Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

Funny North v Eastern - ABL game of the week

Out of the games this week, my pick for game of the week is the Eastern v North.

F/ville v Woodville - the eagles men are white hot at the moment, while the womens game will be a scrappy whitewash.

West v Centrals - Both these mens team are hot cold, Centrals having a cracking start to the season, but dropped off since, womens game is a mere formality.

Sturt v South - Good match ups in both men and women, close 2nd for Game of the Week.

Southern v Norwood - Don't know much about either teams, could be close going on form, Norwood slightly favourites?

North v Eastern - Both men's and women's game are important for finals placings.

Mavericks Women have been in great form, defeating Forestville at Wayville then knocking off South two weeks ago in Mt Barker, looking for another win at home. North have themselves just knocked off West.

North women looking to consolidate top spot, only one game clear of Sturt and South, while Mavs women, two games clear of West, will be looking to close the gap on Forestville.

In the mens game Mavs are 7-8, one win out of finals, and North are 6-9, two wins away. Both teams need the win to make finals.

Mavericks men had a mid-season crisis, dropping 6 games, turning that around against woodville, and backing up against southern last week. North have been hot and cold also losing to South, then pumping Southern, defeating Centrals (at STARplex) but losing against westies last week.

Both men's teams have been hot and cold all season, but i think they are both geniune finals contenders (on their day), the game could be decided by who brings their 'game face'. Last time these teams met in round 6, Eastern recorded a 16 point win at Hillcrest.

Topic #3449 | Report this topic

It's a shame Forestville v Woodville women will be such a whitewash because the men's game is easily the GOTW

Reply #39786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the north eastern will be a good one to watch. mavs have brought in a few rookies to spice things up!!!

Reply #39900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Womens game will be walk over by North. Mav's no coach , no Cayla both at under 18 Nationals ,no contest!

Reply #39902 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think it would be a good idea to have at least one Sunday game every weekend. One of the benefits is that players who are playing Saturday get the opportunity to actually watch some basketball for themselves.

Reply #39903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

one person doesnt make a team!!!!! and they are being coached by jason bald. north are without Tanya Dhu. wait and see guys macs coulod come out with a win here if jason does the right coaching moves he is expected too, mavs will be highly competitive!!!! dont rule them out anon. who is the rookie mavs are bringing in

Reply #39905 | Report this post

intheknow  
Years ago

Get ur facts right Anonymous. Firstly its Tan'i'a Dhu and she will be playing. And really how hard is it to check your typing before clicking 'post'?

Reply #40105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are you implying that she is a selfish player?

Reply #40109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn hard

Reply #40159 | Report this post

Boti  
Years ago

intheknow, you typed "its". That should have been "it's". You forgot the apostrophe.

Really, how hard is it to check your typing before clicking 'post'?

Reply #40171 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

bit harsh Boti, we're not all journalists remember!

Reply #40196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tool boti

Reply #40357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

correct me if i am wrong and i'm sure you english teachers all will
but isn't its one of those exceptions to the rule where there is no apostrophe (sp)

Reply #40379 | Report this post

Boti  
Years ago

Dr Dunkenstein, I was merely correcting intheknow who was himself over-pedantic in a previous post. Check it out.

Anon, when "its" is used for "it is", there is an apostrophe.

Reply #40700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:50 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754