Isaac
Years ago

ABC to broadcast Sino-Australia Challenge

Basketball fans will be able to see all of the 2014 Sino-Australia Challenge between the Australian Boomers and Team China with the entire series to be telecast on ABC2.

In a coup for the sporting faithful, ABC2 will be showing all four games of the Sino-Australia Challenge in full - including the two fixtures to be played in China – with fans able to access replays on demand through ABC iView.

The Sino-Australia Challenge will be the first games televised under the landmark deal between the national broadcaster and Basketball Australia announced in September last year.

The series tips off on Thursday 29 May at Challenge Stadium in Perth, with Game One on ABC2 at 10:30pm nationally.

The Australian Boomers are in camp from Friday 23 May before departing for China on Wednesday 4 June for final two games in the Jiangsu Province in the country's east.

This is the second year of the Sino-Australia Challenge following a four-year agreement reached between Basketball Australia and the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) with funding support from the Western Australian Government.

Tickets for the Sino-Australia Challenge are now available through Ticketmaster.

2014 Sino-Australia Challenge – Australian Boomers v Team China

Game One
Thursday 29 May @ Challenge Stadium 8:30pm (local time)
TV: ABC2 at 10:30pm Nationally (LIVE into VIC, NSW, QLD, ACT &TAS)
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.com.au, call 136 100 and Ticketmaster outlets

Game Two
Saturday 31 May @ Challenge Stadium 6:30pm
TV: ABC2 at 8:30pm Nationally (LIVE into VIC, NSW, QLD, ACT &TAS)
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.com.au, call 136 100 and Ticketmaster outlets

Game Three
Friday 6 June @ Jiangsu Zhenjiang Sports and Exhibition Centre 7:30pm (9:30pm AEST)
TV: ABC2 at 10:30pm Nationally

Game Four
Sunday 8 June @ Liyang Tianmuhu Arena 7:30pm (9:30pm AEST)
TV: ABC2 at 10:30pm Nationally

Topic #34504 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

excellent

Reply #475310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Challenge stadium. Yuck.

Reply #475313 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Some good news for Boomers fans!

ABC2 to broadcast 2014 Sino-Australia Challenge

Reply #475315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is ABC2/ABC4 the same channel ?

Reply #475318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news, well done ABC.

Reply #475322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, I see ABC2/ABC4 on my tv. Is that the channel the series will be on? (Is that ABC2?)

Reply #475325 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great news.

Reply #475333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is playing in this one?

Reply #475340 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Awesome!

Reply #475344 | Report this post

SA Butt Hurt?  
Years ago

Live to all states but SA or am I missing something?

Reply #475345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And WA, WHERE THE GAMES ARE BEING PLAYED

Reply #475413 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed at abc2 that they were advertising this,
while ten/one don't advertise nbl. It just struck me
kinda funny

Reply #475475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is exum playing?

Reply #475490 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

I've been to one of these games at Challenge. There's little atmosphere. The stadium is a little over half full. (No surprise its not at Perth Arena).

There's almost no marketing done locally for the game. If you weren't an avid basketball fan you wouldn't even know it was on.

Its tragic to be honest. Even if BA only broke even, they should spend a few $$$ to make some $$$ and raise the profile of the game.

Reply #475540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why is it on ABC2 when ABC has pathetic programming anything would be better than the slop they broadcast on ABC

these games are tragic due to no atmosphere as mentioned above and the fact China are not competitive, a very poor standard national team nowadays

it is only close because AUS play B or C grade players but I want to see Boomers A team play strong sides on Aus soil for once not these token matches just to fill up the schedule. poor work by BA once again

Reply #475712 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

abc , 7 and 9 are ok , while ten is unable to exist with such big financial and viewer losses.

Reply #476128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754