the front foot
Years ago

should state champs have GF mvp ?

just wondering ?

or state champs refs give 3-2-1 voting every game for a sate champs overall mvp ?

Topic #34508 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, I don't think so. Junior grades should not have an MVP in tournaments in my opinion.

On another note 'the front foot;, how many aliases do you have here? Must be upwards of 100.

Reply #475405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which state champ are you referring too

Reply #475409 | Report this post

Years ago

No, these are JUNIORS!

Reply #475415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs don't understand the game so should never decide the MVP under any circumstances

Reply #475416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Used to have all - star 5 and mvps was never an issue. Was removed due to the change in team nominations which made grades uneven.

Reply #475428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont see a problem with having a MVP for the Grand Final.. You would hope that for GFs they have umpiring of a reasonably high standard.. but now days if every kids not getting a ribbon the rest will cry it seems.. :)

Reply #475464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why? It's a team game, the only thing that matters is that your team won. Only selfish gloryhounds (or more likely their parents) care about MVPs.

Reply #475468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You ask why??, and the only thing that matters is that your team won?..There are lots of things that matter, winning is just a part. If you win and your a d**k about winning, you to have much to learn, even as a parent making that comment I would say learning never stops. Whether there be MVP awards or not.

Football, Netball, soccer, are team games to, but most of them I have seen have a MVP on GFs..because sometimes a person goes above and beyond on the court, or field, and its nice to recognise that WORK ETHIC not because thats was why they were working hard, but because it is recognised..
Better call AFL and call off the Brownlow or the best on ground GF medal this year,( dont want kids seeing awards like this actually happening) as until reading your comment many wouldnt have known their sport to was a team game with no apparently distinctions from one person to another ever!! And as such, not deserving of an award for someone that leads or puts themselves out there that extra mile unselfishly with those % that can change the game.
I have, though its rare, but at times even seen the MVP go to the losing team of a close match by the way. Not all about the winning then, but some player that gave their all worked their but off, but lost anyway, others still recognised that effort to the point it couldnt be ignored and in turn rewarded it.
Reward for effort I call it, no matter whos kid it is, but if you prefer Selfish Gloryhound for WORKING HARD thats your opinion I guess.
Just a different light to think about, for all the people that said NO MVP for Juniors. Most importantly enjoy your sport no matter what awards or wins you collect for you hard work.

Reply #475487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL, the above anon reeks of a selfish pot-hunting parent!

Reply #475488 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i dont mind having a gf mvp but it has to be selected correctly
i think this happens with abl as well in the refs look at the score sheet and go this player scored the most better vote for them
if you have one player that dominates the boards and gets 20+ but maybe doesnt score that much but kicks it out to the shooters should the rebounded not get the votes/mvp not the shooters that had the ball handed to them
the question then is who should select the mvp
ive got no idea

Reply #475505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i say concentrate on calling the game right first

Reply #475511 | Report this post

IMO you could allow the refs and coaches to nominate

Hey Anon second post how can you possibly know how many aliases one anon can have?

Reply #475573 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754