Anonymous
Years ago

Most Exciting NBL Team

Hypothetical question is that if you were GM of a NBL club and wanted to create the most exciting team possible that had to fit under the points cap who would you choose?

Don't worry about winning but rather the team that would make the most exciting plays possible and bring in crowds.

My team would be:

Starters
PG - Steven Markovic (9) - best PG in NBL at throwing alley-oops
SG - Thomas Abercrombie (10) - flys at ring and shoots the three
SF - James Ennis (10) - highlight reel. Won't be here next year, but would choose a similar type of wing player
PF - Sam Young (10) - strong forward. Same as Ennis, if not here next year would pick similar type of player as a beastly forward
C - AJ Ogilvy (10) - the version of AJ that started last year not the way he ended. At the start where he was blocking shots, put back dunks, coming off pick and rolls for alley-oops, etc.

Bench
PG - Jason Cadee (5) - Quick PG to push the ball in transition
SG - Mitch Creek (6) - Explosiveness at the hoop and in transition. Also can play the SF.
SF - Luke Jamieson (DP) - has huge hops and helps being listed as a 0 pointer
PF - Lucas Walker (7) - A lot of put back dunk and finishes in the lane can play both forward spots
C - Ater Majok (3) - high risk pick, but no other bigs are exciting. At least he will block shots and finish above the rim.

I reckon that team would actually be competitive in the league, although probably lacking a bit of size.... Would be exciting though.

Topic #34521 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Majok wouldn't be a 3 returning from Europe, and Jamieson would be a 1 at least if he was in the rotation.

I'd put Daniel Johnson in place of Ogilvy very quickly. If it's only about entertainment, then I'd put Ervin in for Markovic and downgrade elsewhere or start Cadee to load up on other positions.

Reply #475684 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

If you aren't worried about winning (only including players that are a chance of being here next season)

G: Dennis (10)
G: Gliddon (8.)would have had Goulding here but doubt he will be back
F: Abercombie (10)
F: Blanchfield (7) really these two are interchangeable with one of them playing stretch 4
C: Johnson (10) or Conklin (10)

G: Maynard (3) running out of points
G: Steindl (6)
F: Creek (6)
F: Walker (7)
C: Majok Majok (3) because I ran out of points ;)

Reply #475696 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd have to have Steindl and Blanchfield in there somewhere and what about Damien Martin, his blocks and steals get the crowd rocking.

Rhys Carter can excite (at the defensive end too) some of his blocks/steals in the same possession as a Wildcat certainly had 12000 excited people

Reply #475997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754