LC
Years ago

ECF: Heat vs Pacers

Wow - the hot shooting continues by the Heat.

LeBron with 29 so far.

Topic #34542 | Report this topic

Allen Ray  
Years ago

Ray Allen collects a ball rolling out to the 3 pt line picks it up and swish.. Off the floor up and in nice skills

Reply #476190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice flop by dwade there that could of brought it back to 9 with 3 and a half to go. Pacers played awful in that third quarter. SO frustrating watch everyone travel and they never get called, how bout lebrons 3 that beat the shot clock he swapped pivot feet yet didnt get called a travel!

Reply #476196 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Some really bad calls in this game. And Pacers played awful.

At this point I would be trading Roy Hibbert on draft day.

No excuse being that tall and getting blocked by guards that often.

Reply #476202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If the Spurs are all about court smarts and team play, the Pacers in the play-offs have been idiotic and uncoordinated. Horrible to watch. Even the solo play isn't good solo play. Hibbert is soft and Stephenson is trying to get in the head of his opponents without realising that he is the easiest to throw off his game.

There was a play early in the game where Wade suckered Stephenson into jumping at a fake and then giving up a foul. Too easy.

Reply #476205 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

What the hell happened to Hibbert a year ago he was considered amongst the best centres in NBA now he is playing like he is 5'10"

Reply #476209 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I'm calling it, Pacers (unfortunately) are gone, no one in this team can stop LeBron.

Reply #476211 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

You're calling it now? After it's already 3-1?
Could have called it 3 months ago.

Reply #476213 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

How the Pacers got #1 seed is beyond me. 4% of teams trailing 3-1 win a best of seven series.

Reply #476214 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Miami are a great team.

But I feel like its a case of the Pacers losing the series, rather than the Heat winning it.

A further example that the East is an absolute joke.

Even Dallas (8 seed from the West) would have beat Indy in a series.

Reply #476216 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Pacers have been disgraceful this Playoffs and today. How they are number 1 seed in the East is beyond me.

Hibbett has been a disgrace this playoffs compared to last year.

Stephenson is pathetic.

Pacers are a huge cancer internally and need a good clean out.

Heat will take the next game and get some rest.

Reply #476217 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Even Phoenix, Minny and N.O could take them down in 7 with the way they are playing.

Reply #476218 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

agree MACDUB the Mavs would have beaten the Pacers in 5.
The conference system is a joke and Miami gets the easy ride into the Finals while the 2x best teams in the league battle it out for the Western Conference Title.

Reply #476220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro you saying OKC are better than Miami?

Reply #476222 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

no I said OKC & San Antonio are better teams than the Heat hence why their regular season records were better. Heat just get an easier ride because they play in a weak conference.

Reply #476225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would be looking beyond Hibbert. There must be something not right at the Pacers. With the talent they have, I would be getting an external consultant and interviewing each and every player to get the truth... And be looking seriously at the coaching staff… Not cool seeing this happen to a team that should be better. More than just Heat playing with them.. Heat look like they have a bother level to go yet. Clever coaching and ten a spirit to get Boch going. THat is a true team with Phenominal leadership… What a formula they have. And the travels and calls have been woeful the whole series…. Spurs benefiting the most and more often from it…….Thats how I see it...

Reply #476231 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Hendo8888 the irony is lost on you my friend. I was being sarcastic...

Reply #476232 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Hibbert wins super soft centre award.
CJ watson terrible defence.
This series is over.
Pacers should keep P. George and David West, the rest are questionable.

Reply #476239 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Even Dallas (8 seed from the West) would have beat Indy in a series.
The eighth seed in the East almost beat them in a series. That says enough about their playoffs!

Reply #476247 | Report this post

kason jidd  
Years ago

Give credit where credit is due. The Heat won this game through defense.

People saying all this about the Heat have got it easy in the west but don't forget the heat have beat the best in west the last 2 years. The spurs had a hard run in the lead up to the final dropping only 3 games? There is no doubt that the west is better but it is unfair to say that the heat aren't a top 2 side.

Also, the Heat's standing may have been lower than san Antonio and okc but to think that the Heat were not in cruise control and conserving after back to back championships would be silly.

Reply #476258 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Um, for everyone saying how could Indiana be the top seed, well they won enough games early on, banked them, turned to shit but still held on for the top spot. That's how.

That said, Pacers are crap.

Reply #476259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pacers deserved number one seed by being the best team in the east during the regular season.

Playoffs is another story.

Although they only lost game 2 by 4. What would people say if it was 2-2 and pacers had home court still. Fine line.

Hibbert is soft, but I think another huge issue is hill. Guy cannot play offense at all. With george being double teamed why didn't turner get a run to see if he could add some offense?

Why did they stop going to scola/Allen match up? Scores 8 points in 6 minutes but butler decides to jack up bricks!

Reply #476272 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Vogel is a huge part of the problem, but remember how inflexible & out of his depth Spoelstra looked when he first started? Now he is a great coach.

So do you stick by him and hope he grows through this?

The player issues have been well documented, but let's break down what Vogel is doing wrong:

- No one on the heat can guard David West. Yet he touches the ball once every 3 possessions, and when he does touch it, it's at the top of the key, nowhere near the low block. He makes Chris Bosh look like Ben Allen. Why isn't he touching it every time down the floor? He's a half decent passer too. Not great, but half-decent. He makes good reads most of the time and can make plays for others.

- As funny as it sounds, no one on the heat can guard Luis Scola. See above.

- No plays are run for Luis Scola, ever. He's not Tyson Chandler or Kenneth Faried. He can't just "get his" off the offensive glass, breakdowns in play, or off improvised high P&R play. You recruited him: run plays for him. He is a terrible, terrible defensive liability, but he can almost make up for it on the low block. Very few guys can guard that in isolation. In the entire NBA. On the Heat? No one can guard it.

- So you keep seeing these infuriating sequences where Scola or West score two buckets in a row in embarrassing circumstances for the defender -- i'm talking absolute schoolyard bullying -- and then they dont touch the ball for a quarter, or they touch it on the next possession as a ballhandler up top. WTF?!

- Paul George and Lance Stephenson are massive ball stoppers. We need to stop blaming young, inexperienced players in totality for that. A lot of it's on the coach.

- Lance Stephenson is often being guarded by Norris Cole. He tries to beat him off a high iso instead of taking him to the block. Again, on the coach.

- The Pacers are really terrible at finishing quarters. Let's see some timeouts and well-drawn plays please Franky boy.

- And maybe if there was more movement on the offensive end we wouldn't see such an ungodly rate of turnovers.

- Can we dust off Evan Turner already? I'm no fan of his game (or any perimeter player that cant shoot) but I don't think Dwyane Wade can guard him off the dribble, even if the last thing the Pacers need is another iso player. What have you got to lose at this point?

- You have to exploit your matchup advantages to win a series. Paul George is not better than Lebron James. Lance Stephenson is not better than Dwyane Wade. Yet they keep going through them. Then you have two guys in Scola and West who the Heat just simply cannot guard AT ALL who don't touch the ball. It's insane. If Scola is going to be on the floor he has to be getting low post looks every time. He is a massive minus on defense. If you're going to negate that you need call his number early and often. Otherwise don't play him at all.

Reply #476304 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

BUT....what infuriates me most about this Pacers team is the fact that Roy Hibbert makes more than 2 million dollars MORE per year than Joakim Noah.

Can you imagine if Noah is on this Pacers team instead of Hibbert?

It would pretty much solve every single problem with them with one guy, all while saving 2 million clams.

As if anyone in the NBA would have the balls to go up against a frontcourt of Noah and West.

You get toughness, a more versatile defensive player, a 7 footer that can actually dunk the ball, a 7 footer who can pass the ball and make his teammates better, a 7 footer that can exploit mismatches on the offensive end, a 7 footer who actually cares about winning basketball games and his own professional legacy, a 7 footer that doesn't get blocked by opposing guards (Kyle Korver? Come on Roy) twice every game without fail, you never have to go small because Noah can run his ass off, AND YOU SAVE 2 MILLION DOLLARS.

I'd trade Hibbert, picks and the entire bench for Noah and salary filler. Throw Lance in if you have to.

Reply #476305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny how the Pacers already kicked Bynum off the team earlier in the playoffs too.

Reply #476308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps Bunum would 't pit up with Lances rubbish. He is toxic. Listen to Georges comments pre and post game on Lance talking about James and all thise in the background smerking. Maybe Hibbert wants to be let go away from the culture. Many talked about Lances negetive effect on the team and from what I've
seen the last few days it confirms it...

Reply #476333 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He (Lance Stephenson) looks like a clown prancing around with the ball in hand wasting the shot clock instead of putting the ball inside to West for an easy score.

Reply #476335 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

At some point west has got to put his hand up and say "no one can guard me. Get me the ball young fellas".

You cant go down wondering...

Reply #476347 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

agree Mick.

Reply #476353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754