Mystro
Years ago

Southland players named: Te Rangi, Henry, Ili

NZ Breakers SF Reuben TeRangi, former Breaker Leon Henry & Shea Ili are the 3 Southland Sharks players arrested after violence in New Plymouth following a NZNBL game between the Sharks and Taranaki in which the Sharks won on the buzzer.

The players were publicly named after appearing in court this morning in New Plymouth to answer charges of Assault-with intent to injure after an incident with door staff in New Plymouth.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/10090710/Assault-convictions-would-limit-players-careers

Topic #34548 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/10090975/Tough-few-days-for-Sharks-coach-Paul-Henare

Another article.

Reply #476339 | Report this post

Dr McStuffins  
Years ago

too much speights!

Reply #476451 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"One of my objectives when I come down to Southland was to have a positive influence on the culture in the team and in the community - and I guess there have been a few silly mistakes from a few individuals which, from the outside looking in, would make you question the culture and the standards and expectations of our playing group"

Paul Henare comes out and says this. Says there needs to be curfews etc.

Yet he was out there on Saturday night just as intoxicated as the rest of them. Take some responsibility Mr. Henare. Put your hand up and say you need to change yourself.

Reply #476484 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754