WABoy
Years ago

Wildcats membership renewals at 6,780

They have just announced a current tally of 6780 members.
I know its been said, but that is an amazing effort. Its only been 7 weeks since the season ended & still 4-5 months before the next season tips off.

Those 6780 people are last seasons members as its still a renewal period, it will be very interesting to see how many new members sign up once they go on sale to the general public. I would think there would have been few people that attended games last year and thought "im going to sign up next year"

When they moved into Perth Arena their goal was 10000 members, they will get over 9000 this year for sure.

James Ennis helped with crowds last season so they need to keep the people entertained, if they do that again next season & happen to go Back to back, 10000 members for 2015/16 would be highly possible.

Topic #34600 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you sure that number isn't including new members?

Because "New" members tickets have been on sale for a few weeks

Reply #477447 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Yeah its new members and renewing members. I'm a new member and signed up the day they went on sale over a month ago.

Reply #477448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if that number is down on the same time last year?

The Wildcats had a total of 8,300 members when the season started last season

Reply #477449 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Out of interest did the ticket prices go up?

Reply #477451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the prices have gone up but not by much

Reply #477452 | Report this post

WABoy  
Years ago

Sorry my bad, yes also includes new members, only thing is those new members could only pick from seats that are not taken by 2013/14 members.

2013/14 members have until this friday to secure their seat.

You would have thought if you wanted to became a new member you would wait until all possible seats are available incase there are better ones?

Reply #477461 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Wildcats were at just over 7000 at the start of last season, so they would seem to be well ahead of schedule.

Reply #477466 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

How are other clubs memberships tracking? Im particularly keen to know United's given the name change storm.

Reply #477469 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"You would have thought if you wanted to became a new member you would wait until all possible seats are available incase there are better ones?"
No, because that's not how it works. No new members get seats until the renewal period is over, after which they allocate the available seats first-come, first-serve. The earlier you sign up, the more seats will be available to you.

Reply #477472 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Koberulz : Thats not correct mate. I am a new member, signed up as soon as it was available to new members and was allocated seating within the week.

Reply #477474 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Must've changed, then, because that's how it worked when I signed up a couple of years back (although that was at Challenge). Certainly makes more sense that way.

Reply #477476 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Regardless of which, I think they are poised to surpass last seasons memberships comfortably. That is providing they put up a good marketing compaign for new members which no doubt they will

Reply #477477 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Really surprised at the high number this early, especially as we havent locked in our 2 imports yet, and Ennis - a huge drawcard last season - isn't returning.

Being the reigning champs certainly helps though!

Reply #477481 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I thought the figure was very high on the fact that the draw for next season hasnt even been released. I imagine the dates of home games would be a big factor for many joining

Reply #477483 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Renewal deadline has been and gone already, though, and that in itself would be a big reason for the number. Really, I'd have expected them to be a bit closer to the 8.3k (IIRC) they had at the end of the season at this point, given that it's both renewed members and new sign-ups.

And yes, I know the renewal deadline has been extended, but they only announced it as the previous one passed, so I'm not sure how much of an impact it'll actually have.

Reply #477485 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yes, but you thought no one would sign up after last season had started!

Reply #477486 | Report this post

WABoy  
Years ago

My understaning is that

2013/14 members have up to this friday to renew their existing seats, You can apply for a seat change when renewing your seat.

New members that sign up before this Friday can only get allocated seats that were not taken by 2013/14 members. (Obviously as members have until friday to secure current seat)

AFter Friday the members that requested a seat change (1st in 1st served) then get a chance to pick new seats (ones that have not been secured by 2013/14 members)

Once those members have been dealt with, every available seat in the building is then up for grabs for anyone that is interested.

Hence my comment
"You would have thought if you wanted to became a new member you would wait until all possible seats are available incase there are better ones?"

Reply #477487 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Yes, but you thought no one would sign up after last season had started!"
No, I didn't think many people would sign up between the start of the season and the release of mid-season memberships.

Reply #477489 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Wow, that is impressive from the Cats. That organisation sure know how to get it done to not only maintain the following but build on it.

What I find extraordinary is they keep raising the bar, it will be exciting to see what the Cats can provide the fans after the last year of Ennis, Beal and of course the well deserved Championship.

Reply #477513 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, to likely increase numbers two years running after the first boom year when they moved to Perth Arena really is phenomenal.

Reply #477529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't renew this season.

We won the title, so tick that off and can't afford it at the moment

Reply #477651 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

As a member I did notice in our little booklet detailing the membership options that starting this season you can get your pet a Perth Wildcats membership for $55 that includes a dog tag, dog bowl and certificate saying that they are a member, I'm highly doubtful they will let those members into games and I wonder just how much that will change the number of memberships Perth have.

Also one for infants too but atleast we know they can attend

Reply #477936 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I would like to think that the memberships would only include those allocated an actual seat. It been reported on another forum that the number is up to 7,283. Most clubs would be envious of that figure.

Reply #477996 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

AFL clubs include pets in their membership figure.

Reply #478001 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

@paul - I'm pretty sure that's how Western Bulldogs and Richmmond justify staying in the comp.

Reply #478007 | Report this post

Deimos 54  
Years ago

And still no new signings. They are doing something right

Reply #478010 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Pretty sure the pet membership is new. The tertiary student one is definitely new. Not sure how much take-up they'll get for that, I think they need to expand on the available window.

Reply #478026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:03 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754