Isaac
Years ago

Funny Big, loud Sixers fans needed

Dignified? Athletic? Well-presented?

Boys, if these terms describe you as a Sixer fan, it's probably best that you scamper off to get your hair done, and leave everyone else to read on because we're looking for big Sixers fans. And when we say "big" we may also mean it literally. If you're on a permanent "see-food" diet, we support that -- the Sixers dancers are too slim to spot from the back of the Dome anyway!

So, if you're a natural, attention-seeking extrovert or even a tightarse who'll do anything to get a Sixers season ticket without opening your wallet, listen up. We want you if you've ever yelled something at the opposition that drew a laugh, put on a Hawaiian shirt for a game, stood up with friends with SIXERS painted across your collective chests or worn a crazy wig for a dare. Oh, that was your real hair?

We understand that you may have needs. Greasy needs. But we'll make sure they're met. And we guarantee that you'll have fun too.

To express your interest in getting involved, you'll need to contact Paul Bauer ([email protected]) at the Sixers. Email him three words that best describe you, a bit about yourself as a Sixers fan, maybe any recent costume parties you've been to, which animal you most like to eat, and perhaps your all-time most memorable meal -- and we'll get the basketball rolling.

Alternatively, if this sounds like someone you know, we think its in their best interests if they hear about this great chance to take that next step as a fan. Pass on this notice or show them the page. Your help in outing our biggest fans is appreciated.

-

This is an initiative of the 2005/06 Sixers Game Night Committee: Paul (36ERS), Teresa (36ERS), Rachel (36ERS), Jane (dancers), Ben (music), Bonz (MC), Isaac (mercenary). If you have ideas, send them through because we're going to make sure that its showtime at the Dome this season.

Topic #3461 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Isacc - as much as id love to be involved I doubt that the budget would extend to flying me in from the GCoast each week :)

But by all means let me know if you are planning anything for the game in Brissy and Ill help you out

Reply #39913 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Can we work a 1 Kilo steak from Gauchos before every game into the deal?

Reply #39916 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We will try and keep participants fed, but I'm not sure that the budget extends to MSA-grade beef. If it did, I'd go on a weight-gain plan to get involved!

Reply #39919 | Report this post

The Body  
Years ago

The body would do it but I dont think I'm extrovert enough.

Reply #39927 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Just put my mind at rest, this Bonz character isnt a wanna-be wigga at all is he? It's just with a name like Bonz I'm a little bit nervous. Wouldn't want to send my renewal today only to listen to a guy annoucing with a fake accent for a whole season.

Reply #39930 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I'll do it, sounds like something you can make an ass out of yourself and i'm getting the same reaction now form my workmates! So Im In!

Reply #39931 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Bonz did it last season too, and has been announcer at Woodville games for some time.

Wigga is not a word I would use to describe Bonz, but f*uck I'd love to see him go hip hop for just one night. We could call him Biggy Bonz. I think he'd be a West Coast rapper, with metal influences.

Word.

Reply #39932 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

You mean the guy who walks on court and speaks at quarter time breaks? How did he get the name Bonz?

Reply #39933 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Bonz is the guy who does the on court announcing, the club song etc.

Indeed Double Clutch, Bonz rolling around in a 64 on juice would be a site!!

Reply #39934 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Isaac,

(re 39916)

If the Rogers deal falls through .. and we cant find a 5 man .. You should ask Gaucho's if they would be happy to sponsor Oscar for a season and "bulk" him up to play the 5 !! ;)

By the way .. what was his reaction to Don Shipway's comment on Talking Hoops about being more of a rebounder and not to shoot the 3 ball so much ? Classic !!

Reply #39935 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Well the Hot/Not list exam edition is coming tommorow afternoon (since people have been asking) and Bonz may be getting a mention or two. Also featuring Ali Trewartha of North Adelaide.

Reply #39937 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DC, Bonz is the guy who did it last year and was pretty good IMO. Bigger role this year. "Bonz" comes from his surname. Met him last night and I think he's the right man for the job.

The Body, if wearing a mask helps protect your reputation out there, so be it. Alternatively use some performance enhancers (in this case, alcohol!) or do it with friends to avoid nerves.

Skyhook, didn't hear it. If someone's hitting threes at 47%, do you really want them to stop though? Going to be a lot of competition on the boards this year (Cooper, Rees or Rogers, Rychart, Holmes, Nash, Forman)!

Kriss - be sure to email Potsie. And to others, even if you don't have the bodytype that we're looking for with the primary idea here, if you want to make some noise, get in touch and you'll be used.

Reply #39943 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

So we don't need to be fat? I would love to do it, I just don't have the body.

Reply #39944 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Great idea by the 36ers. Well done.

Reply #39946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bizzy, for the primary idea (which will be solidified based on responses), anyone large or lanky will be perfect. If you're too dignified and athletic but eager to make noise or get involved in another way, an opportunity will be found. Email Paul and I'm sure he can put together a list of those who are interested.

Reply #39948 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

...was tongue in cheek Isaac ... let the big fella pull the trigger on the 3 ball as much as he likes.

Nash will take a few 3's too this year .. i wonder if Oscar will take a different role at all ?

Reply #39949 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

so is Paul trying to re-create the college atmosphere at the sixers game? Is that the aim of these loud fans?

Reply #39950 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We're going to try a lot of things. Paul's aim is to improve game night entertainment, so whatever falls under that umbrella -- music, competitions, presentation, etc.

Reply #39951 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

I'm not a big fella but am a little lanky. Will get out the colourful shirts for the coming season.

Anyone know where to find some outrages looking shirts?

Reply #39952 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

His full name is Paul Bonsor, hence "Bonz".

Reply #39974 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Will Ben the music man be sitting with and joining this motley crew????

I can't wait for the first person to hold life size cutout of bikini models up whilst the opposite team is taking free throws (ahh, old school NBA....)

Reply #39989 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

you have to get the guy who sat behind the opposition bench and hurled abuse at the coaches & players( it was about two years ago, i think in the city mazda box ). he gave heal & goorjian a touch up & offered them one of his pies, heal called him 'snowball' in reference to his stature. when one of the coaches (i think either black or joyce) forgot their belt he spent the whole game offering his. he always came up with champagne comedy!

Reply #40028 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounds perfect -- if anyone knows him, pass on his details because he'd be a poster-boy for what we're trying to achieve.

Reply #40031 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I think you should put the investigative journalist Kent Brockman on the case.

Reply #40039 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Isaac,

You are an absolute champion. This sort of idea is the first step forward towards getting some atmosphere back at the games! Fantastic initiative by all back at the Sixers, somewhat similar to what Perth have at either end of the court. I've been suggesting this idea for years!

Where would this group sit and are they going to be the official supporters group, making up songs etc.?

Reply #40054 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We'll see how it pans out, but yes, one way or another there should be some noise coming from either end of the court and if I have to write the chants for them myself, so be it.

I think the first opponents are Perth -- easy targets: everything about Ronaldson, Matt Shanahan's head, the "coach", etc.

It's hard to reveal much (don't know what will eventuate and obviously can't promise anything until things do) but there are some great ideas coming from this committee.

Reply #40055 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Be easy to beat up on Ronaldson, he's to slow to make it up and down the court, so he will just be stuck at one end getting ripped in to!!

But watch out he's nick-named the Bear. Yeah a Teddy Bear.!!

Reply #40057 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Has anyone though up of a name of this crew???

Just don't let Carfino pick a name, he's sucks the big one when it comes to giving names....

Reply #40060 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Carfino won't be picking a name. It's under control for now.

Reply #40061 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

TR we will have to wait and see!!

Reply #40080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the name should be the matadors, oh hang on a sec there already is a matadors here.

I think it is a damn good idea, even if it is borrowed from someone. We have to do something to add to the atmosphere.

Reply #40090 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, these sort of entertainers are very popular and most NBA teams have them. To my knowledge, no team in Australia does. Whether a Sixers equivalent just make noise or perform remains to be seen.

Still, when you steal, you steal from the best. Those with the most money buying the top marketers are naturally going to come up with the best ideas first.

Reply #40099 | Report this post

Bonz Fan  
Years ago

Bonz should step out onto court with his retro celtics warm-up track suit. Got nothing to do with the sixers, but looks the shit!!! & it would add to his new hip hop style!!

Reply #40107 | Report this post

issac i'd love to jump on board but i would have to cut down the maccas to 4 times a week to fit in the seats un less your setting up a reinforced area for us to make some noise in, please make it behind the opp. bench we could use southern tactics to make sure we get over the line.

Reply #40206 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Get as MANY people involved guys lets try to make this idea work. I think Paul is setting up audition times so we can......"show him what we got"

Reply #41088 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

What happend to the 36ers Bad Boys? I can remember them wearing red t shirts with bad boys on the front!!!

Reply #41863 | Report this post

citymazda  
Years ago

i know the person who use to work at City Mazda. very funny person
i too got told off by security ( our security ) for heckling when we played wollongong 2 seasons ago when saville scored only 7 points.
joyce and co complained to security and the said to me either shut up or u will be kicked out.
they were the best seats behind the visiting team bench.

Reply #45713 | Report this post

soccerlad  
Years ago

maybe speak to the guys in stand59 at adelaide utd games and we can sing some songs ie

If i had the wings of a sparrow
If i had the arse of a crow
Id fly over tomorrow
And shit on the bastards below

and stir up the opposition

Reply #45716 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Are you the same guy who offered Brett Brown and Shane Heal a pie?

Reply #45718 | Report this post

citymazda  
Years ago

im not .. but i know who he is

shane heal turned around and said why dont you eat all the pies. and he said ok i will

Reply #45735 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Tell him that he should get in touch with Paul Bauer at the sixers office on 8444 6444.

There is a potential season ticket in it for him.

That was gold with him and Heal, he got thrown out of a Brisbane game after getting into it with Kerle if I remember correctly.

Reply #45742 | Report this post

citymazda  
Years ago

ok ..
but why do our security guys kick us out for sledging the opposition??
who side are they on.
i got warned against wollongong.

Reply #45745 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Not sure about the security but if you get in touch with Paul I am sure you will be a lot closer to the action than the City Mazda box.

Reply #45765 | Report this post

citymazda  
Years ago

we dont have that box anymore
we now have a corporate suite . abit away from the action but i wise investment. we have given 6 Mazda 6's to the players for the year

Reply #45771 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

give me a mazda 6 and ill tattoo mazda on my arm and never wear anything but tank tops!

Reply #46072 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

How is the progress of the Big guys going? has it been finalised or is there more auditions to go?

Reply #46266 | Report this post

OLLIE  
Years ago

BONSOR IS A TOP BLOKE IVE KNOWN HIM FOR MANY YEARS AND IF YOU CAN ORGANISE ANYTHING FOR PERTH GAMES NEXT YEAR IM IN. IF YOURE SEEIN THIS BONZ GOOD JOB. OLLIE

Reply #119495 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Cheers Ollie!

Reply #119523 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

thats 2 of us in perth,

damn where the hell were you this year when they were threatening to kick me out Ollie....

anymore takers???

Reply #119550 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754