Anonymous
Years ago

Smart TV playing NBA League Pass

Not very Tech savvy, have just purchased a new Samsung Smart TV and want to be able play league pass through it.
Tried logging in off the web browser and the login box doesn't fully open so can't login.
Anyone had this problem, no a way to rectify it?

Topic #34614 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Buy Apple TV costs 100 and can play anything streamed from an Apple device also has a nba app

Reply #477777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad if you don't have an Apple.

Reply #477778 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

There's other boxes like Apple TV. Office Works sells one that does everything Apple TV does but from any computer/android. It's around $120-$140 from memory.

Reply #477779 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Got a samsung myself and its a no go as they don't have an app. I know it does not help you but i play it through the PS4 and it works fine. Also if you have a laptop the simple solution might just be to hook that up.

Reply #477785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do you need an app at all?

Reply #477786 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

As joshuapending says you need an app for the League Pass on the Samsung like there is for NBL TV. You should be able to log in with the Samsung Web Browser but as it is not able to play current Flash Video that is at far as you will get.

Reply #477787 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You don't need to worry about your phone or computer for an Apple TV if you're just wanting to run League Pass. The ATV is independent.

Platform is only going to come into play if you want to use AirPlay from a phone/tablet to stream something else.

All that said, I have a Samsung TV plus ATV1 and ATV3, but with the games typically on during working hours, I watch League Pass in a browser window on a fourth monitor at my desk. Gave the ATV3 to my parents and the ATV1 doesn't even get switched on.

Reply #477793 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

I was looking at a new Samsung TV at JB the other day and there was a league pass app right there on the screen....should be no issue....

Reply #477801 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Think it's running US demo stuff then. I'm pretty sure Aus does not have the app. Also confident you can get around it, I got Plex on my tv before they released an official app.

Reply #477814 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure you can't run NBA League Pass through your Browser on any Smart TV because it needs Adobe Flash to support.

I tried to find a smart TV with the NBA App but couldn't find one, had to purchase Apple TV to have access to the App.

I find the ATV still needs improvements and sometimes drops out or is not accessible if you try to watch games directly after they have finished playing live so they can cut it up with a condensed version or highlights.

When connecting my Laptop to my TV with HDMI NBA league pass works fine but my quality of viewing is very average and I don't know how I can improve this??

Reply #477819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point about the Flash requirement.
Certainly Flash wont be an option on Apple either.

Reply #477821 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Chromecast might be a cheap option now.

Reply #477877 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

I'm not up on all the tech stuff either but it was a new 55inch? Samsung led smart TV with a full browser at JB Hifi....had game time or league pass app

Reply #478015 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

I might go down there and see if it works next time I'm over there

Reply #478016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL you don't need a smart tv or apple to run it

all you need is a normal plasma full hd tv buy a longer hd cable of say 2-10m and then you have smart tv on your hdtv because the tv becomes your monitor

Reply #478078 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Any Roku has the NBA tv App.

Reply #788755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #795347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #795348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #795349 | Report this post

dirk  
Years ago

Reply #814558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just bought a new TV and didn't get one with an Android OS? Bruh.

Get a Chromecast instead. Great for NBA and other apps like Kayo etc.

Reply #814583 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Using flash is plain dumb. It's opened to hacks , thsts why the majority of the big computer companies don't use it anymore. It's unsupported.

Reply #825938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flash no longer supported after 2020.

Reply #825941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chromecast $50 and you just cast in HD direct from the NBA appnon your phone

Reply #825951 | Report this post

BruthaMan  
Years ago

I have two solutions.

1. Purchase an adaptor HDMI to Type C for iPad or Android device, if you have app installed you can view on your TV

2. Purchase LEAGUE PASS on Amazon Prime Video

Reply #838053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754