interested
Years ago

nsw junior country

any results out there?

i was told after Sat. games Canberra moved boys from the u12 div2 team to their u12 div 3 team. If true, i didnt think that would be allowed as team lists are nominated for each team.

Topic #34616 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see it being allowed either, and would assume it didn't happen. The number of 'facts' I've heard given about Canberra teams at NSW events by NSW parents who don't have the faintest idea what they're talking about is incredible. If it did happen, pretty disappointing for the div 3 boys.

Newcastle and Illawarra on track to meet in 16 Boys, should be a cracker with both looking in good touch.

The Western teams in u14 Boys div 2 impressive, accounting for 3 of the top 4. Not that surprising given the success of the Western Reds in CPL.

Reply #477823 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

BNSW, pls put results on your web page quicker.

Reply #477848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the refereeing this weekend was the worst i've ever seen at a tournament

Reply #477879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

had some good ones and some bad ones!

average was ok.

Reply #477883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you wanted to see inept referees, come to the National Junior Classic

Reply #477893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

saw both 16M games at Newcastle and 18M games at Maitland. haven't ever seen so many games where referees have had such a big say in who has won them. not good enough from BNSW.

Reply #477895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U/18 Women officials overall did a great job at Country Tournament in Bomaderry.

Reply #477898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #477903
re: NSW Country Tournament Predictions
Well, proving once again, I am not a great tipper...

Actual results:

12w Illawarra, not Newcastle
14w Newcastle
16w Newcastle, not Bathurst
18w Gosford

12M Newcastle, not Illawarra
14M Illawarra
16M Illawarra
18M Central Coast Waves, not Newcastle

I guess 4 from 8 is not great....

What was interesting was to see the number of teams who don't compete in CPL win games over those who do. One CPL team even entered Div 2, which prob shouldn't be allowed and while they may be celebrating their win, it should be a pretty hollow victory. Not sure how anyone will determine the eligibility for next year, but teams who have failed to win a game over the last couple of years should be relegated..., may need a challenge weekend?

Reply #477934 | Report this post

Wonderer  
Years ago

Quality of refereeing variable at best. Shows that not enough development is being done in the associations. Some of them looked like they had never ruffed at rep level and while it was an experience for them, may have put some off. Good to see so many ref coaches at the venues, but it would have been nice to see them be more visible and spend less time off in a room. The less experienced refs really needed their help and support.

Reply #477954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754