cheezeburger
Years ago

Marvin's the Man

with the atlanta hawks taking mavin williams at pick 2 and Salim Stoudamire with pick 31st pick big things are expected.im very happy they drafted marvin.the hawks tried to trade to pick up jaret jack at point but the deal fell though.the hawks are still without a centre and point gaurd though.

any comments on how you think the hawks drafted and their future?

Topic #3463 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares they are by far the worst franchise in the league and even if they picked up the next Jordan they would screw it up in typical Atlanta Hawks style by trading for Kwame Brown or someone like that

Reply #39964 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

it's nice to have a whole bunch of shooters, but they need someone to pass them the ball (and his name ain't Lue), rebounds are usually needed as well. The hawks will get bugger all in the FA market. Maybe they could convince SAR to return, but they need a hell of a lot more than just him

My tip if for the hawks to actually have the same record as last year, and miss the numnber 1 pick again.

If any FA does sign it will be another Stephen Jackson show. They will sign for a year to inflate their stats and then move on to a better team with a better contract.

The Hawks are replacing the Clippers in the league.

Reply #39973 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah so far without a gun free agent pick yeah we do look bad.it can all change.we just have to convince a gun ie allen redd swift kwame reef to sign and stick with us.a team can get away with out having a gun pg.but a centre/pf is needed.

Reply #39977 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the only bad thing is we have no trade bait apart from al harrington so i dont no what type of player we can get for him.chandler/curry/dalembert.there big players.i also think its time to get kevin willis off the player roster and get him to coach or something.its pointless hes injured for the whole season anyway.

Reply #39979 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

one more thing we only have 3 untouchable players childress,smith and williams so we are not goning to be doing any stupid trades apart from sending away draft picks.i think smith and williams are battling for starting posotions at sf williams might start but he is comfortable coming off the bench and playing big minutes.we we do better than new orleans this season.

Reply #39980 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

noticed today that the Wiz have given an offer to Kwame who is restricted (possible sign and trade thing going on), and that LeBron has made best friends with Curry (restricted)and wants him to join the Cavs. Dalembert (restricted) is almost certain to stay with the 76ers. Their best chance at a free agent centre is probably Ilgauskas.

When Williams worked with the bucks, larry said that he could see Marvin at the 4 if needed. Marvin will start at the 4 cause they have no one else good enough. They need Smith and Williams on the court together to remain sort off competitive.

If the right player came along I would trade Childress, that still leaves you with Smith and Marvin, just how many SG/SF do you need. Childress would bring talent in return, Delk/Biaw wil not. Delk/Willis/Stewart/Lue are free agents, let them walk. Resign Googs for a year of two to bring as a mentor for the young'uns or you'll have another Portland squad on your handws

Trade or waive Ivey/Thomas/Collier/D.Smith/ for a decent PG.

They now should also bring Andersen into the squad, they have the money and position open

The players/free agents they should be targeting are SAR (20/10 per night), Brevin Knight (9 dimes a game. I want him to resign with Charlotte, and didn't he use to be a Hawk???), Damon Stoudamire could be another goer. If they can't get SAR then try for Swift.

Now, Cheeze, if Atlanta could put this squad together then I may pay them attention. Mind you, if they keep that 50 year old Willis on the bench then that's a turnoff....

1) D.Stoudamire/Knight/S.Stoudamire
2) Smith/Childress/S.Stoudamire/Diaw
3) Williams/Smith/Harrington
4) SAR/Googs/Drobnjak/Ekezie
5) Ilgauskas/Andersen/some rook

Reply #39983 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

oi how do the hawks bring in anderson.is there some process you have to go though.cause so far we have no centre.so it would make sence to bring him in.

Reply #39994 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the bobcats have drafted very very well .okafor,felton,may.they have almost drafted in a gun staring 5.promising.

Reply #39995 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Bring in Damon Stoudamire and have Salim back him up I doubt that Atlanta could get a Ray Allen money wise I think you could get him but it would depend on if he would want to play for a team that is likely to finish somewhere in the lottery again

Reply #39998 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think that Damon could want to play with his cousin, and he is a top notch PG that should be cheapish.

Nah, leave Ray Ray alone, he would only restrict the development of Josh, Marvin and Childress. Ray Ray is a great player, but a shooter isn't what Atlanta need, stay away from Redd, same reasons. The Hawks can place the ball in the hoop, no questions about it, they just can't defend a brick wall if they tried, or grab a rebound.

The Knicks want to get rid of the Junk Yard Dog, Jerome Williams who is a cheap mini Ben Wallace, great rebounder and defender, surely Isiah would be retarded enough (all-time awesome player, absolute shite GM) could be suckered into trading him for some scraps to Atlanta,he can't score, but your boys don't need that, Josh, Marvin, Harrington, Salim will take care of that.

I was maybe a little quick with the Andersen comment, on the CSKA website, Andersen has agreed to return for the 2005-2006, after being selected to the First Team - All Euroleague. It was originally a two year contract (last year being the first), with an NBA opt out condition. Pity, as I think we would be given the chance for serious minutes this season with Atlanta.

There is some light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a damn long tunnel at the moment, it's gonna take a lot of time.

I like the Cats with Felton at 5, little miffed about May at 13, I was hoping for a SF/SG and we let Granger, Warick, Graham and Green slide past which will hurt. We are good at the PF with Okafor, Felton fixed the PG issue, but we still lack firepower at the SF/SG positions. Oh well, May will be a great backup, and the Cats keep with tradition in taking a NCAA championship winner.

Reply #40002 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Go the Googs!!! He should start.

Reply #40078 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

why wouldnt damon stoudamire not want to play will his cousin salim?

Reply #40146 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No idea, I said Damon could want to play with Salim. Cousins are allowed to play together...

Reply #40147 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

im panicing.why hasnt marvin signed on the dotted line yet?could a trade be beconing?

Reply #40457 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nah, some teams are holding off signing their rookie contracts due to the new CBA. Nothing to worry about yet. If rookie's sign now they have a guarantee three year contract. If they sign after the CBA is in they only get a two year contract.

Under the new CBA teams only have to guarantee a player two years of wages instead of three. Here is how the new CBA works for rookies:

Rookies will have a two year guarantee, as opposed to a three, and at the end of that two, teams should be able to make a determination as to whether or not they could keep the player (additional 2 years), and along with the right of first refusal for a fifth year, if they deem him worthy of being in the NBA. A rookie or player with less than two years experience can be sent to the development league for a while, so yes, Bogut can be sent there...

Reply #40465 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I probably shouldn't say rookie's, I should say 1st round draft picks cause 2nd rounders normally aren't guaranteed a cent, plus there will be some decent f/a rookies as well. There has been some people signed to contracts straight out of the 2nd round, but it's not a common occurance.

Reply #40480 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

marvin williams is expected to sign for the hawks before they play there first summer league game-july 15.finally!

Reply #40944 | Report this post

Danny  
Years ago

Yo,
see my man Salim Score 39 points in the last game of the RMR? Marvin aint jack! Salim is their best player. he's going to be the best shooter in the NBA some day., like he was his senior year in college. I from Tucson i watched him 4 years and he's the steal of the draft. He is gonna outright amaze folks...

Reply #42826 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well salim was the best shooter in the U.S last season.he is capable of much more considering he came of the bench and only played 24 minutes for 39 points vs bobcats.marvin also has his best game for the hawks getting 10 8 2.childress also played well woth 22 6 2.

Reply #42907 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, your lads go two steals in the draft, Salim (who I think should be your starting PG and be signed to a 1st rounder type contract) who lit the court up with his shooting and your late second round pick, that Euro, Cenk Akyol

He's killing them in the Under 18
Euro's and is the talk to the tournament whilst the Clippers pick Korolev stinks it up big time. Against France he scored 22 points, 7 boards, 3 assists and 6 steals. Nice numbers for a late second rounder that costs you nothing to keep around to watch him develop.

Cheeze, he's a question for you, if the draft could be replayed would you stick with Marvin or take Chris Paul???? Personally I'd be taking Paul, he's killing them at the moment, but Marvin should improve once he knows the system and gets over his injuries and rustiness.

Reply #42908 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well it depends.marvin is a good choice if josh smith plays pf then it makes sence to grab marvin who would be a top 3 man.if they sign a pf then i would question why they chose marvin over paul.salim would be a great pg,maybe not a sg in the nba but a top 6th man to provide a spark off the bench.

Cenk Akyol from turkey i have been scouting.hes only 18 and is tearing it up.he has said in an interview he wants to continue to play in turkey from another 2 seasons and bulk up and then make to move over.

i would of liked to have traded the our 2nd pick(marvin)to say bobcats and gotten more 1st round choices. eg a pg-jack,felton or some tall timber -may.

Reply #42947 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, there was NO way in hell my cats were gonna give you that draft pick, well maybe if you had the number 1, we'd given you what you want minus Okafor. Oh, I heard that the Hawks may chuck some $$$ at Zaza Pachulia from the Bucks. He'd be a nice pickup as the backup PF/C.

It looks like you guys have got very lucky and possibly gotten yourself Joe Johnson. The Suns are hesitant to match the $70 mill due to Amare requiring the max shortly. I read somewhere that they want Joe to man the point. Nothing comfirmed yet, but you would of thought after the offer has been on the table for the past 10 days the Suns would of 'agreed' to match the offer.

Looking at it, Salem should of gone first round, I guess his height hurt, but at the end of the day it only matter if you can shoot the pill. Salim can. Maybe a double for the Hawks with Josh taking the dunk comp and Salim the 3 point shoot out!!!

Difficult choice between Marvin and Paul, there is currently a debate now in Atlanta my mate told me about "are the Hawks gonna regret not taking Paul".

Reply #42953 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah but chris paul at 6 foot flat????dunno we will see how he finds it wit the big boys when the real season starts.

Reply #42958 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754