Anonymous
Years ago

Will LeBron opt out of his contract

With the spurs likely to take the finals and the heat looking only down hill from now is it likely that Lebron will opt out? And if so, where are his options? I have heard rumours of Lakers and Cavaliers and most recently a rumour of him joining forces with Melo.

Topic #34632 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Won't join Melo.....he isn't the guy you want to be next to.

I can see him opt out then re-sign with the Heat.

the heat have proven they can put together a roster that can get him to the finals year on year plus provide the right enviroment and recruit the right bench/vets to get them thru the season/play-offs.

Not one team mentioned in dispatchs can match what the Heat offer in terms of total package.

Reply #478135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Heat are down 2-1.. Finals are far from over.
They will go back to San Antonio 2-2. Heat dont lose consecutive games all too often. Plus I honestly cant see Spurs shooitng 19-21 to start the game again.

Reply #478138 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Pretty unlikely he would leave Miami

Reply #478140 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Bosh will be the one to leave. 2 titles (as of now) is a pretty decent haul and he'll be able to command a max deal pretty much anywhere purely from being on (at least) 2 Heat championships.

Reply #478147 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I think he will stay in Miami. Heat won't lose 2 in a row at home so series is far from over, sticking with my original Spurs in 7.

Reply #478149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bosh's value has decreased since being with the Heat in my opinion.

Reply #478155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

miami big 3 are headed for $20m each next year on their current deal
the first year they were together all were around $14m
what i feel is a fair chance to happen and what i think is a smart choice - all of them opt out, re-sign for $15m each and then there is a spare $15m just from that to go out and get another big name player or a couple decent guys for $7-8m

im sure there are some guys out there that could easily command $10m a year but would take $8m in miami for the chance to get a ring

Reply #478174 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

The guys have shown they will take less money for a shoot at winning plus they more than make up for it in terms of xtra dollars from other revenues.

I'd expect they will make the team choice with Wade the one who may take a decent cut to say $10/12mil so accomdate another 1/2 really good players and cover his absnece from his knees and add more solid rotation players so can keep getting better.

Reply #478183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If LeBron opts out do you think any teams would offer him a max contract or would he be looking at the mid level exemption?

Reply #478184 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Meanwhile at the Spurs, no one over $12.5m. And yet the Heat with their big three plus Beasley and Oden need to work out how to add another big piece?! Crazy.

Reply #478195 | Report this post

sam  
Years ago

yes he will opt out

but he will probably re-sign with miami

Reply #478198 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Comparing a champion team concept with that of a team of champions are we?

One seems to cost more than the other, wierd isn't it!

Reply #478246 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Get Mario Chalmers out of there has to be the first step.

Give Cole the starting job for next season - he is just as good and costs about $3m less.

The best option for the Heat would be for Bosh to pack up and leave - I think he is the most replaceable player and if they got rid of him they could get Greg Monroe and someone like Lowry! (assuming they would stack their bench with $1m,$2m type guys).

Bosh wants to stay though

Reply #478260 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I would like to see LBJ 'take his talents' to a place like Philly or back to Cavs. Take a team at the bottom and win from there. That's the only way he'll be able to be compared to MJ and other GOAT discussions.

Reply #478644 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:11 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754