Isaac
Years ago

The Dome from Above

Recently Google Maps has added Australian satellite images to its mapping service.

Here's the Dome from above.

You can browse around and find your own house and anything else interesting.

Maybe the club should plant/burn a giant "SIXERS" into the carpark oval so it's viewable from satellite images. See if you could get it into the paper.

Topic #3466 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Just don't go looking for Capitol Hill on that website. For some reason, it's all fuzzy!

Reply #40015 | Report this post

Pitstop  
Years ago

Better still, paint it on the roof of the Dome!

Reply #40029 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

It doesn't look too much like a Dome from that angle.

Reply #40040 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I've got a large bag of white lime if anyone is intrested in taking on Isaac's challenge....

Reply #40081 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can we just not call it "Isaac's Challenge" when the police (besides TR) arrive?

Reply #40085 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here's the deal...

if someone does it, get's caught all they have to do is start slapping the side of their head and scream "Isaac told me to", helps to dribble a little bit and also start a rocking motion, moaning is also good, but don't go too crazy, you may get cuffed or sprayed.

When asked who Isaac is, start screaming "the dude in my computer!!!!" {Note: continue holding head, dribbling and rocking}

Trust me, you'll get weird looks from my lads in blue and you'll end up getting posibbly {Note: I said possibly} away sort of free (you may end up with 4 hours getting a mental illness review), and fingers crossed no conviction, or a warning. It's probably worth a run, but since I live in Canberra I would need some sponsorship...

Reply #40092 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

This satellite mapping is dodgy, there are numerous buildings in Canberra that don't show up and I definately know are there... I ain't gonna write what buildings or I'll get raided by other agencies bar my own....

Reply #40097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How often is that map updated?

Reply #40104 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

It looks like it hasnt been updated for ages. Look for harbourtown at the airport. It's still only dirt.

"It doesn't look too much like a Dome from that angle.

Nutwork, 01/07/05"

It doesnt look like a dome from any angle!

Reply #40120 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754