spurs24
Years ago

The Boomers (featuring King Patty) in the NBA

Surely they would make playoffs especially in the east.

Mills/Exum/Delly
Ingles/Goulding
Bogut/Baynes/Bairstow

Topic #34696 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you kidding me they won't even win a game

Reply #479343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You might need to wait a few years when the line-up looks like this

Irving/Mills
Exum/Dellavedova
Bolden/Bairstow
Simmons/Baynes
Bogut/Maker

Reply #479344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IRVING IS NOT AUSTRALIAN AND IS NEVER GOING TO BE!!!! FFS

Reply #479346 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is Simmons really going to be a PF? Would've thought he was agile enough to be a SF whereas Maker would supposedly make a decent PF in the Garnett style.

OP's roster is not going to be a strong NBA team in a hurry.

Reply #479347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it wouldn't surprise me if Irving played for AUS relatively soon. Only reason he hasn't committed is he was expecting to get a team USA position but i think there are a few ahead of him and some behind him that may overtake him.

Reply #479350 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Please stop putting Exum in your teams we have players in the NBL who played years of college ball for some decent colleges and they struggle to adjust to our league if he even gets on the court in the NBA they will ride him like a rented mule!

Reply #479353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is a top 5 draft pick. He will get on the court.

Reply #479355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Boomers should not pick any players from the NBL the quality of play is not high enough to win at international level. There is a reason these guys play NBL, they are not good enough for NBA or to play in better leagues in Europe.

Reply #479356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If that team were to win 10 games it would be a good year. You must be drunk? haha

Reply #479359 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

They would be a lottery team if they played NBA.
Does give food for thought with 2016 boomers team which could look like this

Dellavedova/Exum/??
Mills/Goulding
Ingles/Simmons /Newley or Broekhoff
Bairstow/Maker
Bogut/Baynes

Motum,Bolden,Drmic,Greenwood also possible inclusions

Reply #479361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is a top 5 draft pick he will get on the court...only until his performance doesn't measure up.

Bennett is a number 1 draft pick and ended up waaayyy down the end of the bench.

Exum is an 18 year old kid.
I would say that it is unfair to place expectations on him but he (and his agents) are responsible for it.
Not saying he can't succeed but it is a huge ask.

Hopefully he is a superstar and plays in 4 Olympic games

Reply #479363 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Don't get me wrong I hope Exum is successful but the point I'm trying to make is he will struggle for years until he matures, he's a boy about to come up against men. And I doubt he'll be a Top 5 pick!

Reply #479365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rubbish. Exum will be a top 5 Draft pick.

Don't forget that Isaac Humphries is a very talented 7 footer and will one day be an Australian Boomer.

Reply #479369 | Report this post

kason jidd  
Years ago

I don't know if there has ever been a top 5 pick who has not hit the court at some stage or another so I'm sure Exum will hit the court. Bennett was one of the biggest busts of all time and he still got a decent amount of court time and will probably in future.

He should go as the 4th pick - at least that is what most sports betting agencies have him as short favourite to go as.

Reply #479370 | Report this post

kason jidd  
Years ago

Also, most top 5 draft picks usually ease into the NBA system fairly quick. Look at some of last years picks even outside of the top 10 and how quickly they have become quality players:

Pick 24: Tim Hardaway Jr
Pick 22: Mason Plumlee
Pick 20: Tony Snell
Pick 13: Kelly Olynyck
Pick 12: Steven Adams
Pick 10: Michael Carter Williams

Reply #479371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.nbadraft.net

Reply #479372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Golding is shit to hands off it people

Reply #479373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ What ?

Reply #479374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah right, GOULDING is shit, that's why he has been invited to tryout for several NBA teams.

Honestly, some people have no idea

Reply #479375 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Agree Isaac Simmons is definitely at SF in the mold of a point forward like Lebron, can pass, rebound, drive, shoot, make plays.Maker hopefully will continue to develop into PF like garnett

Reply #479378 | Report this post

Big Ads of Perth  
Years ago

What are we waiting for, lets get this thing happening, Boomers join the NBA, along with all the other nations of the world that have a top 10 ranking.

It can be just like....... oh wait, we already have a competition like this, its called the World Cup. Thank god the number of teams from the U.S. is capped at one.

Being serious, an NBA equivalent of a Nation of Origin game instead of an All-Star game may be a reality within the next decade.

(2)

Reply #479381 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Weaknesses: Level of competition is the biggest knock against Exum. He has not proven himsrelf against a high enough level of competition to make anyone feel completely comfortable drafting him in the top 5 ... Some of his best performances have come in games (Under 19 World Championships) where he appeared to be one of the most physically advanced players ... Playing for the Australian National Team, he was given free reign to create offense for himself. Can he be as succesful without being given the same level of freedom? ... Exum has played off the ball a lot, and he doesn't appear ready to be a true point guard ... His handle is loose at times - has the ball poked away too often and occasionally fumbles when changing hands or directions … Not an exceptional facilitator – makes too many ill-advised passes … Inconsistent outside shot – does not always get enough elevation and has a low release point, especially when his feet are set (catch-and-shoot) … Trajectory on his shot appears flat at times ... Settles for long-distance threes too often … Not vertically explosive and struggles to finish with authority. For a player who thrives off of beating defenders off the dribble, his lack of ability to explode and finish with the best of them is concerning … Tends to drive to the left and shoot with his right … Struggles at the free-throw line, shooting around 65% in International competitions ... Can he develop his body and become a tough player capable of finishing with contact? 

Reply #479383 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Looks like Exum has attracted his own personal hate club like Patty Mills. For me he is just unproven but at this stage you would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reply #479386 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

The last two times we gambled on top young prospects in the Boomers team:

2004: Bogut went 14ppg (2nd behind Heal) and 9rpg (led the team) in Athens as a 19 year-old.

2008: As a 19 year-old, Mills led the Beijing team team in scoring with 14ppg at 52% from the field.

While it can be argued that the Boomers were weak at centre in 2004 (only Rogers), and weak at PG in 2008, the fact is that these two guys not only filled their role on the team, they starred. Neither had proved themselves at a senior level prior to their selection on the team.

Exum certainly has many question marks over him. Some chatter here that Exum would be lucky to make this year's world cup team, while Exum is also earmarked by most as a lottery pick. If he truly is the talent that so many see that he is, how could we not give him a go on this team? Perhaps, just like Mills and Bogut, his play will demand minutes and he might even stand out.

Reply #479412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754