two oclock
Years ago

Vicki Kelson

Can anyone tell me why Vicki Kelson has not pursued playing with lightning/fellas? I saw her play a few weeks ago and damn that girl can play. looking at stats, she is one of the best players in the ABL. I think she had a stint with the lightning a few years back, but since has been content to shine at ABL level only. any clues as to why?

Topic #3471 | Report this topic

Big fish >>>Small pond

rather than a

Small Fish >>>> big pond

its all about ego

Reply #40110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Lightning/Fellas coach is only interested in young talent. Obviously not interested in experienced players!

Reply #40119 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Newton your a tool, ever considered that some girls may want to have a life and earn more than 20 k a year and not have to train six days a week??

Reply #40121 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So Newton, are you saying the same thing then about Jason Dix???

Reply #40122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Lloyd. Vikki Kelson is a great player. She is this year in the running for her(correct me if I'm wrong) 4th Halls medal?. She obviously still enjoys the game, thats why she plays, but obviously wants a life as well. I have no doubts that if she wanted to be in the team she would.

Reply #40123 | Report this post

Did Miss Keelson go to university and become a professional away from the game? Maybe that's why Jason Dix didn't play NBL he had other ambitions.

Can the same be said about Vicky Keelson? I doubt it.

Reply #40124 | Report this post

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Vicky Keelson walk out (retired mid season) on the lighting due to stress and the inability to compete at that level? 4 or 5 years ago.

Reply #40125 | Report this post

neil godwin  
Years ago

i heard she said she would only play if a certain west player was in the team so she could enjoy herself both on and off the court. hit the showers! woo hoo!

Reply #40130 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That's the stupidest comment I have heard!
Unless your quite good friends with Vicki how the hell would you know what her ambitions are?
What does University have to do with it??? Can't anyone be a "professional" (as you put it) unless you've got a degree???
What a naive comment.
And reasons for leaving, again, what the hell would you know? There has been quite a few players who have decided to either quit at that level or change teams due to the previous coaches style and techniques. That is Vicki's choice and no one else's so don't sit back on your little high horse and try and knock someone down for a personal decision they have made, whatever their reasons.

Reply #40131 | Report this post

neil godwin  
Years ago

yeah im sticking with my reason, what do you reckon lloyd?

Reply #40135 | Report this post

Unless my initial comments have some substance to them why are you getting so uppity about a few throw away lines?

Being a professional was in reference to Jason Dix not playing NBL he decided to dedicate his time to study and working rather than sport.

If you took umbrage over them fine, I apologize and if that's not good enough for you then that something you have to deal with, but I stand by them and suggest that she isn't good enough to make any impact in the WNBL; if she did why didn't she in the first place.

Big fish >>>>>Small Pond.

Reply #40136 | Report this post

my thought  
Years ago

Vikki not playing Lightning, like Panther said, was a personal decision so who are you people to sit behind your computers and judge and be negative in regards to their reasons (and by the sounds of it none of you actually know any real facts behind her reasons anyway).
As far as Vikki as a player, like mentioned above, as can be seen by her stats shes an exceptional player, a born leader and very, very talented.. and I can tell you right now, compare her to ex-lightning players such as Tania Dhu, Narelle Lindsay etc ... ex-Lightning players who dont have the same impact on ABL as Vikki does..
GET A LIFE PEOPLE!

Reply #40137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think players peak in their late 20s not sure how old vikki is, but would say she may not have got given the opportunity in the WNBL cant do much sitting on the bench, im sure if she played now, she would be carving it up.

Reply #40138 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

"...so who are you people to sit behind your computers and judge and be negative in regards to their reasons (and by the sounds of it none of you actually know any real facts behind her reasons anyway)..."

Simple facts are that in an internet forum, posters are allowed to voice their opinions and feelings about any issue, provided it doesn't contravene the rules of the forum, so ppl's comments about Kelson are quite valid.

My thought - you need to accept that yours aren't teh only thoughts to be shared, otherwise whats the point of the forum???

Reply #40157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shes awesome i hooked up with her one night in the city @ the Directors

Reply #40163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that WNBL is a bit over rated. Why train up to 6 times a week, no money involved when you can work and actually enjoy a life while also playing ABA and have some fun

Reply #40191 | Report this post

PJ  
Years ago

Having known Vikki better than any of you I can tell you that her reason for leaving Lightning had nothing to do with some of the above stupid comments, especially about "some West chick" - you must be on something mate to say that.
If she had more of an opportunity at Lightning she might still be there. She chooses not to be there & doesnt just play basketball!

Reply #44356 | Report this post

bel24  
Years ago

isnt it because she's a superficial, lying cheater and has a big chin?

Reply #334827 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

wow, i just was flicking through and seen the above comment. Im not sure who you are, but clearly you do not know vicki! She is one of the nicest people i have met and very far from superficial! Get a life!

Reply #343354 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

I agree with you anon I've known vicki since she came from country Victoria and played for centrals she's one of the nicest persons in basketball.

Reply #343360 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yes she is j!! Hard to come by these days..

Reply #343362 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

I really hope she recruits a few good ballers as im sure she will as she's a very shrewd coach

Reply #343377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J grow up

Reply #343408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she has a lost of player for aba why

Reply #343423 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

she is indeed a shrewd coach who can see what others cannot! remember this is only her second year coming and she has already done wonders with this group, amongst a club that is or was going downhill and has been for some years now!
Best thing they could have done was hire Vicki as things needed to change!! she cares about the matter at hand and not everything around her, unlike others!! I know, as I am someone who has loved and been with the club for years!

Reply #343557 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

shrewd in a good way indeed and what she lacks in experience she makes up in heart! Not to mention, just a great person who believes in honesty, once again, unlike others!
Good luck vicky!!

Reply #343573 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

ha, the above has clearly no idea what they are talking about, and in some way has a grudge! I deal with vik on a weekly basis and she hasnt got time to be doing anything but basketball!! And I know for a fact that she is extremely happy and content with her partner.
Maybe lets stick to what this thread is about, basketball, and stop putting your personal to bobs worth in, as you clearly need to get a life!!

Reply #346582 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i suggest the person who is making these false acusations, stop it! go bother someone else with your lies! Im sure you have a list to go off..

Reply #346588 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i see someone has deleted their post. Smart move. That rubbish is not welcome!

Reply #346631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754