Anonymous
Years ago

Trades For Love

So apparebtly there's some trades out there for Love who the Wolves will trade by deadline in February. Which would you take?

Nuggets - Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried and no 11 pick
Bulls - Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson
Warriors - David Lee, Klay Thompson and first round draft pick.

The deal with Golden State would include Kevin Martin, JJ Barea and 13th pick.

You'd think the Lakers chance is to give up the no 7 pick but not sure they will.

Topic #34712 | Report this topic

Curtley  
Years ago

I know these guys are on big money but if you had the opportunity to leave Minnesota when the team isn't winning you'd go.

Reply #479567 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think its between the Warriors and Celtics. I don't think the Bulls are offering enough and there is no way Love is going to accept the Nuggets as a destination.

So its coming down to Minnesota getting established players to help it compete now, or draft picks and young players to set themselves up longer term.

I'm hoping they pick the latter and Love comes to Boston, but I think the Wolves want to have a decent product to put on the floor next season and will go for the Warriors offer.

I think the fact that Minnesota is still hurting from trading its last star forward to Boston is a factor as well.

The next question then, is whether GSW are giving up too much for Love if they trade Lee, Barnes, Thompson and next years pick for him?

I'm a bit worried they are. While Love is a great player, he isn't a great low post scorer like Lee. In giving up Lee, Klay and Barnes, the Warriors are basically leaving themselves with no real inside scoring. Klay was especially starting to show how effective his size can be in posting up smaller Western Conference guards like Paul, Crawford, etc in the Clippers series.

Its a really tough call either way though. Lee seems like injuries may be starting to catch up with him, whereas Love is similar in age to Curry, so they will be able to grow together as the core of a contender for the next 7-8 years.

I think I've just talked myself into the trade again! If I'm the Warriors I do it, but definitely with reservations.

Reply #479618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the warrios would be crazy to do that trade. klay is only just starting to develop. why not let the youngsters develop together and build your own big 3 like the spurs.

love, pek and rubio didnt get it done last season so why would curry, love and bogut be any better.

Reply #479631 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

It'd be better if they could keep Thompson out of the trade, but the main reason to do it is to bring in a top 5 power forward who is still approaching his prime, rather than worry about whether David Lee's body is going to hold up again next season.

Reply #479633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man I'd trade anything for love. Anything....I just want love....why can't I get love :(

Reply #479647 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Atleast we aren't hearing of him being traded to Mismi.

I love Love and hope whoever he goes to can keep him happy

Reply #479650 | Report this post

I'd love to see K-Love in Celtic green, but am not sure if they should necessarily go after him because of the fact that if they really want to give up around 3 draft picks and all their young talent, they've got to make sure that they can compete for a championship and not end up in no-man's-land. They need to find out if they can recruit a 3rd star to their team (like maybe a Melo but I highly doubt it). I think that instead of going after Love they should stick to their draft picks and young talent and hope to draft their next superstar. In fact this years draft could be amazing for the Celtics, with recent news that Joel Embiid has a broken foot and could fall down to spot No.6 to the C's!

If I were Minny I would immediately trade him to the Warriors as it makes perfect sense for both teams. Love wants warm weather and to be in the playoffs (he gets both), GSW get a chance to win now (after they have made all the moves necessary to have a chance to win) and Minnesota gets building blocks and 1 or 2 draft picks for the future!

Reply #479651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We all know Love and Westbrook are going to LA in 2015

Whoever gets Love is just renting him till he bolts next Summer in free agency.

Reply #479663 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Flip needs to pull the trigger on Thompson, Barnes and pick/s for Love, Martin and JJ

The Celtics have plenty of picks to offer, but I would take the rising stars in Thompson and Barnes.

Reply #479665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754