The Journo
Years ago

Perth WNBL Team

After doing some research into the up and coming WNBL season, it states that Perth has a new coach and has yet to sign any players yet.

There is some fair talent out there in the market too.

I assume that Perth have some money and could afford an import or 2 or maybe lure an Opal back before the Commonwealth Games? Someone like Batkovic or Taylor perhaps?

There is some quality WNBL players without a gig at the moment and I'd like to be the Perth GM at present.

PLayers including Mencel, Lamshed, Ranford, Hoare, Lindsay?

Even those these players arent household names or will set the WNBL on fire, as a team, it is a good mix.

Given that Perth hasnt been successful will make convincing such players hard, but it's an opportunity I think for players, Perth and the WNBL to have a competitive team in the West.

Topic #3472 | Report this topic

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

How about Deanna Smith, you could add her to your list of available players.

I don't think she has signed anywhere and is playing for Nunawading in the SEABL at the moment.

Reply #40111 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Whos the coach?

Reply #40116 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

I don't think Perth have any money to splash around. Word is that even Shelley Hammonds was playing over there for peannuts...

As the old saying goes;
Pay peanuts, and you get monkey's.

The Perth coach was in Adelaide recently scouting some talent, how successful that was is yet to be seen.

Reply #40127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach is Paul O'Brian. Assistant Nunawading Spectres SEABL team at present

Reply #40142 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Well that might even add more to Deanna moving to Perth, maybe with her buddy Tammy Hoare, who I notice has been cut by Sydney as well.

Reply #40143 | Report this post

where  
Years ago

D.Smith back to London to play and live with new beau

Reply #40172 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

batkovic and taylor will be in europe

Reply #40214 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

mencel would not stay at AIS due to commitments / needs here in adel - hardly see her going to perth

Reply #40216 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Are all the players training with Adelaide actually signed for the coming season? Or they only triaing at the moment.
From something I heard tonight, they may not all be signed to contracts and could be looking West!

Reply #40231 | Report this post

Rachel  
Years ago

I'm resurrecting a very old thread...! but ... Tammy Hoare *was* cut by Sydney or no...? I thought she was moving to Melb. for work...!?!

Reply #60845 | Report this post

Breaking News:

American Lisa Leslie is set to sign for Perth for the remainder of the season and could be in uniform as early as December 17.

Reply #60917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mencel's hairdresser wouldn't move so thats why she has to stay here

Reply #60943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mencel wasn't kidding with coming back to concentrate on her year 12!!! well done!!

Reply #62571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754