Kracka_Bballin
Years ago

Big Red takes up option for 2014/15 season

Nice to see the fella sign on again, not much chance of him leaving though I guess. Hopefully the body can hold up and he can keep providing that solid back up role inside.

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/article/id/1h6fh3mq3uzxr18zsmnxymrcqg

Topic #34767 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

I hope we have something special lined up for marquee..

Reply #480465 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

I was hoping he would decline his option and get a cheaper long term deal instead.

Reply #480466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marquee wont happen unless a sponsor puts up a heap of cash for it.

Reply #480467 | Report this post

Kracka_Bballin  
Years ago

^I was kinda hopin the same thing, but at least we have consistent core group.

As far as marquee's and imports, I guess a lot hinges on whether DJ plays out the last year of his contract or takes advantage of his Euro out clause.

Id like to see DJ come back and Jingles as marquee.

Reply #480469 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

Yea was hoping he would do the longer cheaper deal aswell, but obviously he has taken the bigger money for 1 year and i guess he will have to see what he can get after that.

Re Ingles that would be awesome, he did hint at interest in NBL in article on Botys blog, but i doubt he would be affordable, isnt he on close to $1 mil in europe?? how much would he drop down to to play NBL id assume atleast $200-300k.

What could the 36ers scrape together if DJ doesnt return, would we have around $200k??

Id say the most probably option is

DJ and cheap import or

Stud/more expensive import and mid range/cheap Aussie.

Anything involving Ingles would be amazing for any NBL team if they could pull it off, but i dont want any club going broke for him, he would be awesome player but would he really double a clubs crowds/memberships/sponsorships which would be needed to compete with his Euro salary, i doubt it.

But hey if Ingles is welcome to come at a price range for a NBL club (hopefully 36ers) than that would be amazing!

Reply #480470 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Always taking the option! Gets paid good coin for a avg role player

Reply #480473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ingles no chance. Even Newley would be asking way more than the club could justify, AND taking a massive paycut to come home.

Reply #480475 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Yeah don't see Ingles coming to 36ers either. Was encouraging though that he said he wants to play for the Sixers at some stage. Sure, it will be at the end of his career but I'll still take it.

Reply #480478 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, can't begrudge those two for staying overseas in their prime, and I think NBL clubs could get a very good import for that sort of money anyway.

Reply #480482 | Report this post

Kracka_Bballin  
Years ago

With a limited career time of course they'll stay where the money is best, I can dream tho...Jingles and Newley on the 36ers together...ahhhhh...time to wake up and change hands.

It ll be a great day when the NBL is strong enough with enough consistent revenue from multiple streams, (membership, merch, tv and sponsors)that teams will be able to take true advantage of the marquee player rule and get some of our top Aussie talent back in the league, along with top tier imports.

Im a little concerned that with the marquee rule coming in that, instead of bringing better imports and players into the league. It will just help the Beals, DJs, Cedricks etc of the league demand more money. Time will tell.

Im getting really impatient with waitin to hear more announcements for 36er signings, although i understand waitin for DJs decision and for joeys trip to US is why we are waiting. We have our core, need to add some powerful scoring threats to this line up to be a contender again.

Already paid up member though, sitting back infront of you Issac if you have the same seats...spoke to you last season, told you id start posting.

Reply #480486 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Channel ten saying Luke has signed a 2 year deal which means a restructure. Hopefully that means more cash to spend this season.

Reply #480488 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

This is great news for the Sixers.

Luke is worth the option money and will bring stability back to the front line.

Reply #480541 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

with dj going, luke schenscher would be pretty handy to have

Reply #480583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754