Isaac
Years ago

Wade, Bosh, Haslem opt out, LeBron seeks max

So, all returning after a restructure then?

Topic #34779 | Report this topic

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Wade opting out is a strange one, giving up 2 years $42 miliion. I would think his value has dropped well below that with any new deal. Maybe working a Duncan like loyalty deal with Heat to keep LeBron and win more Chips?

Reply #480690 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Smart move by them, not hamstringing their team like some mid 30s guys who gobble up half of their teams' salary caps.

Reply #480691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe!

Reply #480696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think LeBron will sign for less than he was previously on. He knows they need more help and the only way to do that was if The Big 3 all opted out and re-signed for less.

Reply #480726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um Lebron wants max so would be around $26m wouldn't it?

That's more than Kobe!

Reply #480778 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I don't understand Lebron.

Opts out and is pressuring the Heat into getting some help.

Yet he wants a max deal.

A max deal would be 5 years/$130m.

Let me put that into perspective. Over the five year period, Lebron would essentially take up 2 years worth of cap space. Its scary when you think of it like that.

Reply #480800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair to lebron bosh and wade are only worth 10mil a season not 20. Amazing these guys are opting for a pay cut for greater good of the team. Respect if they do and decide to stay

Reply #480802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anyone in the league should be getting max it is Lebron.

Reply #480803 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

I highly doubt Lebron is pushing for the max. Broussard reported a report that someone who knew someone told someone who told him..... It makes no sense for LBJ to be pushing for a max $$.
Broussard is a Russian roulette jounro, for every story he gets right he gets 10000 wrong.

Given that he's never been in the top 5 earners in the NBA I doubt he's going to start pushing that now - especially considering 1) how much $$ he makes off the court 2) how much he wants to win another ring and he knows they need to get fresher bodies to do that.

Reply #480814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh it's Broussard then disregard it completely!

Reply #480819 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Expect Wade to take the Duncan option...same with Bosh.

LBJ won't take the max either and they'll have plenty of spare change to chase Gortat & solid rotation players to fill the bench.

Reply #480828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754