Luke
Years ago

Sam Young coming back to the NBL?

Does anybody know or think Sam Young will return to the NBL even if it's not for the Kings?

Topic #34848 | Report this topic

Tom  
Years ago

Sydney are in talks with him

Reply #482091 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Looks like his been doing pretty well in Puerto Rico. Wouldn't be a loss for the NBL to see him back. Yes he was a bit disappointing but some of his dunks were sensational and that is the sort of thing that puts bums on seats!!

Reply #482100 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

21ppg and 7rpg isn't disappointing

Reply #482104 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

1000 times better and more exciting than Jamar Wilson

Reply #482106 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

21ppg and 7rpg isn't disappointing
His attitude and team-play were disappointing and that tends to help you win games. I wouldn't sign him.

Reply #482117 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

His attitude and team-play were disappointing and that tends to help you win games. I wouldn't sign him.

I couldn't agree more... His ability to dominate was shown very rarely, not even a fifth of the time that we saw him sullen, disinterested and toxic to team chemistry... Not as advertised defensively (if you look at the highlight clip of Goulding v Kings, it's mainly him trying to defend against him) and forced things unnecessarily at the other end...

He's probably flourishing in PR because he's most likely been given free rein to do whatever he wants...

On top of that, once he got here, the Kings barely made any use of him promotionally other than the occasional image of him on social media... Whether that was because they thought it was enough, or that he wasn't interested in helping promote the team I have no idea, but I doubt the crowds increased by much, if at all, because of him...

Reply #482124 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Goodness gracious, the guy is a champ. Not great for teams that are after chemistry but we'll certainly take him at Cairns. Fearne has already f---ed the season just by being there so whad'ya know...two wrongs may just make a right. I believe that's how the saying goes.

Reply #482126 | Report this post

djmojofosho  
Years ago

I would like to see Sam Young return to the Kings.

Reply #482141 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

You're obviously not a Kings fan, djmojofosho? lol...

Statsheet Stuffer: there's no doubting that he CAN do well, but the negatives outweigh the positives... you're welcome to him ;)

On a sidenote, I saw that he instagramed that he's playing for New Orleans Pelicans in SL I guess?

Reply #482148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam young was not the problem. would not have lastes so long in the nba if he was. the issue was the team dynamics and leadership. put him in anoher team different story...

Reply #482155 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

ok, I'm bored, so I'll bite...

Anon, did you see any other players have to try to be convinced to come into team huddles? There was no other player on that team that chucked up unnecessary shots like he did, but since he had a handful of great dunks, a lot of people forget or don't notice the bad things...

I'm not saying the team was all hunky dory, there was a lot of stuff going on off court, it was obvious there was something going on, but most other players played through that... Tommy had a year that had him in contention for 6th man of the year, Madge had to work through injury and while he didn't have as good a year as previous, still worked hard, hell, Sanders, who had the most to be negative about, came back, worked his arse off and made a difference in games... Charles Carmouche, despite people bagging him out and saying that he was the one that should have left, that he wasn't performing up to scratch, was still one of the most personable players with fans after the games, always had a smile even after a shit game... These are examples of good attitudes, something that Young doesn't have... He was sullen on the court and that was a huge problem with team dynamic... You've got players with a portion of his skills working ten times as hard...

would not have lastes so long in the nba if he was

I don't call nearly 250 games over four seasons lasting overly long... He was a small role playing fish in a very large pond over there... A different type of person with his skill set would blow the NBL up, but he didn't...

Reply #482176 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

250 games in the NBL would be getting close to 10 seasons :p

Reply #482210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People are clearly bored. Another ridiculous rumour that has no credence at all. It's exactly like the Gary Ervin nonsense.

The Kings want nothing to do with Sam Young. Period. End of story.

Reply #482264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754