Fletch
Years ago

Day 1: 2 Aussies start in NBA summer league

Mathew Dellavedova had a decent game running the point for the cleveland cavaliers. Scoring 13 points with 6 assists and 9 rebounds, Anthony Bennet finished with 15 and Andrew Wiggins dominated with 18.
Chris Goulding had a surprising starting role with the Dallas Mavericks but couldn't capitalize finishing with only 6 points, 2 from 7 from the 3 point line.

Lets hope Goulding can get into rhythm and show what he can do with the minutes their giving him.
And Delly should continue his hot form, he belongs on an NBA roster.
Hopefully Cameron Bairstow and Dante Exum have some decent games tomorrow as well.
Aron Baynes was not on the roster for the San Antonio Spurs

http://www.nba.com/games/20140711/CLEMIL/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:specials

Topic #34874 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

Goulding will make shots given the opportunity.. if they put him as a starter he must have impressed in trainings. I think he might have a break out game and do his contract chances no harm.

Reply #482602 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Delly was more than decent in today's game! Really ran the show for the Cavs. He got Wiggins and Bennett the ball where they needed it, hustled for every loose ball, made some nice floaters in the lane and basically blocked the Greek Freak on the break (though it was called a foul)!

That kind of play is going to turn him into a LeBron favourite before the end of training camp!

Reply #482623 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

^ Like

Reply #482645 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Baynes is in Aus running clinics, showing off the NBA trophy, etc. http://www.taipans.com/article/id/1pyeftbl4nmux1xhl6z6jwcdzl

Reply #482661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not a delly hater but he shot 3-11 and had 6 turnovers. That's far from a great game....

Reply #482664 | Report this post

Fletch  
Years ago

Yeah that's why i said decent. But with those assists and rebounds it was a good game.

Reply #482673 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Delly controlled the game for the Cavs. He looked fitter than I have seen him and played more than 30 minutes in heat without dropping off his intensity. Half those turnovers were on attempted alley oops for some of the rookies. This is not something that is going to happen in a game during the season. Shooting could have been better but Delly brings so much more. Reading through some of the Cavs forums the fans loved the way he played and think he should be the No.1 backup point guard for the team.

Reply #482715 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754