Anonymous
Years ago

Pau Gasol to Bulls?

It appears to be done just waiting on paperwork

Lakers sign and trade gasol to the bulls for boozer and another asset. This other asset is yet to be disclosed but could be intersting.

Also Vince Carter to Grizzlies for approx $12m over 3 years.

Topic #34875 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure if this is now old info, but:

Pau Gasol could find his way to Chicago, but it's unlikely to be in a sign-and-trade for Carlos Boozer, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Reply #482603 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

He's been treated poorly by LA management. I hope wherever he goes the Lakers receive minimal compensation and he ends up winning a championship.

Reply #482605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So does sign and trade still open door for melo to come across ? If so look pretty good

G - Rose
G - Butler
F - Melo
F - Gasol
C - Noah

Don't get too carried away with cavs if that's the case

I know lakers fans won't be impressed getting boozer but they get another piece/s that we are unsure of (surely not Butler or Gibson). Also boozer has an expiring contract which still leaves lakers with money after this summer. Plus they've put together a better team than last season.

Reply #482607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How funny is it that Mike Miller came out and said I want to stay at Memphis let's make a deal. Since Lebron confirmed cleveland, millers told memphis sorry you're moving in a different direction.

Needless to say the deal with Miller and the Cavs is nearly finalised!

Reply #482608 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Also, Wade wants to go to the Bulls.

Hopefully the Bulls management don't entertain that idea. I wouldn't be going anywhere near Wade.

Gasol is a great addition to a Bulls team which are in desperate need of offense. They could be scary next year if they can add offensive pieces whilst still maintaning that defensive prowess.

Also cant forget the depth that the Bulls have. Dunleavy, Hinrich, Gibson, Augustine, Fredette, McDermott

Reply #482615 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If im the Bulls i wouldnt go for Wade either, im a Wade fan, but he has been injured alot lately, struggles to get through the full season, Rose is also possibly like that you cant have both your main guards and 2 large salary spots, missing large chunks of games through injury.

Id be happy for the Bulls to amnisty Boozer, sign Gasol for around the $10M space that creates and then bring Miritic in.

A line up of

Noah/Mohammed
Gasol/Miritic/Gibson
Dunleavy/McDermott
Butler/Smell
Rose/Augustine/Hinrich

is really good imo

Would rival both and the hope would be Rose gets through the season at atleast 70% of his old self, MCDermott and Miritic play well and push for a starting spot if not win one.

if they are going to do a sign and trade, id rather offer the Knicks Boozer, Dunleavy, Hinrich and draft picks for Melo than lose any assets for Gasol

Id almost rather keep Boozer, not sign Gasol and bring Miritic in and keep the group together from last season, than give up much for Gasol, be interesting to see what happens.

Im a Gasol fan, just not sure he is worth giving too much up for to get, is he that much better than Boozer and Miritic, we are pretty deep at PF and C already imo.

Reply #482616 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If the trade is just Boozer + draft picks then im all for it, but dont give up much more than that.

Reply #482617 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I'm a Bulls fan and can confidently say....we won't win a Championship with Dunleavy and McDermott as our SF's.

Bulls need to pick up another SG or SF and Butler can play the position they can't fill the best.

Gasol is an interesting piece and a nice partner for Noah. If the Bulls were able to trade Boozer rather than amnesty they may be willing to pay extra (luxury) to get Melo as well...watch this space I reckon?!

I'm with everyone else on Wade...a fork was stuck in him at least a year ago. Bulls don't need to go there...they can do better.

Reply #482620 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Adding Gasol and Melo would be amazing,

What would they have to give up though??

Could they do it and still end up with atleast this

Noah/??Mohammed and/or Elton Brand
Gasol/Miritc
Anthony/??C.Butler
Butler/Snell
Rose/??Nelson and/or Hinrich

If so that would be awesome,

Reply #482622 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Wojnarowski latest is that Gasol to Bulls will be a straight signing, not sign and trade.

To get Melo, they would pretty much have to work a sign and trade, sending Boozer and other assets to the Knicks. Can't really see the Knicks doing that, just to maybe get McDermott or Butler and a couple of 20-something draft picks.

I think Melo takes the max and hopes Jackson can retool the roster within two years.

Reply #482632 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If its the choice between losing Melo for nothing or doing a sign and trade with the Bulls do you think the knicks do it??

Or do they play hard ball and say we are not doing it, either stay and make your money or go to the Bulls for less, as a tactic to keep him??

Reply #482635 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

If Gasol is a pure sign then to get Anthony as well they would have to amnesty Boozer and/or package Boozer with Dunleavy and a few others such as Mirotic, Snell, McDermott...?

Bulls have some trades lined up if Melo decides he wants to be a Bull, that wont be the issue apparently.

Reply #482639 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Melo is going back to the Knicks.

Reply #482640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well this sucks for Bairstow

Reply #482654 | Report this post

jimmy needles  
Years ago

I love Taj Gibson to death but with a stacked front court (Gibson/Gasol/Mirotic/Noah) I wouldn't be against trading him for a great wing piece. As it stands that is where the hole in the roster is as you can't gamble everything on McDermott.

Reply #482655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wanted him to go to the Spurs but this is still cool. They'll be a lot stronger now. If Rose stays healthy they'll be a in interesting team.

Reply #482663 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

If Rose stays injury free (and that's a big if', then it's difficult to imagine anyone challenging this Bulls team in the East.

Reply #482720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cleveland?

Reply #482723 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754