jonno
Years ago

Deng signs with the Heat, 2 years $20 Mil

Great signing by the Heat.

I found it interesting they got him that cheap, i though Deng turned down a 4 year $40 Mil contract with the Bulls last year, i expected him to demand more than $10 mil per season.

Topic #34887 | Report this topic

pwned  
Years ago

He has opportunity to opt our next season for what will be a stronger market for him. If not, the next CBA is supposedly going to be more player friendly, so he will be able to sign a long term deal to play out the rest of his prime.

Reply #482778 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Nice work by the heat...with the pieces they have it keeps them in the east playoff picture.

Bosh, Wade, Haslem, Deng, McRoberts, Cole, Napier, Chamblers, Ennis, Granger.

A little more rim protection would be nice but i can see a solid play-off team in the east.
Look out free agency in 2016!

Reply #482779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

seems a bit injury prone to me. they are relying on wade, deng, granger and mcbob to play 70ish games each. take those 3 out and its a bit thin.

Reply #482780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beazley?

Reply #482781 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

6th in the East at best. First round playoff defeat.

Reply #482799 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

If they stay injury free and get bosh back to avg 24 & 10 they will still be a solid team out East.

The east will be very weak this year.

Theses teams are a lock for play-offs:
Pacers,Cavs,Chicago,Toronto,Wizards,Atlanta

These teams are Average or Terible

Heat - Solid shold be looking at 10thto 8th
New york - Avg
Pistons - Terrible
Brooklyn - 10th to 8th (Lopez the unknown)
Bucks - Terrible
76er's - Tanking 2.0
Magic - Young team but will struggle
Celtics - Looking for trades/assets...Tanking
Charlotte - Weaker with McRoberts might scrap into playoffs

Reply #482804 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see how they go

, if they add Deng, Granger, McRoberts and keep basically everyone bar LeBron and Allen from last year they are still solid enough to be a good playoff team.

If they change the game style a bit and Bosh has a really good season, Deng fits in well, the chemistry clicks and most of there guys stay fairly healthy they could surprise a few i reckon.

Wouldnt tip winning the east, but wouldnt be that surprised if they were top 4 in the East if things go well.

Reply #482806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chicago
Indiana
Cleveland
Washington
Toronto
Atlanta
Miami
Charlotte

No particular order, that's my 8 unless a major trade occurs

Reply #482815 | Report this post

Geoff  
Years ago

I feel for Deng, he'll cop it from the Miami Fanboi crew for not being LeBron

As much as you can feel for someone who'll earn $20mil in the next 2 years.

Reply #482819 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Geoff, the Miami Fanboi crew are LeBron fans and they'll be in Cleveland. I doubt they would even care about Deng or Miami.

Reply #482862 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

I would love to see the Heat extend an offer to Monroe. I haven't heard much about him this off season.

Do the pistons know what they are going to do with him?

Reply #482871 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

Good signing for the team
this off season has alot of movers and shakers and downright overpayed greedy players

Reply #482991 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@The Dream - Your only worth what someone is willing to pay...so if Parsons & co are getting these offers that is there market price.

I think a few teams are looking at the new CBA in 2 years time and planning around that when maybe a few of these deals don't look like bad business.

Esp if the cap rises by an extra $10mil to $15mil per season

Reply #482999 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754