Anon
Years ago

Under 16 Girls Vic Metro Disappointing?

Read a few things about this, I didn't see any of the games but ask those who did.

Was it they just weren't good enough, or was it, as has been suggested, just bad coaching and/or poor behaviour from the coach?

From what I hear, his behaviour was unacceptable, particularly after the loss to SA. Not wanting to start anything other than get the truth from those who were there.

Topic #34897 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Not wanting to start anything" suuuure... Why dont you ask the people who were there like boefre?

Reply #482952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They only lost one game for goodness sake and it was in overtime, so they could have just as easily have been in finals.

Reply #482998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Vic Metro girls actually lost their last 2 games but you are right its not really a big deal.

Give some credit to teams that beat them and the fact they implemented and carried out a gameplan to do.

The coaching behaviour if true is a separate issue.

Reply #483006 | Report this post

Disappointing  
Years ago

I think you will find that both Vic Metro coaches performance was average. Teams were under prepared and coaches demonstrated their inexperience under pressure. Questions need to be asked of Basketball Victoria's appointment process and the experienced required to qualify for head coach of a Victorian team. Strange that there are three state coaches coming from the same Club......

Regardless, both SA Metro and NSW Country played well and thoroughly deserved their title wins.

Reply #483017 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

#252, no conspiracy here, the two people I spoke with only talked about the coach, not about the games, hence the question.

#998, the lost two games both by 3.

All credit to the teams that beat them, just a question about the team and how they played.

And no I don't have a daughter who tried out or missed out.

Reply #483020 | Report this post

the tonight show  
Years ago

give them a break they are not going to win it all the time 15 yrs straight is a pretty good effort

Reply #483049 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

#3017 I disagree about both coaches. I think the girls coach certainly showed his inexperience under pressure but the boys coach, I thought, did a good job given his best player was out. As well as the boys had a very well respected coach in Scott Christiensen on his bench. The girls coach probably should have done the same thing.

It seems all of this has started over an incident with the girls coach. Unless someone explains what happened, then it's time to move on. All this talk sours the win for nswc and SAM

Reply #483052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jai's behaviour was impeccable at all times, this is just nonsense.

The team's performance however was extremely disappointing.

Reply #483056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the coach selection process in vic is right now very questionable. There is a strong sense that one club in particular seems to have more power than they deserve. They are certainly not worthy of the status they appear to have been given. The jobs for mates mentality has hijacked the process. BV has also been hijacked by the same people/club with almost all one clubs Big V players being given camp jobs over the past 3 weeks. This level of influence plus the perception of power is extremely unhealthy for basketball in Victoria.

Reply #483125 | Report this post

Kevin  
Years ago

Anonymous ^ What is the current coach selection process in Vic?

Reply #483141 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

#3125, In your opinion, what do you think people should have to do to make them eligible for a State head coach position?

Reply #483142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You go to an interview, that's all. You make a presentation based on some relevant points which BV advise you of when they make the interview time. In some cases there might be a second interview but usually its just the one.
As for what the requirements are or should be, I think for a start you must have recently coached the age group your applying for. I am happy to be corrected but I don't think Jai coached U16 girls for a long time if at all. I think that showed in his handling of the pressures and situations over the week.

Reply #483149 | Report this post

Kevin  
Years ago

#149 So if the selection is based on an interview, were there many other coaches that applied for the positions to your knowledge?

Reply #483151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Vic girls struggled against the zone..had no answer for it. the game and clock management could have been a little bit better but the shots wouldn't fall and SA did a great job with second chance points. All I witnessed with the coaches behavior was his obvious disdain for the SA coach for not coming to shake his hand straight after the win as her players and coaches were mauling her after the upset win. He was obviously frustrated and showed poor judgement in his action. SA just out coached them.

Reply #483152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jobs for the boys in BV....surely not !! Lol

Country Vic have also been very guilty of this over the past couple of seasons, no reflection on their head coach but more so management people who know very little about the game.

Reply #483154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 483125
"This level of influence plus the perception of power is extremely unhealthy for basketball in Victoria."
I assume you are referring to the Metro program as apposed to the whole state?

Reply #483156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might just be my perception but Basketball in Australia in particular at junior level seems to be increasingly rudderless. BA appears to have had its funding decimated, cutting Auscamps and training camps for national teams. Clawing back cost wherever they can. This appears to be impacting right down to the state run programs. Recent governance review in Tas implemented at request of BA (I presume) appears to have led to a more cost recovery self funded model. The only visible result is vastly increased numbers of 10 to 13year olds paying to get in at the bottom and what appears to be a non existent high performance program for those at the top.

Reply #483160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There would have been at least 6 plus coaches go for the role. Again the perception of jobs for mates and the closed shop mentality certainly does keep a lot of better coaches from applying.
The fact that we seem to be so ANTI ZONE and were beaten by a team that played zone seems very ironic. We have no zone in U12's, no zone in u14 club nationals yet when we come up against it in 16's or above we bitch about it. This whole anti zone thing is a joke and a over reaction.
As for the last post (3156) yes its metro. But BV has taken over much more control of the country admin too. For instance All the state coaches were chosen by the same panel out of BV.

Reply #483161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sa has no zone in all u14 and below grades. Didn't seem to hurt them.

Reply #483165 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Yes and beaten by a state that also has a no zone rule...well done genius. Not sure if you're aware but it's not Vic Metro who impose the rules on 14 clubs.

You are clearly uneducated as there were not 6 applicants for the 16 girls. Until you have the answers, stop making up rubbish.

Reply #483166 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anon #483160 the biggest hurdles our national based state programs and elite pathways have are funding, expertise and courts.

Yes, we have plenty of kids who are vying for that spot on an academy based program or the NITP etc... But every state has issues with finding enough coaches of the standard expected and required.

Distance is a problem in the country and sometimes just finding a court to train on every week is very difficult, especially a court situated somewhere not impossible to get to in a reasonable time.

Money is the one that's spoken about quite a lot, especially among those who pay the most for these programs, the parents. Until some major sponsors at the BA level and state level get on board, parents have no option but to pay for the incidentals, uniforms, coaches, court hire etc...

They don't pay for all of it, but how much they have to cover varies across the country.

Reply #483169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

483125, what a stupid comment all round, especially re the camps, you need to look at who actually is
1 hosting the camp at their venue
2 who is the organising person and it's NOT BV it's usually one of the clubs who have someone available to do this months before.
3 most clubs get the same email requesting staff for these camps, if one club puts their hands up because it's part of their club policy for them to help then you can't blame BV just because others don't.
The Andrew bogurt camp run at msac was basically a tigers camp, didn't see many tigers players there, two rangers wnbl/SEABL women, 1 bendigo wnbl/SEABL player and 1 Kilsyth player , and know for a fact many more were asked but didn't make themselves available because they were either working or away or could t be bothered. I would say all camps would be the same.
As for BA funding it's all been used up by boomers, and then opals as they prepare for worlds, plus on Joyce's salary. Add to this this year they have had un17 worlds, plus wheelchair worlds, it's been a huge year for finances
But agree No camps for un19s all year and they have Oceania qualifiers in nov, bit stupid really as they need to win Oceania to get to un19 worlds

Reply #483170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3166. Clearly you have all the info so how many applied ? put up or shut up. I never said BV make the rules for the 14 nats.
3170. It was BV who organised the u12 ITC ID camps and show me the email BV sent out requesting coaches for that ? Oh right you cant because they didnt send one. The new guy simply paid all his own clubs players to run it.

Reply #483173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ obviously your kid didn't make NITP lol, those NITP camps are invitational to every single club in VJBL , the invites go to all clubs, the clubs then hand then to who they think have a chance at selection. You will get the majority of coaches coming from the venue area purely because it's easier and most coaches work other jobs anyway

Reply #483176 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Why would you be interested in facts now? You've done a great job so far at making up information that you post as truth. You don't even know who organises the camps. My guess is you are 1 of 2 types of people. Either a coach who applied and wasn't given a job or someone who's kid was cut that now carries a grudge.

Completely agree with the comments about camps and funding. The sad part is if we don't perform at these tournaments, they will see that as a reason to cut more funding. There is a great article floating around about Germany's investment into the World Cup.

Reply #483177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#3166 You seem to know a lot more than most, if that is the case, can you enlighten us on how many applied?

It just seems to me as an outsider looking in that the whole process is designed to stop legitimately good coaches applying, as the process does lend itself to jobs for the boys. Is it a coincidence that Grant Wallace, Basketball Ops Man of BV coaches at Eltham, and, as in a previous post, 3 Eltham coaches get state gigs and they use Eltham players for camps (also from a previous post). Add to that a recent appointment of an Eltham coach to BV and should questions be asked?

Reply #483179 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

Heard that we may have been a little arrogant?

Reply #483180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#483152 you said...

"All I witnessed with the coaches behavior was his obvious disdain for the SA coach for not coming to shake his hand straight after the win as her players and coaches were mauling her after the upset win."

This obvious disdain you speak of, came accross as incedible arrogance and indiference to everyone in the arena. The VIC coach made no move to go over and shake SA coach's hand. He stood there and sulked...he let the SA coaches come all the way to him...he strutted around all week like he had the GOLD in the bag..

i really can't coment on his coaching as i didnt see too many of his games...but his behaviour all week didnt win him any fans....

Reply #483183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A Vic coach being arrogant at Nationals? I think Noah was the 1st one to make that complaint after he got off the ark haha

Reply #483189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the tripe on this forum regarding Selection, Nationals and Vic coaches.

Coach went to the centre line and waited, I was there I saw it, SA coach celebrated with her coaches, why wouldn't you !!!! It was not over the top

Zone or no Zone, both teams have a chance to play one........

Please do not bang on about zones and then play one when it is all for the chocolates at the end.. It is part of the game, move on.

Selection of coaches..... The old regime was accused of giving mates the job, now we have new coaches, camp coaches and assistant coaches and the same accusations. Truth is there was an e mail sent, I got one and I am not from that club.

Lots of experienced coaches at National and international level overlooked due to bringing in new coaches, no problem, just give them time to gain experience

The sun came up again, next year will come around quickly .... Just enjoy the competition and not get hooked up with criticising until you have sat in the seat

Reply #483200 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

A touch off topic but so interesting watching people argue about the top 1% when with girls it is the drop off from the 99% once they get to around that 15-16 yr old range that really is the problem. Oh and as always with BA and just about any club, jobs for mates will always be a problem....

Reply #483203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#483200, thank you for bringing some common senses this, well done!

Reply #483262 | Report this post

There is currently an over representation of Eltham coaches involved in NITP, SCC and ECC coaching and selectors and state head coaches. None of which have ever won a VC title or even come close. Neither coach even coached in the age group. I would hope and expect that those selected to coach state teams have at least done something at the VJBL level to warrant such a selection.

It was evident that the lack of experience impacted the performance of both the men and women's results. How about BV approaches successful coaches to take our state teams rather than waiting for applicants that are not qualified.

Reply #483489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't feed the troll because that post surely can't be serious.

Reply #483491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its no coincidence that Grant Wallace coaches and has his son at Eltham. The number of state and ITC players who have been approached by state coaches and assistants to play for them next season is alarming.
Its about time BV employees signed agreements specifically forbidding the poaching of players.

Reply #483506 | Report this post

Kevin  
Years ago

Coaching imbalance? Some of your statements are factually incorrect. Before you make comments I think you had better check your facts first, or refrain from making things up.

Reply #483519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#3506 take notice of Kevin's post.

Reply #483521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#3521 if you have the facts then you will be more than willing to correct me. Please tell me what is fact .............

Reply #483538 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

I dream of my state getting bagged for finishing 2nd.

The Vic's do have to work on the arrogance a bit, it's a strength at times but there are certainly times when I am surprised it's not worked on (note - not referring to this incidence as I don't know the details).

At the U18 carnival I was involved in - it was certainly an issue.

Reply #483543 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Maybe it is more of a perception than an issue @Maxymoo? Coaches, players and other people involved in state programs change all the time.

Now and then, so does the winning state, the issue has been that Vic (Metro especially) has just dominated the junior competition for a long time.

Rightly or wrongly, success has its own rewards and may create that perception of elitism sometimes confused with arrogance...

Get to know the people and your perception changes, funny thing that!

Reply #483546 | Report this post

Kevin  
Years ago

What I find frustrating is people making statements that are just incorrect! It seems that some people begin typing then continue making statements that they think 'might' be correct rather than actually knowing as this might support their argument.

I also don't want to get into a 'fact off' with anyone as this achieves nothing. However I think the past coaching achievements and qualifications regarding the head coaches in question have been drastically overlooked, including previous teams coached etc.

Saying that the Vics may be seen as arrogant (also being a Vic myself) is Ok with me because that is an opinion, which we all have a right to have!

Reply #483547 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

@Bear - yep that is a fair point and I'm sure it is true to a certain extent.

In the carnival I was involved with, we had some rough and tumble moments but it was generally OK. However I witnessed a comment between the Vic Metro coach and one of our players in the post tourney mixer - which was arrogant and pathetic. To his credit - he acted on it (after I had spoken to him - nicely and calmly) and fixed that incident.

It's hard to win and not piss off others...acknowledged - however there always has been a plethora of tales from Nationals since day dot.

Even if it is perception - personally I'd want to manage that if it was my state.

Thank God for V basketball though, it sets a bar in this country.

Reply #483554 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Incidents asside @Maxymoo, I think the interstate rivalry at Nationals of all age groups is what drives the passion and of course can end up causing people to let out their frustrations in many ways.

It is both a good thing and a bad thing, depending on if you are on the winning side, the losing side or one of those impartial bystanders.

Ugly incidents are not tolerated and nor should they be tolerated, but I'd still rather the level of behaviour in baskteball than that which I see in some other sports...

Reply #483574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maxymoo - was that this year?
I was involved with the 18s this year, and the Vic Metro coaches on our side (male) were pretty approachable (I had conversations with 2 of the 3) and didn't seem too arrogant to me. They always said g'day when they walked past etc.

Reply #483578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re Eltham coaches coaching state, I will stand corrected but I think Trevor Lee (VM20B) has coached 20s before as well as a successful career at YL level, Rob Coulter (VM16B)has coached 16s at Diamond Valley before moving to Eltham, not sure about Cesari (VM16G), so #3506 hasn't got it right there. Although the Grant Wallace comment is relevant.

Original post was all about VM16G and seems to have diverted a bit. Cesaris behaviour after the semi v SA was poor. OK he got a bad call, but the reality was that it wasnt the bad call that cost him the game. He was significantly outcoached, couldn't coach his way out of the legitimate tactic of a zone, and his team shot 5/17 v 12/16 from the line in a 3 point game, so theres the game right there.

The reality is he was underprepared, inexperienced and outcoached losing to a better team (take nothing away from SA). Nothing sinister in that, just a fact. His behaviour during the week and after the game was another matter altogther. The losers were the kids some of who wont get another chance at state level. Was the right team picked? Who knows, everybody has an opinion on that, for me I thought a couple could have been picked but who knows.

Reply #483598 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

No Anon - not this year.

Reply #483607 | Report this post

Lo 21  
Years ago

When you have no administration or organisational ability, state program's are going to be a "fly by the seat of your pants" and it is reflective in the final positions by vic metro and vic country. Maybe look at whose is running state program's in Victoria and it reflects the final positions. The old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" might be relevant.

Jobs for the boys. Just google vic style of play, then look at shooting percentages and say no more. (By the way, How did I go with cliches?)

How many players from victoria should make national high performances places, my estimation would be three but I bet it is about 15 to 20. When you finish outside top 4 (vic country) and top 2(vic metro) numbers should be less. Where is the reward for states who finish higher and athletes who play well.

Finally, interesting to note that tassie after getting rid of high perf. Coach beat vic country who picked him up. Well done tassie like your style. Program's look really good in the far south!!

Reply #483704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of the VIC coaching jobs are advertised now online, get your applications in by August 1st people!

Reply #483717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's Grant Wallaces accountability in all this. Remember folks he sits at the top of the tree. He was on the appointment interview panel that selected coaches. Perception does become reality though. Fundamentally no issue which clubs they're from as long as they can coach. 90% of coaching nowadays is player management. This I believe is where Vic coaches fall down.

Reply #483719 | Report this post

Kevin, I note anon has commented re who Lee, Coulter and Cesari have coached. None of these comments relate to Trevor Lee. Comment was that Coulter coached at DV before moving to Eltham. My question is how successful was he ? Cesari, who has he coached and what are his successes? The point I was trying to make was that both these coaches demonstrated a lack of experience, did not prepare their teams sufficiently and their teams suffered as a result. Which prompted me to ask the question about their coaching history. My expectation is that head coaches of state teams need to have demonstrated success at the top level before they should be charged with such responsibility. By success I mean winning VC or coming close, winning the Classic or coming close. This demonstrates they can prepare a team AND coach under pressure. Just coaching a team that comes 8th in VC isn't good enough.

So when you put together the questionable background and experience and then they both come from the same club where Grant Wallace coaches, that is when you start asking questions about selection. Don't forget SCC coaches. More Eltham coaches. Too many for a relatively underperforming club that doesn't have VC representation in 12 boys, 16 girls and 18 boys.

Reply #483766 | Report this post

bigbird  
Years ago

Who cares.
Proving a point on the internet doesn't actually achieve anything, other than self gratification.

Reply #483768 | Report this post

Who cares you ask? Plenty of Vic people care big bird. 16 straight years of winning the national champs broken because of poor coach selection. You are not from Eltham by any chance?

All anyone can ask is that those responsible for selecting Vic Metro head coaches do a better job. Let's hope some experienced and successful coaches apply so they have a good pool to choose from and the kids get coaches they can learn from and the standard of play gets back to what we have all come to expect of Vic Metro teams.

Reply #483769 | Report this post

bigbird  
Years ago

Go do something about it.
Pissing and moaning on an Internet forum never achieved anything.

Reply #483781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaching imbalance

Rob Coulter has developed players and coached / assisted some very good Vic and club teams. His effort in the semi final was excellent they were outplayed, not outcoached in the final game

Cannot under prepare if time was limited with team

Reply #483785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cannot under prepare if time was limited with the team ?

Goodness, how long do you want ? 5 months preparation, at least three trainings or game per week. If that is not long enough to teach an effective offense and defensive structures with elite players then again, experience is lacking.

Elite coaches from other states watching various games through the week who didn't know the players or coach commented on the lack of cohesion and looking underprepared.

If you watched the GF game you would question the the decision making, rotations, lack of discipline by some players, lack of back court pressure until last quarter etc etc. They were out coached as the NSW country coach had his team playing a good brand of basketball despite their lack of height and the Vic team did not. The responsibility for this ultimately rests with the coach.

Really, it isn't the coach's fault, he did the best he could. It is the selectors that should be shaking their heads.

Reply #483790 | Report this post

Clydetheglide  
Years ago

Coaching imbalance.
Maybe the u16s were beaten by better teams, and that no matter who coached.them they finished where they deserved! It does happen.

Reply #483806 | Report this post

BigBird  
Years ago

I think Coaching Imbalance is from a club that constantly gets beat by Eltham.
He/she really dislikes Eltham.

Reply #483809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For goodness sake it's not like Vic metro were flogged they lost in OT by a very slim margin to the team who would eventually win the whole thing

Reply #483811 | Report this post

Had Enough  
Years ago

The amount of on court time is drastically reduced from the 'glory days' that Coaching Imbalance is clearly still living in. As a parent of a kid involved I would say to you, find out just how often all kids were on court for a session due to injury. Find out how many kids were actually injured during that final. I can't speak for the girls team but our preparation was as professional as I've ever experienced and the coaching staff were fantastic.

Reply #483816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even though this top age 16 group was fairly mediocre by VIC Metro standards, they should have still won easily. Weak age group, badly coached, regular service will resume in 2015 regardless of the coach. Hopefully it is a good one!

Reply #483819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic met won't be winning next year either. SA met had 5 bottom age kids and one of their clubs won classics. Plus qlds has a bunch of bottom age kids and won 14 club champs.

Why are the Vic clubs doing such a bad jib of producing talent when youbconsider the bigger clubs would be bigger the the entire SA met or qlds competitions by themselves.

Reply #483830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will be just fine, plenty of talent that should have been picked from the year below with lots of track record in easily winning against the teams from other states.

Reply #483832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kids with injuries being selected is one of the biggest issues in any state team, injuries that occur during the tournament are just bad luck, but persisting with players who can't or don't train before nationals is just ridiculous and happens all the time in all age groups in Vic metro. It's time they stopped this as hard as it may be for the player who is injured it's a fact of life sometimes you have miss out and wait till the next opportunity

Reply #483834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Injuries occurred during preparation and the tournament. Yet that's somehow the coach and Grant Wallace's fault.

#3830 is right. Vic met won't be winning next year either. An incredibly weak age group none of which should have been picked this year.

Reply #483837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If injuries occurred during preparation that's when you call in your emergencies, you most certainly Don't take injured players away

Reply #483846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if you roll your ankle and miss 2-3 weeks of preparation, you should be replaced? If by some miracle you're ever given a state job, I would love to see you apply that tactic.

Done with this nonsense. Just a bunch of uneducated, keyboard heroes that have nothing better to do than make up crap.

Reply #483849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm talking about injuries that are still an issue going into nationals you fool, BUT if a player misses best part of the preparation then yes I think it's only fare you can have a player who's only been back a week go to nationals and expect them to perform to their best, and that is after all what they should be doing at this level. I have seen players sit out for all bar the last training , go on to nationals and not given one ounce of productive play, when an emergency who had done all the hard yards for weeks on end could have easily contributed a hell of a lot more. But I blame parent for that too, I know if that was my child I'd pull them, it's not fare on anyone to keep them in. But then some parents want little johnnycake to got to state no matter what even if he/she just sits on the bench

Reply #483856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen kids sit out of state and miss hard trainings almost every year and be rewarded with game time because they are seen as good players so get over it and adapt

Reply #483865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it's wrong that it happens, it's often the same kids each year too, and they rarely go any further once out of juniors.

Reply #483873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What anon #483834 makes sense. Vic Metro bewilderingly carried a girl into the comp who flat out had no right to be there - and played like it.

She hardly stepped on the court during trials with mystery ailments, hardly trained once selected and made little or no contribution at the championships. How she got this ride, who knows???

And the girl who missed out can really play.

Good news is she is top age; surely they won't ever select her again in the state program.

Reply #483891 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

^ looks like they did select her in the u18's

Reply #512169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just let go people and give the girl a chance. Hopefully she has a great u18 nationals and proves all of her doubters wrong.

Maybe she was a bad selection in u16s, that is not her fault.

Let's be positive, it's a new year!

Reply #512183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754