Anonymous
Years ago

Joe Ingles Feature on Fox Sports

Ingles still attracting NBA attention from Memphis;

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=ingles-tangled-over-nba-move_1226990625986&vc=519

Topic #34919 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

so is it NBA or 36ers for Joe?? It doesnt sound as far fetched as i used to think, but still probabaly unlikely.

I guess the best we could offer him DJs $$$, it wouldnt be close to what he earns in Europe, but still good by NBL standards. Even if he rejects it i hope the 36ers are offering him this and selling him on being the man and living in Adelaide with his girl friend, etc. You gotta atleast try.

They will have to be patient for this though especially if he gets a shot at NBA camps, etc.

I guess in the interim they could sign a cheapish import big, maybe someone from Joeys summer league squad, then hold open as much $$$ as possible for Joe and if he doesnt come grab the best Aussie available or upgrade the import.

Reply #483239 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Points could be an issue too, it would only leave 7 points for the other centre. Funnily enough, what Ballinger is rated at!

Schenscher (9)/ Ballinger (7)
Petrie (8)/ Anthony (5)
Ingles (9)/ Creek (6)
Gibson (10)/ Crawford (6)
Wilson (9)/ Teys (1)

Reply #483243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome video there by Fox Sports

( I wish the NBL could get a contract with them to televise every NBL game )

He would be silly to turn down an NBA contract with Memphis.

Interesting that that Joey says that the 36ers can't even afford to buy him lunch, let alone offer him a contract.

Yet Joe Ingles still says the 36ers are a possibility ??

Reply #483247 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

ingles here shooting around at adelaide arena,more current than joey

Reply #483256 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Stop teasing us Joe!

Reply #483257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the NBA calls, no man in his right mind can turn it down no matter what. That league is what dreams are made of for any kid who picks up a basketball at a young age. Im a 36er season ticket holder, but if I thought Joe turned down the NBA even a shitty bench gig to play for us, it'd make me a touch uncomfortable.

Reply #483261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should've taken an offer after his great Olympics campaign imo.

Reply #483265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

probably a marketing strategy to get more members Friday night game numbers being high might be affecting the 1000's who play Fri night and their families considering a membership. i know we are reconsidering as we will miss too many games especially with our son moving up an age group and having later games as of September.

Reply #483274 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

i like that line up Paul,

Getting Ingles would be huge,

Even if we dont get Ingles any 9 point import SFs out there?? Ron Dorsey?? Shane Edwards?? they could be good back up plans if Ingles doesnt end up a 36er, (which sadly is quite likely)

Reply #483284 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ingles is obviously unlikely this season, so I would try to go with Carter and Wilkinson.

Reply #483285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just take the NBA offer FFS :P

Reply #483286 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

You wouldnt look at Shane Edwards (as plan b to Ingles) and Ballinger to round out the roster??

I dont mind the Carter and Wilkinson idea either.

To me id wait and see with Joe, its unlikely he will be a 36er but i wouldnt rule it out just in case, (you dont wanna miss out the opportunity for Ingles cos you locked in Wilkinson too early, he may also be avaialable late anyway)i guess my plan b would be talk to Shane Edwards agent and see what he plans to do, he played D-league and a tiny bit of NBA last season but could be a option and available late if he goes to NBA training camps, my plan c would be Ron Dorsey, who im pretty sure is a 8 point player, and can play d and shoot the 3 and provide some athleticsm, so not a bad worse case scenario imo.

With the last aussie spot id go for the best big if thats Ballinger, then go for it, we have Schenscher who can start C, so a Ballinger on the cheap and Schenscher C combo is ok with me.

If Joe is ruled out and Wilkinson and Carter are still available id be happy to lock them in, but id exhaust all opportunities with Ingles, as unlikely as it seems, before locking in those last 2 spots.

I agree Ingles is unlikely, but we do have a DJs salary spot which i assume was decent by NBL standards available, he wouldnt be coming here for money he would only play for the 36ers more for his GF and its his home town and he has made plenty of $$ the last few years. Remember Anstey came back from Europe a couple of times in his prime to the NBL, AJ Ogilvy did it last year. So until its ruled out by Joe id try and get him, and just hope he makes his decision before its too late and doesnt string the 36ers along if he isnt genuinely thinking about it, its a risk, but one id take, signing Joe would be a game changer imo, as far as winning the title goes anyway.

Reply #483293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher cannot start.

His form last year came through restricting his minutes at the start of the season.

He has skills, great bloke, but his body is not up to it.

Reply #483310 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I got the impression of ingles being our best player at london.
There are those that go all around the world looking for somebody good, while the best is right here

Reply #483344 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I believe Joe has told the 36ers he would like to sign one more big contract before returning home so you can start ruling him out....for now.

Sixers need a mobile big who can also play inside and out...that fits Joey's game plan.

Ballinger is not the answer!

Reply #483346 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I think Schesncher, Ballinger (15 mins each) and Petrie/Anthony (10 mins between them) can hold down the C spot in the NBL just fine.

Reply #483348 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

However i do get the impression the 36ers will go for something along the lines of Wilkinson and Carter for the last 2 spots, especially if Joe Ingles isnt an option.

I personally wouldnt mind going for a import SF and best Aussie big we can fit in after that, but it doesnt seem they are headed that way,

Reply #483350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754