Anonymous
Years ago

Video Interview with Thon Maker

AUSA Hoops has a new video interview with Thon Maker from last week's Summer Jam. Find it on the AUSA Hoops website.

Maker answers questions about a range of topics including his top 5 schools, reclassification to the Class of 2015, and playing for the Australian team.

Topic #34955 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cool interview, he seems like a really nice kid.

It's great to hear him say he would love to play for the Boomers. Also good that he wants to play in the under 19's.

Everytime i watch him i'm just wowed by his mobility, athleticism and coordination for his size. If he can put on some size and keep that mobility...damn.

Having him, Simmons and Humphries as our future frontcourt is just ridiculous.

Reply #484012 | Report this post

MCV  
Years ago

Nice one.

Link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrsbAaLMSU

Reply #484022 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

The bit when he said he wanted to play for Australia was my favourite bit!

Reply #484063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not quite sure you can put Humphries on the same level as Ben Simmons and Thon Maker...

Reply #484092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need an exceptional Pg to go along with the rest of the u19 team:

SG adel
SF simmons
PF maker
C humphries

Reply #484094 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

^
I'm no expert but you may need a couple of subs too.

Reply #484095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

from 1996 the two best/main point guards are
Tanner Krebs (position at CoE)
Tad Dufelmeier Jnr

maybe not exceptional but at 6'5 Krebs has height to go with the other 4 listed above

U19
pg Krebs / Dufelmeier
SG Adel / Mcviegh
SF Simmons / Bolden
PF Maker / Gak
C Humphries / Perry

+ 2 of
Wilson
Blagojevic
White
Noi
Mckay

Reply #484096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@484092

I think Humphries is definitely in the conversation with Simmons and Maker. If I saw correctly he's been offered by Arizona and is receiving getting from Kansas and Texas, those schools are legit! That's no accident

Reply #484109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ *receiving interest
lol

Reply #484110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I've seen of Simmons recently, I don't think Maker and Humphries are in the conversation with him...

Reply #484126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#096 Too early to make that call for GAK, he has a heap of development to come and PERRY has to overcome his surgery first.

Reply #484129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PG Krebs / Dufelmeier
SG Blagojevic / Vasiljovic / Wilson
SF Simmons / Bolden / McViegh
PF White / Froling
C Humphries / Maker

From that age group of 1996 and a couple of 1998 and 1997. Of course Exum is a lock before Krebs or Dufelmeier at PG but I think he is a year older.

Reply #484130 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Simmons is looking more and more likely to be a potential NBA Superstar in the making.

The others are all likely to be very good players, but Simmons just seems to be on an entirely different level.

Reply #484134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duffelheimer/owies
Adel/Wilson/dj
Simmons/bolden/mcveigh
TMaker/mmaker/froling
Humphries

Thon primary PF, back up centre.
Simmons /bolden can play PF also
Mcveigh can play SG
Adel can play sf
Wilson and dj can play3rd pg spot
Froling can play small centre

Reply #484147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How old is Joseph acuil? Maybe he could back up humphries.

Reply #484150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Small Centre who likes the 3 ball too much

Reply #484151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Not quite sure you can put Humphries on the same level as Ben Simmons and Thon Maker..."

He's not on the same level but he's still an exciting 5 star prospect. If people are comparing Simmons and Maker to Pippen/Garnett then i think maybe Bogut would be a good comparison for Humphries?

"I think Humphries is definitely in the conversation with Simmons and Maker. If I saw correctly he's been offered by Arizona and is receiving getting from Kansas and Texas, those schools are legit! That's no accident"

I think he's been overshadowed by Maker, Simmons, Exum etc. He's a genuine 5 star talent and i think we'd be hyping him up more if those other players weren't around.

"From what I've seen of Simmons recently, I don't think Maker and Humphries are in the conversation with him..."

Simmons is easily the best and most complete propect we have (or have ever had). I think he'll eventually become our second number 1 pick and be recognised as our best ever player (big call but just a hunch).

"Duffelheimer/owies
Adel/Wilson/dj
Simmons/bolden/mcveigh
TMaker/mmaker/froling
Humphries

Thon primary PF, back up centre.
Simmons /bolden can play PF also
Mcveigh can play SG
Adel can play sf
Wilson and dj can play3rd pg spot
Froling can play small centre"

Yeah, thats a great team and really what our under 19 team should be. I don't see us not winning at least bronze with that lineup.

Btw - i've seen atleast 5-6 articles in the last few weeks about the rise of the Boomers as an eventual powerhouse. This is the most recent one.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/7/21/5922015/ben-simmons-australian-basketball-dante-exum-thon-maker

Reply #484254 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754