Forestville overpower Mavs by 21
South too slick for disintegrating North by 15
Woodville under some pressure, over the line by 3 against Norwood
West practice a bit more transition, by 22 over Southern
Centrals damage Sturt's finals hopes, in a close one by 4

Topic #34970 | Report this topic

tragic  
Years ago

I think the South women may just defeat North. Both sides know they are playing for the double chance and that may make it a less than friendly game. Lets hope that the game get's good ref's .

Reply #484336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it wont there is no such thing

Reply #484337 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

Ok the best available ref's then.

Reply #484338 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Suggest you may not have seen Southern (W) last couple of games which, ok they've lost but have been far from scrappy & crappy playing a quick entertaining style (scoring 82 & 86).

Reply #484340 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

BTW I've got no connection with Southern, just an impartial observation.

Reply #484342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Razor, I suggest you didnt observe Southern's (W) game of the 12 July against the Eagles or the PnR review of that game.

"The Eagles have made a mockery of the Tigers, demolishing them by 60 points on their home court...... Southern were lucky to get away with only a 60 point loss, as they were embarrassed all over the court."

Reply #484353 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

My money on South Women to beat North

Reply #484357 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Anonymous they're just predictions. Just suggesting Southern have an up side as well and are more than capable of beating West if they're on. I'd also differ from Rock in predicting a comfortable South win.

Reply #484359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PnR reviews done from stat sheets

no real facts printed

Reply #484370 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

With Andrew Just and Neil Frost on the North V South Women's game you make your mind up.

Reply #484401 | Report this post

Ahhh, the Ghost who walks... long time no chat :)

You know with Frosty's dad about that it's a Neddy No-No to discuss the umpires!

Is the game North or South? Been on receiving end of many home court advantages.

Good luck!!!

Reply #484439 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The MOTR in the women's draw is North vs South. Could go either way, but will tip the Panthers to jump the Rockets. It's Jo's year, but the Panthers just seem the be the quiet achievers this season winning when it matters and this is a game that matters.

In the mens, there are two MOTR.
Norwood v Woodville. Norwood are hotter than the MFS calendar at the moment. Fire Chief Cooper doing his job well and all his players obliging with the baby oil to get those Norwood fans even more excited. They have a chance to lock in the Minor Premiership with a win and the Flames would be over the moon to have a double MP. Woodville with all the right moves will make it as hard as they can for them. They need to win by +15 to threaten the Flames for the top spot. Norwood would be well advised to open the doors to any junior to pack the bleachers. Hey, I would even throw a free sausage sizzle for anyone wearing red and blue. Woodville might be a goal short, but I am sure they will be launching more missiles on goals than a rebel with a bad accent and a vodka hangover.

Centrals v Sturt. Centrals with the opportunity to lock in 3rd spot and get the double chance. Sturt need this game, plus a win next week, then need Eagles to be beaten by either Mavs or the Wockets. Centrals have basically been in the 5 all year and only spent a week out (if you looked closely that week you could see the throbbing blood vessel in Scott Whitmore's forehead) Sturt are a bit more desperate, but Lions can smell fear and looking to secure the second chance should hammer that nail in the Sturt coffin. I shouldn't give the home crowd ideas, but I now have a picture of the Starplex crowd hammering imaginary nails at the end of the game.

Reply #484447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt women to only win by 24? Centrals scored 25 points last week.. I would expect Sturt to win by at least 40!

Reply #484702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can Sturt suit up both Marino and Novosel??

Reply #484705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good question. Anyone have an answer to that one?

Reply #484709 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Marino was a Sturt junior right through from u14s to ABL. I guess that might mean something.
I believe she has played over 100 games at ABL level for Sturt, that might count for something.

She might even be a life member at Sturt, whatever their rules are...

Reply #484727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But she has played Olympic basketball for New Zealand therefore is classed as a restricted foreign player! Same as Novasel therefore how can they have both of them playing

Reply #484731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rocky i normally agree your posts but:
correct but no not really
wrong
relevence
I here typical sturt apparently bullying & threatening legal action ...… will CC stand up …….."apples" where are you ……will other clubs support apples & take action if CC capitulates and uses get out jail free card…… "we can ignore the rules as we see fit" ……..OMG is that reallly in the bylaws
Lets see who really runs ball in SA ……. BSA or …………...

Reply #484733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a joke then if there is an overriding clause saying BSA don't follow rules if don't like them. So the threat of legal action makes them capitulate again to a big club, if true, makes a mockery of the competition. What about loyal WNBL players returning. I give up on this sport if BSA allow this

Reply #484745 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

She's played for Lightning with 2 foreign players the last couple of seasons - where was your argument then. And loyalty - she's been playing with Sturt since about U10s.

Reply #484751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The BSA rules are clear for CABL which is the issue. Not WNBL. There is no such thing as a loyalty clause relevant to this issue.

Reply #484752 | Report this post

Fleagle  
Years ago

General Rule
a) Each team may register a maximum of two players who are classified as Restricted, a maximum of one of whom is classified as Foreign. Players are classified as Restricted and/or Foreign based on the criteria defined in this section.
Foreign Player
b) All players must adhere to FIBA and Basketball Australia policies with respect to foreign players.
c) A player who is a non-Australian citizen and is required by FIBA to hold a Foreign Players Licence is classified as both Foreign and Restricted.
d) A player who is a non-Australian citizen but who immigrated to Australia with their parents prior to their fifteenth (15th) birthday may apply to FIBA for a Special Foreign Player Licence. A player who holds a Special Foreign Player License is exempt from by-law 3.5 c).
e) A player who is an Australian Citizen but has represented another country in an official FIBA tournament (Zone Qualifier, World Championships and or Olympics) and therefore is ineligible to represent Australia, is classified as both Foreign and Restricted.

Therefore Novosel and Marino classify as Foreign.

BUT consider:
Loyalty
i) A players who has played more than 100 games in the Central ABL Women's league, or 150 games in the Central ABL Men’s league, or has played in 8 Central ABL seasons as unrestricted players with one club in the Central ABL is not classified as Restricted if they play in the Central ABL for that club.

Therefore novosel = Foreign
Marino = Loyalty clause

Sturt are legal......unfortunately;)

Reply #484777 | Report this post

Fleagle  
Years ago

General Rule
a) Each team may register a maximum of two players who are classified as Restricted, a maximum of one of whom is classified as Foreign. Players are classified as Restricted and/or Foreign based on the criteria defined in this section.
Foreign Player
b) All players must adhere to FIBA and Basketball Australia policies with respect to foreign players.
c) A player who is a non-Australian citizen and is required by FIBA to hold a Foreign Players Licence is classified as both Foreign and Restricted.
d) A player who is a non-Australian citizen but who immigrated to Australia with their parents prior to their fifteenth (15th) birthday may apply to FIBA for a Special Foreign Player Licence. A player who holds a Special Foreign Player License is exempt from by-law 3.5 c).
e) A player who is an Australian Citizen but has represented another country in an official FIBA tournament (Zone Qualifier, World Championships and or Olympics) and therefore is ineligible to represent Australia, is classified as both Foreign and Restricted.

Therefore Novosel and Marino classify as Foreign.

BUT consider:
Loyalty
i) A players who has played more than 100 games in the Central ABL Women's league, or 150 games in the Central ABL Men’s league, or has played in 8 Central ABL seasons as unrestricted players with one club in the Central ABL is not classified as Restricted if they play in the Central ABL for that club.

Therefore novosel = Foreign
Marino = Loyalty clause

Sturt are legal......unfortunately;)

Reply #484778 | Report this post

Mattress  
Years ago

Marino has not played 100 games a an UNRESTRICTED player.

Reply #484781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She spent a season training at southern, where was her loyalty then

Reply #484796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

100 game OR 8 seasons as unrestricted.

Qualifies under 100 games.

Funny that its Forestville and Norwood threatening law suits.

Reply #484811 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..good that apples is an aussie, next year....

Reply #484822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mattress, you need to read it more carefully. Unfortunately she qualifies under the loyalty clause.

Reply #484831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else having trouble accessing the webcast?

Reply #484847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't Novosel now have an Australian Passport ???? And isn't Angela Marino now Australian ????? Anyway, loving that the Weagles are coming out of the woodworks...… Borego isn't going that well then ?????

Reply #484850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What loyalty clause

Reply #484936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, Fleagle posted it above. Scroll up a bit and it's there. She qualifies under the 100 game rule, ie the loyalty clause.

Reply #484943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the heck happened to Norwood men?

Reply #484958 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood Men were beaten by a better team, Woodville

Reply #484996 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754