Anonymous
Years ago

Hawks 2014/15 season

Lot of changes at the Hawks, what do we all think of those changes ? How do you think they'll go this season ?

Topic #35035 | Report this topic

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Ervin/
Import/Demos
Coennard/Hill
Forman/Ballinger
Davidson/Gruber

Looks like a deeper team than last year. That second import needs to be decent though

Reply #485957 | Report this post

Rot Sauce  
Years ago

Everything looking positive.

Need a 2/1 import with shooting range to start alongside Gary and I assume Demos off the bench to provide some mongrel.

Reply #485958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will finish above the sixers........

Reply #485961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As usual they'll better whatever is expected of them*

* Minus the year they recruited that Glover guy with the armsleave

Reply #485962 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

This Wollongong team will not finish above the Sixers.

That bad year the Hawk had Showron Glover and Joevan Catron....1 poor and 1 average players.

Reply #485966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't count on it.better coach

Reply #485969 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Gordie is certainly an A class coach, and I think the stocks of this team are on the up.

Ervin I think is more controllable by Gordie and this may be a key factor for them.

Reply #485982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The difference is that they can at least spend a bit more cash this year

Reply #485988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ hence the deep team

Reply #485989 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Hawks were a well run team last year. They have managed to keep a good core of the team together and have already recruited very well. Be very interested to see who fills the last couple of spots. They will make the 4 again this year ....but I wouldn't be surprised if they were to break a top 2 spot.

Reply #485998 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

^ hence the deep team
No, it's not (at this stage) because of an increased budget, their team is currently considered deep because they got Hill and Ballinger, and they got both of them because they were virtually discarded by their previous teams. The Hawks picked up Forman after he was cut by the Breakers too. Ervin wouldn't have been asking for loads of money after Adelaide didn't bring him back too. They're buying low and have at every turn. It's possible that they've got Ervin for Martin's salary plus a bit of Clarke's. Can't imagine they've overpaid for a free agent in some time.

I think they're in a good position right now. No youth in the frontcourt, but I don't think they can be picky. Rest leaves them in a decent position. Import SGs are pretty common, you'd think.

Reply #486053 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Get the second import right and you're looking at top 2 or 3. Get it wrong maybe bottom 3. Rest of the roster looks good so far

Reply #486059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need to get the backup pg right

Who is available

Cj perhaps but I'd reckon sydney kings
Bartlett would be a good fit
Dan Joyce lol
Whatever happened to cooper ?

Reply #486081 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Bartlett is a 2/3. What happened to Damon Heuier?

Reply #486103 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:21 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754