Filthy Mexican
Years ago

ABL (SBL/SABL/STATE LEAGUE/SANBL) Coaches 2015

Another end of season and the questions will be raised about the coaches who will stay who will go?

I will only comment on the women's teams currently out of finals to not be disrespectful about the teams contending and as I know little about the men's side I will let someone more educated than I comment on that....

Women
10th Centrals - KB can do no wrong, he can write his own ticket at starplex, I will call this KB's choice but I think more 36ers commitment will mean a new coach in the den

9th Southern - already advertised but that doesn't mean that they are 'really' looking, Scott to continue? I don't think so!

8th Eastern Mavericks - probably a new coach the big question is will AM go straight from playing to Head coaching or take a year or two as assistant?

7th Woodville - I think Christian is fine there the club has too much else on their plate right now, keep him on and avoid another headache

6th West - Hopgood did enough without making finals, cycled some kids through, brought on an import I think she will be a bearcat for at least another year

5th Forestville - Same Coach
4th South - Same Coach
3rd North - New Coach (coach's choice)
2nd Sturt - Same Coach
1st Norwood - New Coach (coach's choice)

Topic #35045 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the mens side out of finals, 3 coaches had their first go so assume they'll stay, other 2 have had the womens job advertised but not the mens so assume they'll stay, so no changes

Reply #486336 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think the KB thing could go either way. I think he has a year left on his contract at Centrals and they love him, but if something needs to give, CABL is priority 3 after his day job and the Sixers gig.

Reply #486339 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

North Adelaide- Mansfield not going on!
Interesting call has been in the job 3 years reached 2 GFs and will make finals - 3rd place finish after the minor round!
What is he doing?
He and his assistants Dellapere and Crowdon have done a good job of transferring young players from their Junior and 23 programs into the ABL women's team. Will an assistant step up for the role, can Hill take the reigns or will they advertise after finals?

Pritchard as well is not going on! What is he doing?
Does this open the door for Johnson if he wants the main gig? or will the club turn to another source or advertise after finals?

Reply #486439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754