Kriss
Years ago

whos next 4 the nba?

Topic #3506 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

well andrew bogut has now made it to milwaukee so who can we expect next to make the nba?

Hypo> lets say all nbl players had an out-clause to make the NBA, who could cut the sauce?

Wethers
Markovic (in 2 years perhaps)
Newley (" " " ")
Dwight as a SF/PF?

Reply #40557 | Report this post

Dwight 2 or 3 years ago maybe, but not now. He's too old and slow. I always through John Rillie would have a good crack at the NBA

Reply #40559 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dwight had a shot. Got drafted by Charlotte, then said he wanted to develop his game. It never happened.

His defense is exceptional, but he goes missing in offense. He needs a Matt Nielsen game. On that, Nielsen tore up the Olympics. I think he could have a shot.

Newley when he bulks uo a bit.

Reply #40561 | Report this post

Malclom Mclaren  
Years ago

Nobody, who would play in the NBL when your able to play in NBA. NBA's minimum player salary is almost as much as the NBL's Team Salary cap

Reply #40562 | Report this post

Maybe they want to play the game. I'd rather be getting minutes here than no minutes there

Reply #40563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id rather be getting no mintues but earning MILLIONS of dollars for a couple years... then come back here.

Reply #40571 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Newley has a few years to mature yet. If Dix and forman can get better stats than him hes got work to do.

Wethers would be an interesting pick....

And Darnell Mee, this guy should have went back to the states. One of the most amazing players i have ever seen.

Reply #40583 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

http://www.draftcity.com/viewprofile.php?p=341

Profile on Brad Newley. Seems pretty accurate on his strengths and weaknesses. I'd say he'll at least get a look in at the NBA in 12 months time.

There's also an article on that site which mentions Aaron Bruce & Daniel Kickert. David Andersen would also probably be a shot at making a roster at some point too, if he ever wanted to leave the Euro leagues.

Reply #40592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Andersen will be the next to play. He's already owned by the Hawks, and they need some help in the middle.

Andersen has agreed to play out his contract with CSKA Moscow after being selected First Team - Euroleague, and some stellar performances in the Finals. Andersen may play 2006-2007 season.

After him, Newley (especially if Bogut kicks ass) as the flavour of Aussie's increase, just like it did with Brazil when Nene was drafted, numerous Brazilians followed in the next two years as GM's were after the next big thing from Brazil.

I'm not sure if Dwight was drafted by the Hornets or if they offered him a F/A contract and he declined to gain more experience... Weird move that one, even taking pine in the NBA would be been better experience, especially since Zo and Grandmama were still with the Hornets at the time.

Kickert is an interesting player. Nice length and can shot. He's got possibilities.

This is gonna sound weird, but I think the success of future Aussie's in the NBA will really depend on how Bogut goes. Look at when Longley was drafted, there was a small influx of Aussie's into the League for the next few years (Gaze, Anstey, Bradtke, Grace, Heal), and if think if Bogut does well, then GM's will look to our shore for future prospects like they look to Europe.

Has anyone seen Boguts new Nike add. THE BOGEYMAN IS COMING!!!

Reply #40611 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Got a link to the Bogut add Anonymous?

I think you pretty well spot on with the concept that if Bogut does well then they will be scouting Aussie sures for players.

Not like Bogut has anything resting on his shoulders or anything! Just the whole of Australian Basketball. I'm sure he'll carry us with ease and have a stellar Rookie season - Bogut for ROY!!

Reply #40613 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sorry, Anonymous was me, I've only seen the Nike Bogeyman add as a pop up on NBA.com and insidehoops.com

I was hoping someone had found the whole add.

Reply #40615 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Reply #40617 | Report this post

Bunny  
Years ago

I believe that Alex Loughton will be the next to make it to the NBA, depending on how soon Andersen and the Hawks work out a deal.

Loughton, Bruce and Kickert all have the game to make it in the NBA, with both Loughton and Bruce having lasting and solid careers there.

Newley might get there if he bulks up and works on his defense.

Reply #40800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tim Bertino, point guard from geelong, i have played on him and hes tough to guard, never tries out for state though

Reply #41098 | Report this post

Ashleigh Drummond  
Years ago

I think yao ming will be the next big thing. he has already shown he can compete in the nbl it just wether he can do it in the big league the nba. i think he can wat do use thibk.

Reply #72788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754