phillip
Years ago

willie farley

Whats he up to these days? I hear hes living in australia?

A true legend of our club.

Topic #35076 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plays and coaches the Toowoomba Mountaineers in the QBL. They are not good.

Reply #486687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Anon. I guess you can look at a ladder and see that! Well done genius! They might be rebuilding like the sixers and Port

Reply #486729 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

Does he still rip up in qbl? Assuming he aint nbl import level anymore? Probs could get a gig if naturalised.

Reply #486732 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

just looked it up on QBL website

he is averaging 23pts, 2 assists, 9 rbd, 41% FG, 35% 3P,

Pretty handy numbers,

Not sure if he is naturalised, but yea i reckon he would do ok off the bench for a NBL team, but not a gig you would give to a import at his age, and most NBL teams seem to be going the young guys anyway even if he is naturalised.

Sadly i doubt he will ever play NBL again, pity he didnt naturalise a bit younger, he could have played a bit longer like Copeland did if he had, ah well.

Will always be one of my fav 36ers of all time!

Reply #486735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhhh hate to be a killjoy but isnt he like almost 40? Teams surely would rather give a younger kid a go they can get some service out of

Reply #486737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Killjoy, he's not trying to play NBL. But aside from that Steve Nash is 40 and playing NBA.

Reply #486741 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

A naturalised Copeland played NBL at 40 and was still good off the bench, as did guys like D-Mac, Rose, etc.

The thing with Farley is atleast a year or so ago he wasnt naturalised and once you cross your early 30s and have been out of the NBL you are unlikely to get a gig.

The thing that guys like Copeland did well was they naturalised earlier and continued to play NBL the whole time. Thats the key if you want to play NBL into your mid late 30s as a 'ageing' star. Be an Aussie and stay in the NBL continuously from your early 30s.

If Jamar Wilson naturalises in the next year or so and keeps playing well enough to hold his spot in the mean time, he is one who could play NBL into his late 30s as a naturalised american imo.

Reply #486744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Copeland's last season he averaged 9.7ppg @ 36.2% and 34.5% 3pts.

Reply #486750 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

off the bench, so not too bad imo, i reckon thats more or less what we will get from PC this season, i also reckon Farley could do that too, but wont get the shot as a 40 year old import who hasnt played NBL recently.

Reply #486751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO, PC is closer to done than what Copeland was when we signed him.

Reply #486758 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

PC's minutes dropped so far last season that his ave mpg for 2013/14 was less than his lowest amount of minutes in any game of 2012/13. Take from that what you will.

Reply #486929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PC still only shot a career low 36% from the field and 31% on 3's.

Reply #486931 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754