Isaac
Years ago

Melbourne United brand change survey

Hi guys,

This is a Deakin University student's survey. It’s measuring the consumer perception of the NBL amongst basketball fans as well as the perception of the Melbourne Tigers/United brand change.

If this interests you at all, it would be great if some of you could participate. It shouldn’t take any longer than 15 minutes and you have the option of going into the draw to win one of three $100 Coles Myer vouchers at the end.

If you follow the link there is more information and you can decide whether or not to participate after reading that.

Feel free to share the link with any family, friends or colleagues who you think could be interested in participating.

http://deakinbuslaw.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_54MGMDjapVjOxVz

Topic #35113 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

Some questions are hard to answer if you don't support Melbourne basketball.

Side note (and could have been answered in another thread and if so sorry) - are Melbourne United:

1. Going to hang the Tigers, Magic, Giants, Saints and Dragons titles?
2. Retire all the numbers from those teams? Gaze, Fisher, Ronaldson etc?

Reply #487669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting survey. I completed it, despite not having a strong interest in the Tigers/United.

In answer to SVG, I'd guess they'll keep the Tigers banners/retired numbers but I don't think an official announcement has been made regarding those items yet.

Reply #487730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its interesting that all previous Charlotte hornets records for points, jerseys, Etc are held by the New Orleans pelicans, while the new Charlotte hornets don't have those records since they were the Charlotte bobcats.

I am sure if you asked Alonzo Mourning he wouldn't want his stats and jersey associated with the pelicans.

In the case of United, what would happen if the Tigers came back in to the league or if the Magic did, etc.

United should start fresh and I hope they die like Sydney spirit

Reply #487762 | Report this post

Mitch  
Years ago

Hey guys,

I'm the student involved in this university project and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has participated in the survey so far. The response has been really fantastic and I am really grateful for the time and thought put in to complete the survey.

Regards,

Mitch

Reply #487936 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

I'd love to see the results Mitch. It'd be interesting to see the level of buy in to United.

Reply #488055 | Report this post

Mitch  
Years ago

No problem, I will make a summary of the research finding available for anyone who would be interested in having a look. This would be around late Oct/Nov

Reply #488430 | Report this post

rosemary morris  
Years ago

I don't see the point of anticipating what might happen with Melbourne United and their home games. They have no history, they have no track record, they have no tradition. The NBL has a long and sordid history of teams not being around for very long and supporters have become disillusioned. Also the NBL has a history of being elitist and not connecting with their fan base. What can Melbourne United do to change this ?

Reply #489344 | Report this post

rosemary morris  
Years ago

the survey really did ask a whole bunch of irrelevant questions that cannot be answered at this stage - I don't see the point

Reply #489345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754