ethan
Years ago

Complete list of NBL marquees:

Feel free to add to the list as i dont know them all.

NZ: Jackson
Melb: Kickert
Perth: Daniels
Gong: Ervin
6ers: ??
Snakes: ??
Crocs: ??
Kings: ??

Topic #35121 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

That's not really how it works. The marquee thing only comes into play if it takes a team over the cap to do it. So Wollongong and Adelaide, for example, are not likely to have marquee players.

Reply #487883 | Report this post

ethan  
Years ago

Oh I see, so Kings are spending under the cap too if Childress aint a marquee.

Reply #487884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne and NZ are the only teams who have confirmed they're using their marquee spot, although it's likely Perth have used their's on Daniels.

The only other team I thought likely to use their marquee spot was Sydney, but following reports Childress was signed within the cap, that seems unlikely.

Reply #487887 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Signed within the cap but still earning in excess of $6Million this year.

Reply #487889 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Either way, the most disappointing thing is that Sixers aren't even looking to spend the cap, let alone extend to a marquee. I think based on what the Sixers are running with compared to other teams, we are in for a return to the bottom of the ladder. They want us to continue with our support, but are doing this with a team (on paper) nowhere near the strength of other clubs. Sad really.

Trying to be positive, but in the absence of any of the good news other clubs have been hearing, we have to speculate on what we see.

Reply #487893 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Spinner...

I think the long term viability of the club is just as important.

If this is the price then, what can you do?

Reply #487967 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Last season with a winning team, all the fair weather supporters came out and we had better crowds than we we have had for several years. We won't be taking any positive steps toward long term viability with this team..........a team that won't make finals.

Us regular fans will continue to spend on season tickets, but all the fair weather followers will go back into hiding. Before anyone says we don't want these supporters anyway, I would agree except their money is as good as ours when it comes to supporting the club.

Like I have already said in other threads, no news, no promotions.and you can't even spend money on merchandise! Doesn't make sense to me.

Reply #487980 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Agreed with Spinner. Not spending the cap is a slippery slope.

Penny wise and pound foolish

Reply #488025 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The cap is less relevant than the marketing efforts. I happily support a budget team in Wollongong that aren't half-arsed when it comes to promoting.

The Sixers have a pre-season game on tomorrow and haven't said anything on Twitter in over two weeks. I mentioned the pre-season game to a friend who works game nights for the club and he had no idea it was on.

Reply #488026 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree Isaac, you can have a successful team without spending the cap, but you can't have a successful club without promoting it.

Reply #488037 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

only moderate, while even kevin brooks said.'bad shooting' out there,today. they gonna be there all day if joey wants a certain amount of shots to go in.
wilson in finland and montreal in seabl finals will be here in sep. i haven't gotta favorite player this season

Reply #488040 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Speaking of Montreal - still no formal announcement?

Reply #488088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice move by Kings, since Childress is getting $ from payout still? Problem is will he be motivated, NBL might be just something to fill up his time before he needs to go out and get a new real contract once the payout period is over.

Reply #488297 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754