Looking very strong, certainly.

Reply #488048 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wow! Didn't see that coming. ;-)

Reply #488054 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

training well and fully recovered. Alot of talk around him loosing some spring but all reports are he is looking very sharp.

Reply #488057 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

not going to lie, this NBL season is looking the goods. Gotta be the best imports in the league as a whole for quite some time. As well as some good Aussies coming back. Just sad that the 36ers roster looks sub par.

They should make an investment, take a risk and spend more money for a big name and risk that the crowd will come. Surely if they can get some hype with a big name they would fill the stadium off the back of last season. Seems like they are just taking a backwards step this season.

Reply #488059 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

36ers might be setting up the roster for next year in terms of points/cap space? They do seem to be slipping a bit from last season... Couldn't say for sure.

Reply #488060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im a season ticket holder with the 6ers and I can say for certain the roster has slipped. With all the other teams upgrades, 6ers will sadly be making up the numbers. Expect some competitive loses, but loses non the less.

Reply #488067 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

maybe they werent predicting the league to be so good this season and thought they could get away with the line up they went with?

Reply #488069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More like penny pinching.

I thought the 36ers might go down the el cheapo route when Schenscher picked up his option for next season instead of re-signing to a longer term deal for less p.a.

Reply #488074 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Question is will they go with a 2nd import?

Reply #488075 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

United are looking like a top 2 team on paper. Will be keen to see how they gel as a team.

Reply #488080 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Beal, Daniels, Dennis, Ervin, Conklin, Gladness, Jackson , Childress.
That's a pretty mean class of imports right there already . Still a few more imports spots left to fill. Hopefully we can see a few more superstars signed. Regardless ..... I can't wait for this season to start. Let's hope this leads to more bums on seats for all clubs.

Reply #488101 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Absolutely love the 36ers but hard to get enthused about going 1 better this season when you hear about the other squads getting put together. I just hope our new import will have a similar impact that an unknown Mark Davis had when he entered the league. Tigers , Perth & Kings clear standouts....on paper.

Reply #488119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did think NBL teams would struggle to replace the quality that has left during the offseason (Ennis, S. Young, R. Clarke, Goulding, D. Johnson, Ogilvy) but with guys like Childress, Daniels, Dennis, Jackson, Kickert, Barlow coming in with hopefully more big names to come it might be alright.

Reply #488121 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

For some reason I don't think Dennis will perform as well as he did in last years pre season.

Reply #488134 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I don't think it is fair to call it penny pinching.

More like spending within one's means.

Reply #488293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United looking good. Perth good, Breakers good, Sydney good.

Sixers I feel we had momentum with a good coach signing last season but now that momentum will be gone as all other big city teams are stocking up on awesome imports yet we don't have a major sponsor so no coin to spend... feels like we are returning back to the barren years quick smart! :x

Reply #488295 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754