annon
Years ago

CABL Semi - Sturt women led all the way...

Norwood down by 2 a the final siren.....

Rockets vs Norwood at Mars next week..

Topic #35146 | Report this topic

annon  
Years ago

Reply #488506 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Did you spend too much time in the bar before posting that?!

Reply #488510 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

What bar..... Live stats

Reply #488514 | Report this post

Years ago

IMO whoever wins the prelim the GF is there for the taking

Reply #488710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Novasel went down. Any news on her injury?

Reply #488787 | Report this post

Mimas99  
Years ago

Was at Mars Saturday, saw Novasel's knee give way when she was trying to stop. Didn't look good, heard that she has done her ACL and maybe out for a year.

Reply #488866 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Court length issue for this level of game for stoppage. Not able to run on from the drive... Not to mention the chase down and slam by the opposition.

It was at the bar end of the court and you have a wall too close to the baseline.

Recreation Centre Courts are not what these calibre players should be playing on. Players like Novosel go hard and are use to courts with some space, soft crowds and cheer squads to land on so no need for quick deceleration.

We need to have new courts that have some better specifications so these kind of players now coming to Aus are protected.

Any comments peeps….

Reply #488880 | Report this post

Mimas99  
Years ago

"Not to mention the chase down and slam by the opposition." I think if you ask Novasel there was no slam, Lewis was definitely guarding close but there was no contact when Novasel tried to slow, her knee just buckled. Ie had a clear view of the incident from where we sat.
Not like the blatant fouls by Hargreaves lucky Lewis wasn't injured, then the Lightning would really have some troubles.

Reply #488894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I worry more about McPhail - 5 fouls in 5 minutes the previous week against North and 4 in 17 against Norwood. Some ridiculous fouls which seemed to not upset the coach too much. Is that part of the game plan??

Reply #488919 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

What has changed remember seeing her play several years ago and that was her game then. Shame the standard is such that a player like her can still warrant a game if that is all she is doing.

Reply #488929 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Yeah, I can just imagine the instruction: "Go out and get some quick soft fouls that have no effect on the game."

Reply #488930 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

GF is norwoods or norths - unless some miracle guard performance from a sabre - if sturt pull the GF win off it will be there womens finest hour. no way they can replace 20+ pontns and 12 + rebounds and 4 + assists with what they have left.

Reply #488934 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

McPhail has the job on so not surprising she picks up some fouls. Yes she makes some mistakes but anyone who was at the Semi saw how tough she has to be up against Herrick who by the way lost it and slammed one on McPhails head. She can have some great games too and willing to take the charge. Not many willing to do that...

Reply #488935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Norwood are now certainties to win again. Solid junior development program!!

Reply #489033 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

ah um... take out Lewis and Foley !!! then see how it all goes….

Reply #489036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then you'd also need to take out;

Boothby - Southern junior
Ireland - Forestville junior
Herrick - NSW junior
Keane - North junior
Stabile - North/Woodville junior
Minear - Forestville junior

You'd be left with;

Good
Walker-Robers
Tindall
Rodda

Reply #489039 | Report this post

p  
Years ago

Whoever wins the prelim will win the gf by 15-20 points. Unfortunately it will be embarrassing for sturt. The only chance is one of their juniors does a tom Daly cabl MVP gf performance.

Reply #489040 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

039 - that's what I was getting at. laughable comment on the solid junior program at Norwood.. I have heard this from parents who have 2 of their kids at Sturt and 1 at Norwood.... Why I ask if the program is so solid.. one eyed parent with no perspective…… Really sad about the comment about sturt being embarrassed. that was also the point of taking Lewis out of the line up. On paper now the rockets are looking strong. But then who knows.. I think everyone should just accept it is what it is… Its sad for all of us to not see Novosel play at the GF as she has another level and we all miss out with her out of the lightning and team up with Foley, Lewis and so on…. It can happen to any team… Mahoney out of Panthers, Rockets without Jo, Foley out of Norwood not travelling as well as expected, remove Lewis pfft… They were down 12 at 3/4 when Novosel went down and there was more in the tank…. So please don't bag out a supporting team who loses their star.. be grateful it wasn't your team and there is another week to go so hope Kalma isn't a bitch...

Reply #489047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all this talk about womens basketball

honestly...who cares

Reply #489069 | Report this post

p  
Years ago

we care !

Reply #489074 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Even anonymous cared enough to open up the thread

Reply #489084 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

69 - you are missing out. The games have been hot this season and Novosel has been a real treat.. She could take on some of the Mens teams....

Reply #489129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754