Luke
Years ago

NBL BLITZ in Brisbane 2014

The 2014 NBL Blitz will be held in Brisbane next month!

Thoughts?

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/160eey2epogaw1uuktqnw7rv8n

Topic #35169 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Awesome idea and wish I could go to be honest! I hope the Brisbane and surrounding public really get on board and fill the stadiums for these games...

Tickets are $30 for adults and just $15 for children per session, or for even more value, a tournament pass will be available at just $60 per adult and $30 for children.

If you get a tournament pass it is pretty cheap really, so why not go?

Go Bullets!!!
Bring 'em back...

Reply #488843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about those who can't go, that is those who are interstate? I think the Kings provided full streaming of the Blitz last year which was excellent, has there been any mention of streaming this time?

Reply #488845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something like this should be on the TV, free to air!

Reply #488848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah NBL pre-season should be on free to air tv, just like this years AFL pre-season was......oh wait...nevermind

Reply #488851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A three day event like the Blitz is different, should at least have a highlights show?

Reply #488853 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think anon was talking about how the AFL pre-season has on FTA for years and years.

Reply #488862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was referring to the AFL pre-season was only on fox this year. not free to air

Reply #488868 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

If the rumors are true that Seven are interested in buying NBL and placing it on 7mate then hopefully they pickup the blitz and see how it goes, I wouldn't mind it on ESPN knowing that it would be in HD then!

Reply #488871 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be in the minority, but I don't think the Blitz should be televised to that extent. Highlights and quick Instagram videos maybe, or live streams, but too easy for potential fans to focus on minuscule Blitz crowds.

Reply #488874 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not much of an audience either. Better to target your online audience with the bigger stuff but work hard to get some brief highlights somewhere in the mainstream media to build awareness of upcoming season.

Reply #488876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did it work there last time?

Reply #488879 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

$25 a ticket is too much,when you consider nobody in Bris gets to see their own team.

If the NBL are wanting to wins fans back in Bris then it should of been $10 and kids free.

You will have more players and coaches in the building than fans,not to mention going head to head with footy finals.

Reply #488883 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Yeah dont worry about televising the pre season... No one is interested in watching Pre season outside of the die hards. Yes to online streaming though

Reply #488884 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Very happy there are games back in Brisbane, but choice of venue is disappointing.

I anticipate there will be great interest in the weekend and that many people from the greater SEQ region will want to come and watch, but the venue can't seat that many people. Parking is poor to say the least as are other amenities. Players will be disappointed with changerooms or lack thereof.

I fear the NBL has chosen the cheap/easy option here. The only positive for them is that video/photo coverage will convey the games as well attended and in demand, when in fact a max of 1000 people can watch a game.

Not sure if I want to go to the games and feel like a sardine, but may make an effort so I can scrutinise some players for Dream Team purposes :)

Reply #488887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know the Cats are wining it again right?. They own the blitz.

Reply #488914 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

An article on the Cats website is stating they are after their 5th Straight Blitz win.

"The Perth Wildcats will look to make it five-straight Loggins-Bruton Cups this September, when the Queensland capital hosts the annual pre-season tournament - the NBL Blitz."

http://www.wildcats.com.au/article/id/ozxgeadbw63n11mulqt2c561u

Reply #488932 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

It looks like Wildcats staff are organizing the event.

Reply #488965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You know the Cats are wining it again right?. They own the blitz."

Reply #489014 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Isnt anyone else worried about a single club (Brisbane) entering the league. Its a must here.. you have to bring in 2 teams at once because Bye rounds really hammer a sports team financially. Id be pretty concerned if I was a smaller team in the NBL that Id be idling one week because I was the odd team out.

Getting Brisbane back in is great, but NOT if its to the detriment of the teams currently in it.

Reply #489080 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Who says they're only bringing one team in? And given that teams play twice on some weekends, why would there ever need to be a bye regardless of the number of teams?

Reply #489082 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I know it is very early days but does anyone know how ticket sales are going or what they are expecting to sell? Bought my tournament pass yesterday.

Reply #489127 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Corporate boxes and court side seats now available.

Reply #489556 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Tournament passes almost sold out!

Reply #491624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Joe is running it, so bound to be a great event.

Reply #491630 | Report this post

janitor  
Years ago

@anon, what / who is big joe? Amarketing company / person?

Reply #491778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Joe Tertzakin is currently the Regional Services Manager at Brisbane Basketball Inc and QBL Operations Manager at Brisbane Basketball Inc. Former Team Manager of the Bullets and the Blaze as well. He knows his shit trust me.

Reply #491817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754