NBL.TV - is it worth paying for the 2014/15 season?

So i really want to watch every kings game this season, but im still hesitent to pay $70 for nbl.tv unless i know it will be watchable.

Anyone know what it will be like? Ive never purchased the season pass before

Topic #35188 | Report this topic

Maxymoo  
Years ago

It can be patchy, but with every game for 70 .....I thought it was pretty good.

It was never unwatchable for me, just lost definition for periods and some stadiums were worse than others ....Sydney was good from memory.

Hopefully they have learnt some lessons too.

Reply #489266 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Ask GWB's opinion on it :P

Reply #489269 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

There are some quality issues with the live streams. I haven't had a lot of issues but sometimes it can get quite frustrating . Definitely at the lower end of the scale of live streaming sports.

Having said that though, I no doubt will subscribe again as there's not really any other option out there and the amount of games on free to air TV just doesn't satisfy me .

The quality on replays is quite decent .

Reply #489270 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I subscribed to NBL.tv for both seasons so far.

I'd rate it honestly a 3 out of 10 overall service.

The quality of the stream is quite poor. I seldom get good quality streams without stuttering or blurring.

My internet connection is fine, I can stream HD Youtube videos, NBA, even the Boomers games from Europe was crystal clear for me.

It is not only me having the problems, I am sure others will share a similar story.

I have lost trust in Perform Media to provide a good service and will not be renewing this year.

Reply #489272 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The ability to watch every game ( live or replay ) is well worth the coin they are charging.

Reply #489273 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

If the service was up to scratch, I'd happily pay for it, but considering it is consistently well below par, I just stream the games for free.

Reply #489274 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Beggars aren't chosers unfortunately. i want to watch all my teams games... so i gotta pay for it.

It's a horrible unreliable service that did perform a bit better last season, but it's still terrible.

It's terrible from some local producers never seeing a basketball game then trying ot cover it live, to the digital unreliability of the service.

But if you want to watch every game it's necessary.

Reply #489276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a question out there? If my friend and i subscribe can we both watch it if we pay for one and just have the same login password? If u can go halfves?

Reply #489295 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think that would work if you wanted to watch the same games. You could possibly get away with it if you were never logged in at the same time. (I've done that with NBA League Pass.)

NBL.TV was alright for me last season, but I cancelled my renewal until I know what the deal is for this season. The league or Perform letting the domain lapse for as long as they did made me wonder if it is going ahead at all.

Reply #489299 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

When I subscribed I still found myself watching the pirate streams, that says alot.

Reply #489303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cool, just that when i watch it at home and i will go past my mum and dads i can login and watch it there aswell so if u split the money then every one can watch it. $70 is worth it for me, i crave nbl so to see every game even though the quality is not the best, it's better than nuthin.

Reply #489307 | Report this post

MV  
Years ago

I had it for the first season it was around, then it was renewed for me without my knowledge for the second season.

I barely touched it in the first season because of the poor quality of the streaming, constantly stopping and buffering or freezing, even though I had/have perfectly good internet connection.

I cancelled it very early on in the second season once I found out that it was renewed and paid for without my knowledge

Reply #489313 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It wasn't done without your knowledge, you just forgot about it.

Reply #489366 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

In the T&C it does say it will auto re-new unless you cancel. It's a subscription.

Games done by SKY were 10/10! Games in QLD were usually terrible, prob 1 or 2/10. Other cities came in and out but QLD games were by far the worst quality and often dropped out.

In saying that, for $70 I can somewhat watch every game.. I still get it.

Just wish they gave more with it like a weekly show, old games etc. I know there's licensing issues with the older games, however just get that shit sorted! People would pay double if it included classic games

Reply #489405 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I have a 1c pending fee on my CCard right now from NBL TV. Has anyone else had this happen?Is that their way of testing if the CC I used last time is still active?

Reply #489406 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Terrible quality, terrible customer service.

Always drops out for extended periods.

Sometimes entire games don't work.

Not worth it at all.

Can't say enough about how terrible NBL.tv is.

Reply #489407 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Not sure if anyone realises, but sportsbet streams all/most nbl.tv games for free and there haven't been any problems in the times I've watched. More watchable too

Reply #489437 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

The thing I see here are most people are willing to accept NBL.TV as is now because it is good value and will continue to subscribe.

Because of this I don't think NBL.TV will improve.

Reply #489462 | Report this post

Cobra  
Years ago

I don't bother, I just stream games live for free.

Reply #490024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754