Isaac
Years ago

Latest on the Cavs-Wolves-76ers deal

Cavs send Wiggins, Bennett and a 2015 first rounder to the Wolves for Love.

Wolves get Young from the 76ers in exchange for Shved, Mbah a Moute and the first round pick.

Can't be announced until Saturday in the US as a rookie (Wiggins) can't be traded for 30 days after signing his rookie contract.

Full story

Topic #35196 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wow... So Wolves get Young, Wiggins AND Bennett?
Solid effort from them.

Reply #489390 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Wolves won that trade.

Reply #489393 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

I'm confused, this looks a lot like a good management decision from the Wolves. WHAT SORCERY IS THIS????

Reply #489394 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was happy to see LeBron go home, but I hope Wiggins makes them regret this.

Reply #489398 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I agree Isaac,

I think the Wolves have won these trades and will watch with interest how good Wiggins ends up being, i was one who wanted the Cavs to keep Wiggins and pair him with LeBron as the sg/sf combo and give opponents the nightmare of dealing with there length and athleticism at both ends of the floor.

To me its Title or bust with the Cavs, as anything less they may as well of kept Wiggins and not got Love who im not convinced is the right piece anyway.

Big LeBron fan though so would be happy to see them win the title and he is that good he could make it work and i really only see the Bulls as a chance of beating them in the East.

Reply #489401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will the Timberwolves be the most exciting team to watch play next year (next to the Clippers and Phoenix)??

Rubio is fun to watch, but with Wiggins, LaVine, Young, Budinger and Brewer on the break it should be fast paced and a lot of highlights. Turn over count would be high too, but it will look good.

PG - Rubio / Williams / Barea
SG - Martin / LaVine / Muhammad
SF - Wiggins / Budinger / Hummel
PF - Young / Brewer
C - Pekovic / Dieng / Turiaf

Reply #489404 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

You can't say the twolves won the trade, wiggins has all the potential in the world but he might not live up to it( I think he will and then some), anytime you can get a 25-26 year old 20-10 machine you try and get he everytime, Lebron has carried worse players to the finals

Reply #489409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when they had a player that was going to leave for nothing at the end of the year they definitely won the trade.
plenty of potential v a allstar that doesn't want to be there.

im a bit disappointed in Cleveland for making the trade as id suggest lebron was a factor in requesting it.
disappointed with lebron for not talking/discussing/mentioning bennett and wiggins in his speaches etc

Reply #489413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The GM of the Wolves Milt Newton played NBL with the S.E Magic, yet another Oz - NBA connection

Reply #489442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Following his playing days, Newton turned to the business side of basketball. After a few years working as a scout for the Philadelphia 76ers and as the Assistant Director of USA Basketball, Newton joined the NBA front office and was instrumental in launching the NBA Development League. He joined the Washington Wizards as their Vice President of player personnel in 2003.[4] In September 2013, he was hired by the Minnesota Timberwolves as their general manager.[5]

Reply #489443 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I think it's fair to say Wolves won the trade but Cavs will now likely win the title so it's really win-win. As much as I'd love to see James, Wiggins, Irving and Love all running around together, it wouldn't have been the best thing in terms of equality in the league.

Reply #489448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suns have come into the mix offering Bledsoe as part of a trade. Can't see wolves knocking back the cavs trade for him.

I'm not a fan of trading first rounder for young though. Do wolves even need him with the bigs they have?

Rumoured trade could be Bledsoe to suns for Nash, clarkson, Kelly and first rounder or Nash and hill. Would you do that as a laker? That would be one of the two max deals you can make in two years.

Reply #489449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure cavs are a certainty to win like every one is saying. Yes of course their chances have increased immensely but in the end they are very ordinary defensively. Aren't playoffs a slower grind half court game normally????

Reply #489450 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

The Bulls first 3 titles with Jordan showed that you can win in the playoffs with speed and overcome the slowdown play of teams like (then) Detroit.

Reply #489451 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I actually think the Bulls will beat Cleveland in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Reply #489455 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

What is the main goal for any major sports team? It's not to be ok and be make up the numbers,it's to win the championships. Which team is more than likely going to win a chip first? Plus any player that is above average will leave Minny for a bigger market when there contract is up

Reply #489457 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754