Dunkan
Years ago

Jahii Carson dunks during first Hawks training

Looks like his leaping ability is as advertised.

http://youtu.be/IC2sUTKMhrQ
https://www.facebook.com/wollongonghawks/posts/687256208016788

If nothing else Hawks might be fun to watch.

Topic #35235 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Vertically challenged :)

Reply #489920 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I like it. Bet he's going to be fun to watch on breakaways as well.

Reply #489921 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bottom right at the end makes me laugh.

Reply #489922 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Check out Brad Hill coming in for the block....

Reply #489926 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

Looks less than 5'11", making that even more ridiculous.

Reply #489929 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

No way is he 5'11"...... Nice hops though

Reply #489933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope their help defence is a bit better than that!

Reply #489934 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Looks like he may be another Kendrick Johnson, who was a small scoring pg who played for the Kings in 2000 and threw down some crazy dunks, was a very entertaining player to watch.

Reply #489935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's hope is isn't another kelvin tallied.

Reply #489939 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say that Hill is remembering being on the end of a broken arm in a similar situation and aware that this is practice.

Reply #489941 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'm 5'11, he's shorter than me. I'd say 5'9, 5'10 with shoes if he's lucky.

Reply #489943 | Report this post

jr189  
Years ago

man he is f a s t

Reply #489945 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Love Dom Cooks reaction!

Reply #489950 | Report this post

Hawks  
Years ago

It was filmed on a phone, so the quality isn't great. But it is with a bit of zoomed in slo-mo and a look at some slick dance moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbyeaEssf-o&list=UUt7ogBmi_H92y1O7S5YcM_Q

Reply #489980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Violation. Turnover. He too too many steps. Better fix that before the season start.

Reply #490076 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

"Violation. Turnover. He too too many steps. Better fix that before the season start"

Actually I don't think it was, the drop step after he picked up the dribble was about 4 meters long, what a freak.

Any reff who calls that travel is killing the NBL.

Reply #490190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuse me but Ennis travelled every time he got the ball last season - never called.

Reply #490198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By strict interpretation of the rule that is a travel. Interesting question on whether the player gains an unfair advantage by letting that go or don't call it for the entertainment factor.

Reply #490206 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

This pops up every year, i think most fans agree if its a spectacular play and they player hasnt gained any real advantage, let it go and let the highlights be there!

Ie when going into the open lane for a dunk, taking the extra step doesnt disadvantage the defense, they are already beat, so let the highlight stand, they are great for the league.

Check out the Kendrick Johnson dunk v the Titans, the last one on the clip, most say if you watch closely he travels,one of the best dunks, especially for a little guy the NBL has seen, so most would rather ignore the travel and let the dunk and highlight stand. Remember pro sport is all about entertainment, lets not stand in the way of these types of highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpADcR4NRis

Reply #490212 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

'By strict interpretation of the rule that is a travel. Interesting question on whether the player gains an unfair advantage by letting that go or don't call it for the entertainment factor.'

Also can be argued that going by strict definition means in order to be fair & consistent reffs would need to call 20 traveling violations per game, no one wants to watch that.

A few quality SEABL imports have complained that they have had to change the way they play in every other league around the world because our reffs want to obsess about travel violations,

Reply #490243 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754