commodore 64
Years ago

old church comp Q

in years gone by before we played club ball - we played church ball as 9-10-11 yos.
can recall we played saturday afternoons on outdoor courts (ashphalt, pouring with rain, gym boots, rubber balls). In the years we won our area and then advanced to a "champion of champions" conference at Forestville stadium against other "area" winners.

My Q is can anyone recall how many "areas" the junior church comp was broken into across Adelaide ?

Topic #35238 | Report this topic

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Taperoo was involved for sure

Reply #489966 | Report this post

commodore 64  
Years ago

was it north, south, east and west ?

Reply #489970 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

every church had a basketball court next door....i seem to have a coupla champion of champions pennants here and a premiers z grade and ba and bb grade etc,,musta been hundreds of grades....i think we were in western zone 1..i played a biyya a grade church , as did olympians and states top players etc...it was bigger than texas

Reply #490013 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754