Tom
Years ago

2014/15 NBL Imports Rankings

Where would you rank the outstanding imports we have going into the 2014/15 NBL.

NAME
1. Josh Childress, Sydney
2. Jordan McRae, Melbourne
3. Cedric Jackson, New Zealand
4. DeAndre Daniels, Perth
5. Jahii Carson, Woolongong
6. Scottie Wilbekin, Cairns
7. Mickell Gladness, Townsville
8. Gary Ervin, Woolongong
9. Jermaine Beal, Perth
10. Stephen Dennis, Melbourne
11. Kendrick Perry, Sydney
12. Brian Conklin, Townsville
13. Jamar Wilson, Adelaide
14. Torrey Craig, Cairns
15. Ekene Ibikwe, New Zealand
16. Daequon Montreal, Adelaide

Topic #35264 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Beal > Ervin. Touch and go with most of them, mind you.

Reply #490377 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Impossible to tell till they play in this league

Reply #490382 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

FFS how many times does a person need to post this on Hoops. It's fkn Wollongong you moron.

Reply #490385 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

11 of these 16 imports have yet to play a single game so perhaps these rankings are a bit premature.
LMFAO at fstos you crack me up.

Reply #490394 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I think Ekene Ibekwe at 29, having played 4 years at Maryland before heading to Spain, Turkey & Israel as an Import along with International experience (was an Olympian in 2012) and 4 seasons of NBA Summer League experience under his belt is ranked a little low against a lot of young kids who are about to play their first pro season against grown men.

Reply #490410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're right Mystro - Rotnei Clarke and James Ennis struggled in their first pro season that they were voted the 2 best players in the league.

Reply #490422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ibekwe is going to be coming off the bench for the Breakers, not much danger of him setting the league on fire.

Reply #490423 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I do think a few of these guys are going to be excellent pickups for their teams and exciting to watch by all means.
Ebekwe we will be coming off the bench behind a legit 7ft centre who has established himself in the league and will compliment NZ's roster well.

Reply #490425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro, get off the breaker nut.

Reply #490429 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Watched the SEC championship game Kentucky vs Florida and can't believe that Wilbekin won't be playing in the NBA. Great defender, passer, 3pt shooter and leader. Looking forward to seeing him play for Cairns.

Reply #490959 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I don't want to be That Guy, but Beal in 9th, behind Ervin?

That just doesn't make sense to me. I think their respective finals performances showed it should be the other way around.

Reply #490977 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Ibekwe is going to be coming off the bench for the Breakers, not much danger of him setting the league on fire."

played 4 years NCAA at Maryland, played 4 seasons of NBA Summer League, Played in Germany, Spain Turkey & Israel.
So under your expert Anon rationale he won't be very good because he may play off the bench behind Pledger?

Reply #490980 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Just saw on twitter Perthshire new import had surgery today.Any ideas what that is about?

Reply #491108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754