Ganymede 86
Years ago

2014/15 NBL Predictions

Now that all the rosters are pretty well set throw out your predictions for this years season.

1: Perth
2: Melbourne
3: Wollongong
4: New Zealand
5: Cairns
6: Sydney
7: Townsville
8: Adelaide

MVP: Jackson followed by Daniels & Childress
MIP: Webster
ROY: Brandt
DPOY: Gladness
6th Man: Wagstaff
COY: Gleeson
First Import Sacked: Ibekwe or Montreal

All NBL first team:
Jackson, D Martin, Childress, Daniels, Kickert

All NBL Second Team:
Carson, McRae, Barlow, Vukona, Gladness

Topic #35266 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

Perth
Melbourne
36ers
Cairns
Wollongong
New Zealand
Townsville
Sydney

MVP: Jackson
MIP: Norton
ROY: Brandt
DPOY: Martin
6th Man: Wagstaff
COY: Gleeson
First import sacked: None

All 1st team:
Jackson, McCrae, Childress,Daniels, Knight

All 2nd team:

Dennis, Beal, Abrecrombie, Conklin, Gladness

Reply #490395 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think you could lock in Perth for #1 and Townsville for #8

Reply #490396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth
Wollongong
Townsville
Sydney
New Zealand
Melbourne
36ers
Cairns

Reply #490399 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Is there any reason for Melbourne not being #1 aside from concerns about Anstey's coaching?

Reply #490401 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Perths roster have been together longer, well most of them, plus the fact Gleeson is the better coach, and there talent is of the same level, so yea thats why i have Perth ahead of the Tigers.

Reply #490404 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Perth
Melbourne
New Zealand
Cairns

Sydney
Townsville
Hawks
Adelaide

MVP shortlist:
Jackson
Childress
McRae

Rookie: Angus Brandt
DPOY: Damian Martin (Jackson and Gladness will challenge)

Reply #490411 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

New Zealand
Perth
Melbourne
Sydney
Townsville
Adelaide
Cairns
Wollongong

MVP: Jackson
COTY: Vickerman
MIP: Webster
DPOTY: D.Martin

Reply #490415 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Haha. What team do you barrack for again, Mystro?

Reply #490417 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Townsville ;)

Reply #490419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats
United
Breakers
Kings

Crocs
Taipans
6ers
Hawks

Reply #490428 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Mystro,

Are you suuuuuuure you don't want to list Jackson for DPOY?

Reply #490453 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

What a season we have in front of us, as previously stated in many posts the imports this season are very talented.

I'm a Cats season ticket holder (have been for 15 years)

I think it will be Perth or Melbourne finish 1 & 2 (accually leaning United for Top which would hold them in good stance for the championship)

36ers last

I don't believe you can pick any other team in any other position, 3,4,5,6 & 7 could be anyone.

As basketball fans we have a lot to look forward to this season with how the current teams have shaped up & then the following seasons with expansion teams entering.

Reply #490454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do I keep seeing Cairns listed in the top 4.

Reply #490455 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

no I believe D.Martin like usual will do just enough to retain his DPOTY title.
The Rhys Carter Cedric Jackson combination will def keep oppositions guards very honest with their on ball defence.

Cory Webster just dropped 22 on Turkey and has been on a tear of late. If he can have a great WC's and can continue that form into the NBL season it isn't a massive stretch for him to be in contention for MIP.

If NZ can change around their fortunes and contest the championship with either Perth or Melbourne there is a good chance Dean Vickerman will get some of the credit for assembling & coaching the roster.

Jackson is a proven Superstar in the NBL, is it that biased of a call to think he won't be in the MVP talks at the end of the season?

After last seasons fall from grace I believe NZ has assembled a competitive & versatile roster with a good mix of experience & youth most of which are proven winners.

Perth & United have also got impressive rosters but you have to back your team.

Reply #490648 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You certainly do!

Reply #490650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb
Perth
Wollongong
NZ
Kings
Cairns
Townsville
36ers

I think 1 & 2 are pretty sure bets the rest are really close.

Most exciting team to watch: Wollongong

Reply #490702 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

For those tipping Melbourne to win it all I have to say I don't blame you they do look good and NZ should make playoffs too.
Perth will be thereabouts again.

Reply #490704 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Now that the Blitz is over, has anyone's opinion changed?

Reply #495062 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This seasons will be tight! Any mistake could cost a team a spot in the final 4.

I think New Zealand will be back in force. If there is one thing Kiwis like more than fish & chips, or rugby, it's beating Australia in sport. Breakers into the 4 this season.

Perth will be as string as ever, and no doubt their fans will tell us all about it. The only thing worse than a Wildcat fan, is a Wildcat fan who barracks for Collingwood - I thought human experimentation ceased in the '40's! Perth would be disappointed if they didn't get another minor premiership and flag.

Melbourne will need to get some early wins to "unite" their fans. Expect caution to be thrown into the wind early on with some high tempo games. Some early wins will generate interest in them, otherwise they run the risk of being "just another Melbourne team".

The "Gongers" look like the Clayton's Sixers. Forman, Hill, Adham, Ballinger, Ervin. All they need if for Marty Clarke to get an Assistant's gig there and to change their mascot to a black and shot Hawk.

I had Townsville and Cairns pegged as the easybeats this season, but they seem to be as unpredictable as our Sydeney friends. All three teams look like the could smash anyone else if things go right, but get smashed if they had a lapse in concentration.

Finally the Sixers. After such a great season last year and with other teams getting stronger - how will they go? Yes, they appear a little shorter this year, but that tells me Sixer fans might be in for a faster game with a lot more court pressure creating an offensive spectacle.

Overall, this season will be tight and the final table will get down to injuries, mishaps and even final plays. I think teams will lose a top 4 spot instead off win them. Too close to call IMO. Season starts in 3 weeks, can't wait.

Reply #495071 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

black and white Hawk - damn auto correct

Reply #495072 | Report this post

rockets fan  
Years ago

Nope.I had

Perth
United
Breakers
Kings
Crocs
6ers
Taipans
Hawks

I guess now the only one that might need to be changed is the Crocs for the Kings for the fourth spot. However the Kngs were without their starting C and star NBA import in the blitz.They could still sneak in.I don't see any easy games for anyone this season. Every game will be hard fought and close. The parity right now amongst the teams is insane.

Reply #495107 | Report this post

Jordy  
Years ago

MVP: Cedric Jackson, closely contesting will be Josh Childress.

Perth and Melbourne have a lot of good player so there won't be a stand out.

Ladder

1. Melbourne
2. Perth
3. New Zealand
4. Cairns

Last: Adelaide

Reply #497285 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Last year was guesswork, but this season takes it to a new level, so here goes:

Perth
Melbourne
New Zealand
Adelaide

Townsville
Wollongong
Cairns
Sydney

Reply #497288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754