Skyhook
Years ago

ESPN- Bogut and the Nathans Hotdogs!!

Caught the end of the Sportcenter Andrew Bogut special today at lunch time.

I thought he spoke quite well, but looked like he was taking caffeine pills.. He spoke really fast and i had a little trouble keeping up with him.
The interviewer had a great time he asked a couple of leading questions and Andrew was off talking for minutes! Good on him .. he's got a lot to say and is excited about the future of basketball.

A bit of fun ...

Then why the reference in my title to "Nathan's Hotdogs' you ask.. well straight after the Bogut interview they flashed us over to the most hyped (not so special IMO) event i have ever seen ... 2005 Nathan's HotDog eating challenge !!!(Nathans is a US hot dog Company 100yrs old)

Hilarious ... they had 10-15 mins of promos on these 17 people who are "exceptionally special eaters" .
Some of the nicknames could rival any of those mentioned on this website ... "Boom Boom" Ben Boone a massive redneck who got his arse kicked by an old lady who stuffed 23 Hotdogs and buns into her gut, moments after watching Boom Boom throw up .. the technical term for this (LOL) is actually "unwanted reversal" ...
A stockbroker who calls himself "eater X" was funny .. he is the rookie "eater" of the year and can stuff 30 HotDogs..

The moron commentators were actually encouragin kids to set up there own contests at home " fun and nutritious" !! lol

Here a link to a story on last years event ... worth a look.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/209186p-180240c.html

How many HotDogs do you think a 7ft er like Andrew Bogut could EAT ?

What is the most any Basketballer you know has eaten ?

A bit of fun.

Topic #3531 | Report this topic

ben  
Years ago

shaq could probably eat over 50

Reply #40961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oscar has talked to someone from Quiznos about running an ABL Quiznos-Eating Competition. Maybe get each team to nominate a competitor, and see who wins.

Last I heard, Quiznos were offering to open exclusively for the competition, and provide heavily discounted food for competitors and other discounts for friends and fans. Wonder if everyone would be interested?

Reply #40962 | Report this post

The Body  
Years ago

I'm in, but it might ruin my athletic figure

Reply #40965 | Report this post

ben  
Years ago

^^low fat subs so eat up

Reply #40968 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Update ... the Winner of last years competition Kobayeshi won it again with over 50 dogs and buns !!!

Great idea the Quizno's competition .. i d be happy to help out !!

I wonder how many Reesy could eat ?

Dougie v Panther !! that would be a good match up

Reply #41020 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I think Oliver Miller used to tuck away about 50 before each game. He was a large unit.

"Hot Plate" Williams could also put it away I imagine.

Reply #41128 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dougie VS Truck

Reply #41193 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754