Isaac
Years ago

Sabres women, Rockets men win at Pasadena

Sturt women won by 20+. Hopefully someone has more info.

North men got up in a pretty uninspiring contest after leading 31-39 at half-time, and finished winners, 68-84. First half was pretty flat by both teams, IMO, but North improved and Sturt didn't quite keep up.

Nick Hambour had 29 for the Rockets, Erik Burdon had 20, and Michael Zorich had decent all-round stats. Hawkes wasn't very good besides a couple of great blocks. Can't remember Kent doing much.

For Sturt, Darren Ng was nearly the only highlight, scoring 32 including a brilliant run of threes in the latter stages of the game when the Sabres looked like an outside chance of fighting their way back. Adam Benson had 15 (7-19 FG from memory) and Todd Gower had 10 points and 7 rebounds. Nathan Vaughn did alright, but just didn't hit shots (1-8).

Sturt were missing three starters (gee, bad run) - Oscar in Melbourne, Potsie (groin) and Shepherd (flu).

Somehow, Sturt won the rebound count 56-55, though I would never have guessed that from watching the game. Also, turnovers were 22-19, but I would've guessed more like 25-15. Sturt literally threw the ball out of court and into North's hands far too many times.

Topic #3535 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Wow,

Sabres men surely would have to be going into playoffs concerned about this form slump?

Yeah sure theres been injuries, loss of players to national committments etc, but the good teams overcome these set backs and keep winning.

With Forestville men winning tonight, do Sturt lose that grip on first spot?

Reply #40988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt haven't been top now for a little while, after Forestville beat Sturt for the second time

And Forestville Winning tonight will keep them first

I believe that loss to Sturt win or lose next week for Forestville they will stay first going into the playoff's

Reply #40989 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Yogee,

I'll yhink you find that puts Forestville 2 games up on Sturt & Woodville only one game behind. I don't know who has the Season split, but if Woodville win (against Centrals at Starplex) & Sturt lose (against Southern at Morphett Vale) they would be even, so will depend on their earlier results.

Reply #40990 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

Forestville men now clear minor round premiers being 2 wins ahead of 2nd place Sturt with 1 round to go. Woodville 1 win behind Sturt. These teams being the only sure placed finalists, although the Sturt and Woodville placings could still change come the last round of the season if Woodville win and Sturt lose.

Reply #40991 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boxscores going up in a second. 8/10 boxscores up before midnight? Thanks to the stats people from Southern, Sturt, South and West!

Reply #40992 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Sturt Women won by 30 points exactly!

Highlights:
Hannah Bowley drains a monster 3 (swish) right on the qtr time buzzer to give Sturt the lead by 3.

Brigid Bowley grabs a loose ball on the floor, sitting down, in the key, puts up a shot...in it goes!

Angela Marino goes for 20+ points (just a guess)

Ali Trewartha grabbing boards everywhere...absolute work horse performance! plays on both Brigid and Hannah Bowley during the game, as well as Angela.

Reply #40996 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Thanks for the correction everyone, I hadnt seen the table since last weekends program, and didnt have it committed to memory.

Gotta be good for the league that even the top 5 cant be cemented until the last round, with even 2nd spot still up for grabs.

Reply #41015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754