Anonymous
Years ago

SEABL Championship Games

I thought these games deserved there own thread!

What are peoples thoughts on the two games?

For me I think Mt Gambier will get the championship they missed out last year. I cant see Nunawading shooting the ball as well as they did last week. Mt Gambier match up well with Nunawading and I think they have the advantage at the 4 spot. DJ Johnson to have a huge game for the pioneers and think they will get the win in a close one!

Unfortunately, I dont follow the womens league but am interested in peoples thoughts on the game.

Topic #35413 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

Im looking forward to it and will be watching it on youtube,

From a 36ers/NBL fans point of view

Its

Nunawading - Creek, McDonald, MacMillan, Greer, O'Hea, Odigie, Conn

V

MtGambier - Daly, Hill, Burdon, Sutton, Warbout, Allen

So both have good talent with 36ers/NBL players playing key roles.

No idea who will win, i think it will be very close but look forward to the Daly v McDonald and Creek v Hill match ups.

Reply #493789 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@Jono didn't know that Odgie was suiting for Nunawading....must be a late inclusion.

Reply #493793 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

oops no Odigie or MacMillan for Nunawading, they played against them last week,

Reply #493794 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Looking forward to a great game in the men's.

Think that Mt G match up well i just hope they travel well.

Can't wait to see Hill Vs Creek esp in the open floor.

Think the two really kep match up are

O'Hea/Sheppard Vs Burdon/Sutton

Greer Vs Johnson

In both match up's i give the edge to Mt G and i think whoever win's these two wins the games as i feel the other match up cancel each other out.

Reply #493803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree with your post Tiger watch!

Reply #493834 | Report this post

Ganymede20  
Years ago

SEABL Preview show
http://youtu.be/aXGDiDYv5xk?list=UUC-NMrcieABjJnWhj63YA9Q

SEABL mens live stream starts at 3pm AEST
http://youtu.be/EvgzpVYRi0g

Reply #493844 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Nunawading too strong in the men's. Conn will be the difference.
Hobart will win the women's. Two games this year they held big leads only to be run over at the end. They are playing much better now and no one can stop their big two - Francis and Sheer. Best inside/outside combination going around.

Reply #493897 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Hi John (493897) perhaps your predictions are best left in your head.
"Nunawading too strong in the men's. Conn will be the difference.
Hobart will win the women's. Two games this year they held big leads only to be run over at the end. They are playing much better now and no one can stop their big two - Francis and Sheer. Best inside/outside combination going around."

Wow you had no idea did you.

Reply #494256 | Report this post

VP  
Years ago

Great job by SEABL to once again live stream the games - using the multiple cameras made the experience almost as good as being there and the commentary was reasonably good too.

Daly & Hill were outstanding but they had good support from Allen & Johnson right throughout. Spectres looked really good early with Conn almost unstoppable but when he went to the bench in the 1st quarter they seemed to lose their way. Creek was dominant at times but then over did it at other times. McDonald was very good but was clearly beaten by Daly in the end.

The difference in the end was the failure of O'Hea to hit a single basket - not sure if it was due to illness but it appears the glaring thing on the stats sheet.

A best of three series would have been great.

Reply #494260 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Think the key was no production at all from Nunawadings 2 spot and Johnson probably getting the better of Greer as well.

I thought Hill & Daly were good but Macdonald/Creek also played pretty well.

Conn getting in foul trouble really hurt nunawading as well as he was playing well in the 1st.

Reply #494281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nunawading went too individual too, forcing up shots and 1 pass 1 shot stuff where as MTG moved the ball and took better shots.

Reply #494293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tiger watcher.... MacDonald good?? What game were you watching?

Reply #494508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good year for South Australian basketball with the SEABL championship now residing in SA and the 36ers making the NBL's Grand Final.

Reply #494520 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754