T-Bird
Years ago

Who is the best SEABL player NOT in the NBL?

In light of the SEABL ending and NBL teams all pretty much locked in. Who are the players in the SEABL that should (or could) have been in the league?

Are there any young guns making their way up through SEABL that clubs should be looking at also?

Discuss.

Topic #35515 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Joyce, oh wait

Reply #495423 | Report this post

crocsfan  
Years ago

cj massingale?

Reply #495424 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

cj massingale?

Was not givin a fair chance his last NBL run imho...

Reply #495428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joel naburgs if talking Aussies

Reply #495433 | Report this post

T-Bird  
Years ago

I agree with Naburgs. Surely he's better than players in the league. Will be interesting to see who gets picked up for this Brisbane team.

What about:

Shane McDonald and Simon Conn from Nunawading? I know Conn is ageing but judging by his stats he can still play.

Reply #495439 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Tony Lewis Dandenong

Reply #495444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joel Naburgs +1 ... Adam Doyle is also a solid option off backup PG

Reply #495446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

T O N Y L E W I S

Reply #495447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some players are great at SEABL level although their games don't translate to the NBL.

auryn macmillan isn't that great in the seabl although everything he does in the the seabl he can do in the nbl.

Simon Conn is the best player on his team a lot of weeks (team includes Mitch Creek and Tommy Greer) although who does he guard in the NBL? And would the extra lenght of nbl players mean he can't get some of those shots off. He also struggles to get through a seabl training load, how would he go training every day in the nbl.

As far as Australian's I think Deba George would be a great spark off an nbl bench (better then Rhys Carter).

Tim Lang is a 7 footer who now has 3pt range and would be worth a look once expansion happens.

Reply #495455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MCMillan is terrible at both levels.

Reply #495457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

naburgs... easily

Reply #495467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think a player like Kyle Adnam has a solid future in the NBL after his development stint with Wollongong. He's a crafty player who can give teams nightmares early in the game.
Surprised tony Lewis isn't in the league either- maybe next year?

Reply #495474 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

Auryn Macmillan does what Cameron Bairstow is

a banger/hussle guy

Reply #495481 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

Would a good idea be to have a SEABL/State League All-Stars team play in the NBL pre-season tournament, like how the NBA D-League All-Stars play in the NBA Summer League?

There might be some logistical issues or scheduling conflicts in getting it to work but it would be great exposure for some SEABL guys to the next level.

Reply #495493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the idea of the all-star game, but think the Blitz maybe too late for players to get signed.

I would prefer to see an all-star weekend say around June/July which picks the best players from SEABL, NZBL, WABL, QBL, Big V, CABL and Warratah League. It would be a way to see how the best standard of all the league stack up and for NBL clubs to see first hand some of the players they would be looking at.

I would say each league to pick their best 10 players with only 2 imports from each league be able to be selected. And existing NBL players can be included.

If this was to happen, what would everyone's All-Star teams for each league from last season be?

Reply #495499 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

Either Braith cox or Shawntees Gary

Reply #495515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When he was playing SEABL Ismail Mohamad was a beast, clear front runner, should have played NBL.

Reply #495552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tony Meier

Reply #495730 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754