Could the sydney kings win the season?

Odds are at $13 (TAB) but i honestly think its worth a $20 bet. What does everyone think?

Topic #35547 | Report this topic

bankedshot  
Years ago

they definitly have a shot at it, but it will depend if Childress stays for the full season or if he gets an nba call up which is actually quite likely. Without childress they will definetly be lacking potential when matched against teams like melbourne and perth.

Reply #495772 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No I don't think so. Not enough experience for my liking. Madgen and Childress obviously have got mileage under them, but Ellis enters virtually his first full year, Brandt fresh from College, Perry only 21, Cadee still youngish, Duinker only 25 and played in a weaker Netherlands league and probably not helped by a weakish bench.

Reply #495774 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No chance. Doubt they will finish top 4.

Reply #495776 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

No Quality big guys

Reply #495784 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

curtley,

they have the 5 spot covered.

Their 4 men on the other hand..good luck getting rebounding and inside presence production from them, especially Ellis.

Reply #495797 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I think Tom Garlepp has improved significantly. Just watching him at the Blitz I could see he was one of the main offensive threats and he has a good close range jumpshot.

Reply #495822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney will improve, no doubt, but so will all the other teams this season. Do they have what it takes to play well for long enough every week to bring home the 'W', who knows?

Reply #495848 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Sydney are less likely to win this year.

The coach is untested at this level.

The front line (as a collective) is less experienced than most at this level.

The danger will be Childress, he looks to be a damn good rebounder, so that will make up some of the loss of AJ.

If Childress goes into Beast Mode, that will free up Madge.

Reply #495877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beast mode!!! He hasn't played for 2 seasons and is currently injured and was spotted not long ago in a moon boot. Undoubtedly a great player but only time will tell. No they wont win it all.

Reply #495895 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Save your money, they won't win it.

Reply #495902 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Could put a wager on them making playoffs but wouldn't bet on championship for them

Reply #495903 | Report this post

Noted; dont waste my money

Reply #495922 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I think the Reign of the Violet Crumbles is still a way off yet.

Reply #495960 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754