Johnnysack
Years ago

Taking a 1 year old to a 6ers game. Tickets, etc.

I am coming back to Adelaide from os over xmas/ny, and i want to take my 1 year old to a decent level pro ball game (Japan is truly woeful). Do i need to buy a ticket for the youngster? He obviously will be sitting on his parent's laps, but the ticket sales website implies that he will be a junior, and thus needs a ticket also. Is this correct?
Also, anyone with useful advice for taking a youngster ro 6ers game, tips, etc more than welcome.

Topic #35582 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Email the Adelaide 36ers. Some how I think they will be more informative than going to a forum.

Reply #496418 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Really.....

Reply #496420 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

JohnnySack..

In general if a 1 year old sits on your lap, you don't have to pay for them.

However it would be prudent to verify with your ticketing agent.

One consideration for young children is the noise.

With a full stadium of screaming fans with clappers plus the loud music, it is a lot of noise and may scare your child. Perhaps some ear muffs if you believe they will be impacted by the noise levels.

Reply #496425 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

my advise from past experience.....unless that child can sleep through a ton of noise, then get a babysitter, you wont get to watch a single bit of game and hes too young to appreciate it anyway

Reply #496449 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

He might get a few minutes at back up shooting guard ?

Reply #496466 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

We took our son to Taipans games from 5 weeks old, we didn't have any problems at all until he turned about 14/15 months old and got a bit more mobile, at which point we couldn't keep him on our laps anymore and had to leave him with a sitter.

One year should be fine unless he gets freaked out by loud noises. I've seen a few parents with those kiddie ear muffs, in my experience the $4 ear protecters from Bunnings also work well if your kid will keep them on his/her head.

Not sure about 36ers, but at Taipans games kids under 2 go free.

Reply #496482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnnysack haha how bad is the jap league, I heard it sucks, care to elaborate

Reply #496792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754