Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs Crocs, Oct 10

Let's get some game threads started...

Good chance to see if the Crocs' Blitz form was lucky, or if the Hawks have fixed their rebounding somewhat.

Topic #35620 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

If you go on pre-season form Crocs should get the win easily...but we all know pre-season counts for nothing. Should be an interesting game

Reply #497031 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

What's the latest on Larry Davidson?

Reply #497034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you go off Crocs pre season form. They won the Blitz but that was a crappy sample size, only two games per team and one was against a FIBA World Cup depleted Breakers that boosted their points differential. Laughable to use that in any way shape or form.

What was sad is that it is the Crocs first ever title of any sort... lol!

Reply #497039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statsheet - Larry out 2-3 weeks.

#497039 - its not just what the crocs showed in the pre season, its what Wollongong showed at the blitz which was very little. They did play last years grand finalists although they didn't look great.
They get Neville in who may take time to adjust to the system.

Wollongong always shoot and play well at home so it should be an even contest. I'd probably have the Crocs slight favourites although there isn't much in it.

Are Carson and Ervin 100% healthy or are they carrying niggling injuries?

Reply #497052 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Official injury report:

Larry Davidson - Knee - 2 to 3 Weeks

Reply #497060 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Anon #497039 By going off pre-season form , as in Crocs won some big games and had some success. Hawks stunk!! Got thumped in a few....did the Hawks actually win a game pre-season. So yeah, I think my statement made sense.

Reply #497080 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I'm with Train, Hawks stunk it up here in Cairns for 2 preseason games. Hopefully the addition of Nevill makes them competitive.

Reply #497081 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I'd be tipping Townsville for this one. They are playing with confidence and seemed to have gelled well as a team.

On the other hand I dont think the Hawks squad is balanced with the Carson and Ervin combo. Add to that Neville hasnt been with the team long and Davidson is injured - his value to this team is very underrated.

Reply #497084 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

The Crocs should have this one.

Reply #497111 | Report this post

anon1980  
Years ago

I'm going Hawks by 3

Reply #497137 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Crocs a good chance to go 2-0 this weekend.

Reply #497138 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Hawks are too unsettled as shown by their pre season form. I don't particularly like the idea of having two undersized score first PG imports.

Crocs will just have too much for the master coach to overcome.

Crocs by 12

Reply #497187 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Luke Nevill's signing with the 'Gong was a big one - will be interesting to see how they utilise him.

May well be a case of which import duo stands up to be counted in this one.

NBL 2014/15 Round 1 Preview: Hawks, Crocs open season in the 'Gong

Reply #497238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Luke Nevill for Hawks so pre-season a bit irrelevant for them depending on how he fits in so it is too hard to use this as a gauge.

Reply #497254 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

What's going on in the last quarter?

Reply #497312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen on ABC SA radio
Live.

Reply #497313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong thread apologies

Reply #497314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long season for the crocs ahead I would suggest.

Reply #497316 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

#497316 The Crocs were in the game until the end of the 3rd quarter. This just shows that pre season form doesn't mean anything.

Reply #497339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We already know that

Reply #497349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like it was mentioned earlier Crocs preseason was irrelevant yet many in the earlier part of the thread were pumping the Crocs up and downers on Hawks due to a few preseason games, how many games against NBL opponents did they play max, maybe 4-5? wow what an indicator. Wrong again (as always).

Reply #497390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs will be fine - just let the foot off the gas in the last

Hawks look good with Neville filling up the middle - will only get better once he and Carson play a bit more

Reply #497411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #497434 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

A big fourth quarter from Jahii Carson helped the Hawks to open the season with a solid win.

Carson scored 14 of his 20 points in the final term as the Hawks turned around an 8 point deficit with a 33-16 fourth period. The Hawk's have themselves a player!

Recap: NBL 2014/15 Round 1: Fourth quarter blitz gives Hawks win in season opener

Reply #497439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good is #497390?

Reply #497442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

beyond the game, the hawks nailed the entertainment, music, lights, pyro and about the best player intro i've seen with red smoke !

what a game night !

Reply #497445 | Report this post

Anon1980  
Years ago

Isaac "or if the Hawks have fixed their rebounding somewhat."

By the looks of it they have really improved with the big man there

Reply #497446 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nevill's contribution on the boards was immense, not just the ones he grabbed but others he influenced.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops under Gordie. I thought he made big strides in his one year under Bevo, and I reckon Yoda can develop him even more.

Reply #497448 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@Paul: Whenever people knock Nevill for his low rebounding numbers, ive always said itd be interesting to see how much better a team reboubds when he is on the floor. His numbers are never huge but he has gravity in that department that frees up boards for his teammates.

As for the Crocs: it never feels good to choke away a game like that. This season ia going to be so tight that you cant really afford to drop any winnable games if you want to have a crack at the 4.

Reply #497476 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's true, but I reckon his effort was at a higher level last night, similar to when he was at Perth and averaged something like five boards in under 20 mins.

Reply #497483 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754