Anonymous
Years ago

Will the spurs be ok without Patty?

Spurs are looking shakey with the loss of Patty having its effect. With the possibility of the spurs having to rest their old guys and with Patty out will the spurs hold a decent standing? I think it might be a rough start to the season with an injection coming on Pattys return.

Topic #35632 | Report this topic

bender  
Years ago

Lottery bound!!!

Reply #497330 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I think they'll be ok. As good as Patty is, he's still no LeBron James, or even Tony Parker.

Reply #497332 | Report this post

Kan  
Years ago

Definitely will suck big time. I hear they have lost every game since he had surgery on his shoulder.

Reply #497370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They might struggle without him to start with but I still think patty can bring them home to top 2 seed

Reply #497372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reading the title.. are you serious? LOL

Reply #497381 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I think they will be okay, but if Patty can return and hit form for them at the right time, it will be a boost to the team no doubt.

Reply #497463 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What a silly post

Reply #497474 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Um Yes

Reply #497478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a stupid post!

Take Mills away and add Duncan, Parker or Ginobli then maybe that's worth a discussion.

Reply #497492 | Report this post

Td  
Years ago

^ haters. Hope the Spurs can hold ground and that Patty returns to star mode after injury. All the best to them.

Reply #497494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being a realist is not being a hater. Mills is no where near as important as the likes of Parker and Duncan.

Doesn't mean people are hating or not supporting the Aussies just means there are people that are not biased in their comments.

Some people on here make it sound like Mills is a franchise player which is just stupid.

Reply #497520 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Reality is the Spurs are the deepest team in the NBA. Won't make much difference. When Mills returns Parker will benefit greatly as he can reduce his minutes in the post all star run to the playoffs.

Reply #497521 | Report this post

Td  
Years ago

Patty Mills buried the Miami Heat in the finals. He was a major difference. +- and % is major

Reply #497526 | Report this post

Td  
Years ago

LBJ probably has nightmares about patty and that game

Reply #497527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The word 'hater' continues to be abused on this site by patriotic morons over rating Mills.

Well said Anons that Mills is no Parker, Duncan or Ginobili.

Reply #497532 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Haven't won a game since his surgery....

Reply #497533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... which so far amounts to one pre season game.

Reply #497535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Read a while back that Patty played a big part in LBJs move to the cavs regarding if Patty didn't go nuts in the finals giving the Heat the chance to win that LBJ would have stayed with the heat.

Reply #497540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said about the big 3

Bottom line is that Mills wouldn't have been in a position to have an impact on the finals if it wasn't for the big 3. Mills was not the major piece in the spurs getting to the finals, not even close.

And no I'm not a hater, I love to see Aussies doing well. Doesn't mean have to make over the top comments.

Reply #497548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't referring to getting to the finals I was talking about the finals itself. Patty was clutch and caught heat when it mattered. Props to patty.

Reply #497572 | Report this post

sleptOn  
Years ago

They will be fine.

I have to also laugh at bender's comment just for sheer audacity :)

Reply #497575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's my point if patty was so important then he would be a big factor in them getting there. He wasn't so he won't be a huge loss for the spurs to start the season.

There are better players off the bench than Mills.

Reply #497599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was a big factor

Reply #497601 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Spurs will be fine without Patty

Reply #497602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was a big a factor as Parker, Duncan or ginobli?

Ok spurs wouldn't have made finals if it wasn't for mills. Is that what you want to hear????

Even though it's untrue. He is no way near a major piece of the spurs. He's more easily replaced than their big 3

Reply #497608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes LeBron went back to his home because of Mills.. F'N LOL!!!

Reply #497669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10.2 ppg
1.8 apg
2.1 rpg

Fairly important role in getting the Spurs to the playoffs, finals and the championship. One of the best bench scorers in the league, period.

Oh, and haters isn't the word I'd use for you. Moron or douchebag are more appropriate terms to describe yourself, anon-troll..

Reply #497922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha settle down tiger. Stating that an Aussie is not the most important piece to a team is not a hater or makes you a douche. It's people like you that can't have a civil debate without calling names. How about you get a little mature.

Parker 16.7pts 2.3 reb 5.7 as
Duncan 15.1pts 9.7 reb 3as
Ginobli 12.3 pts 3.0 reb 4.3 as
Leonard 12.8 pts 6.2 reb 2.0 as
Splitter 8.6pts 6.2 reb 1.5as
Diaw 9.1pts 4.1reb 2.8as
Bellineli 11.8pts 2.8reb 2.2as
Green 9.1pts 3.4 reb 1.5as

So out of all those plAyers I'm not sure how mills is a huge loss.

Um pretty stupid comment Crawford 19pts 2reb 3as and a waaayyyy better scorer than mills. What about young 17pts 3reb 1as another better scorer than mills.
What about some other players off the bench?
Morris 14 6 1
Evans 14 5 5
Jackson 13 4 4
Carter 12 4 3
Pretty sure most teams would take all those players over Mills with the exception of maybe Carter due to age.

Does this make me a hater or a douche????

Reply #498034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A douche

Reply #498156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha cause you can't answer with any basketball knowledge you use name calling.

How old are you!

Reply #498158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm 5, (picks nose), but I read at a 6th grade level...

Did Patty sleep with your girlfriend or something chief? Or your mum? You just seem to be unjustifiably anti-Patty. People have a right to be excited about him. He's great to watch, provides some scoring punch off the bench and has an enviable +/- which makes him efficient. No one said he is the most important factor in the Spurs team. The point of the OP is that he is a very important cog, which you can't deny.

I agree with you that in general, the patriotism directed towards Aussie sportsmen and women by the media can be over-bearing in this country. It also places unnecessary pressure on these athletes to perform. However, does that mean we can't celebrate with some Patty-love in this forum, after the breakout season he just had because it's too patriotic? C'mon mate. Join our pro-Patty movement.

And from the tone, grammar and general doucheness of your commentary, I'd recommend reviewing your own maturity levels before questioning someone else's.

Reply #498173 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Which anon is which? You guys all look the same to me but I do agree with anon #173 above and what he or she has written does make sense.

Reply #498177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not anti patty at all. I love seeing Aussies in the nba and hopefully more will make it.

I just don't let it play a part in my opinions. To suggest that mills going down for a while will have a big impact on the spurs title defense is rubbish. That's why I put the teams numbers up. They are so well coached and balanced that he won't make that much difference. Of course he will make some but not to the degree that some people seem to think.

Then to suggest Lebron left miami because of him well I don't know what to say to that.

Then to say he's the best scorer off the bench period is probably not true also. That's why I mentioned the other great players off the bench. As I said besides carter any team would take those players over mills.

This doesn't make me a hater at all. It makes me someone that thinks there's better players out there and that mills isn't everything to the spurs.

Reply #498184 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754